Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Do you think this defense could stop NFL teams?

From Pat Kirwan's column at nfl.com

DT: Three-man rotation -- Dan Wilkinson, Grady Jackson, Brentson Buckner. All three played over 50 percent of the defensive snaps for their teams last year and give a defense incredible bulk inside.

DE: Brady Smith, Duane Clemons, Gary Walker. This group isn't as interesting as the tackles, but they have a lot of playing experience and could still be effective.

OLB: Tommy Polley, Peter Boulware. They can still play, especially Polley, who was in on 80 percent of the plays last season.

ILB: Jamie Sharper, Chris Claiborne, Earl Holmes, Junior Seau. Older guys, but splitting time could work.

CB: Ty Law, Ahmed Plummer, Dexter McCleon, Denard Walker.

S: Lance Schulters, Brent Alexander, Keion Carpenter. This secondary had over 20 interceptions last season.

They all need a home. Maybe they should form a club and play a few preseason scrimmages against actual NFL teams.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Do you think this defense could stop NFL teams?

I wouldn't mind having some of them on the Vikes.. I like what we have right now, so I hope they don't go after any of those..

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

DUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEE.....

LET'S GET DENARD WALKER!!!!!!
    ANTOINE WHO???
    FRED WHO???
    BRIAN WHO???

......this guy is the answer to our CB woes......

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

wow

"Prophet" wrote:
    From Pat Kirwan's column at nfl.com

DT: Three-man rotation -- Dan Wilkinson, Grady Jackson, Brentson Buckner. All three played over 50 percent of the defensive snaps for their teams last year and give a defense incredible bulk inside.

DE: Brady Smith, Duane Clemons, Gary Walker. This group isn't as interesting as the tackles, but they have a lot of playing experience and could still be effective.

OLB: Tommy Polley, Peter Boulware. They can still play, especially Polley, who was in on 80 percent of the plays last season.

ILB: Jamie Sharper, Chris Claiborne, Earl Holmes, Junior Seau. Older guys, but splitting time could work.

CB: Ty Law, Ahmed Plummer, Dexter McCleon, Denard Walker.

S: Lance Schulters, Brent Alexander, Keion Carpenter. This secondary had over 20 interceptions last season.

They all need a home. Maybe they should form a club and play a few preseason scrimmages against actual NFL teams.

The guys i bolded are people i think could be good on this team!! I'm not completely sold on EJ in the Middle LB spot so bringing in Seau would give EJ someone to learn behind (if EJ doesn't get the start). Dexter is a really good player IMO. Lance Schulters could come in and be a good Special teams guy or maybe compete for a starting role with all that is going on with Offord. Peter Boulware is an awesome player, he has done really well with the Seahawks and could be a good player, but i don't think we are looking to upgrade much more on the OLB slot. Having Buckner inside with big ol' Pat Williams on like 1st downs would be unbelievable, he is fast and big just like Pat!! But he is getting up there in age and we Still have Kevin Williams who good too.
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe DSharp can convince JSharp to sign on for cheap for a chance to play here with his bro!!!

But if we are going to go the VET route, I would rather wait and see if Donnie Edwards gets cut on June 1st...then grab him!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah theres some so-so players left. Nothing to be to excited about, And noone the vikes need from that list.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Some of the players are ok, but I don't think any of them are something to go nuts over.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I think everyone is waiting until after the June 1st cuts to see who is left before signing these guys....

Thanks Lotza!

I think we need to bring in a ILB (seau), a safety (schulters), or a CB just to add depth at those positions!! With Offords off-field incident and Tank Williams injury prone, we need to add some good back ups to the safety position. I know we have Whittaker at CB, and Griffin, but they havn't proved much yet, so atleast bring in a CB from the list to have them practice and get a feel for how they play, same thing with ILB position, Seau may be getting old but he is a good, solid player who can compete for a starting role!! I wouldn't mind seeing any of these players in camp after the June 1st cuts!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast