Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    wyorob is offline Starter

Re: Do we really want B. Johnson as the starter

I do not want Daunte.. I am done with hom, I wish him well but I hope we kick the tar out of what ever team he plays for and I hope it is in the SUPER BOWL..................

Damn!!!!! I just dropped my drink and hurt my knee trying to pick it up ... Nobody loves me here... I quit I want a new employer WAAAAAAA

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

wyorob is offline Starter

I forget his name but the QB that was back up to Daunte a couple seasons ago and was traded to the Saints??? What was his name? He played well for us and showed potential when he was in the game. People thought he would be around for a long time?

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I cant understand why people doubt Brad Johnsons ability, he won a freaking superbowl in West Coast Offense.. so you guys need to chill - in WCO youre quaterback dosnt need a long ball arm, BJ is a very good QB - he can read a defense and gets rid of the ball quick - i like him in a WCO.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Del Rio Guest

I don't know about we, but I do.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"skum" wrote:
    I cant understand why people doubt Brad Johnsons ability, he won a freaking superbowl in West Coast Offense.. so you guys need to chill - in WCO youre quaterback dosnt need a long ball arm, BJ is a very good QB - he can read a defense and gets rid of the ball quick - i like him in a WCO.
    true..but with the best defense in the NFL..the other thing is that he is what? 4 years older now?..you cant rely on johnson winning the superbowl here..i think just making the playoffs should be our goal if he is starting, nevermind dreaming about the superbowl
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    true..but with the best defense in the NFL..the other thing is that he is what? 4 years older now?..you cant rely on johnson winning the superbowl here..i think just making the playoffs should be our goal if he is starting, nevermind dreaming about the superbowl
    How old was rich gannon when he took the Raiders to the SB? How old was Cunningham when we were on the BRINK?

You can rely on Johnson. What you can't rely on is someone assuming that he is not good enough merely because of his age.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    I would rather have Culpepper...
    meeeeeeeeee tooooooooooooo
    me three
    me four.

Me want pEp hear badlly.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"Eyedea" wrote:
    I would rather have Culpepper...
    Too bad he doesn't feel the same...

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"wyorob" wrote:
    I forget his name but the QB that was back up to Daunte a couple seasons ago and was traded to the Saints??? What was his name? He played well for us and showed potential when he was in the game. People thought he would be around for a long time?
    Todd Bouman. He's OK, but he's just a solid backup/fringe starter kind of player. And I'm pretty sure he signed with the Saints as a free agent back then, I don't think we traded him.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"wyorob" wrote:
    I like Brad Johnson I really do, but I want to move on and move forward right now. Pick up a good young QB let him play in front of Johnson who will be a great back up QB. Does he have what it takes to bring this team to the promised land? He is a greatleader and I feel would be great in a back up role. Maybe draft a young QB and see what he has got. I dont know? I am ready for more and I want it now. I trust BJ but I feel the team is just about where it needs to be. Lets spend some money make some deals and get a high Pick.
    Most high pick QB are not only a waste of money . . . but fail miserably.

BJ will be fine leading us to the promised land. He is smart and doesn't make as many dumb mental mistakes as DC does.

He might only have a couple of seasons left in the tank, but we'll be fine . . . if our line will block.

If you draft a QB, he needs to sit a season or so, and learn the NFL. Gain knowledge, confidence, and then see what he has. Of course there is always an exception to this rule, but most QB's need to sit and learn.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast