Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    wyorob is offline Starter

Do we really want B. Johnson as the starter

I like Brad Johnson I really do, but I want to move on and move forward right now. Pick up a good young QB let him play in front of Johnson who will be a great back up QB. Does he have what it takes to bring this team to the promised land? He is a greatleader and I feel would be great in a back up role. Maybe draft a young QB and see what he has got. I dont know? I am ready for more and I want it now. I trust BJ but I feel the team is just about where it needs to be. Lets spend some money make some deals and get a high Pick.

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Do we really want B. Johnson as the starter

NO..he cant put enough points on the board for us to win games..we will need to score more than 10 points to win games this year..our defense isnt going to be in the top 5, and they wont be able to hold teams to a low enough point total to win with johnson as our starter
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

He's obviously not our future, but I don't see an alternative for the upcoming season. Even if we draft a rookie, he's NOT going to be ready to start day 1.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If I had to choose between a rookie, and BJ then I am going with BJ. If I had to choose BJ, or say Drew Brees, I am going with Brees. Drew Brees is only 27, and his surgeon has already said he will make a 100% recovery from that injury. We need to do something, whatever way you look at it, BJ is not the answer for the future..

wyorob is offline Starter

So, true about the 10 points, We need more and i do not have a prob with putting a rookie in there, its been done before. If you sit a guy a year and he starts the next he in essence is still a rookie. When I get Hired at a new job its on the job training. I know there is a big difference but when I joined the army and got out of basic I was given the guns, explosives and whatever, I didnt sit the sidelines in the gulf war. College and spring training is their basic training. Draft a guy get him ready and send him into battle. Spend money, trade players give up some future draft picks whatever it takes to move up and get a quality QB

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    He's obviously not our future, but I don't see an alternative for the upcoming season. Even if we draft a rookie, he's NOT going to be ready to start day 1.
    Agreed. He is the best of what we have. I think we can still go far as long as we build a decent supporting cast around him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Even Daunte was benched his rookie year, you need to put him in the system let him practice lots with a veteran QB I DO NOT agree with putting him straight into the line of fire. We do that and we have an extremely rough season ahead of us.

You also have to consider that we pick 17th, the top qb's are already gone by then, and with our imminent Daunte trade we aren't going to be moving up in the draft like we did last year.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

he is a great vetren quarterback that should help guide our future qb like randell and jeff did for jiggly butt.

Big C is offline Coordinator

We have no choice. Hope everyone is happy :sad:.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If I had to choose between a rookie, and BJ then I am going with BJ. If I had to choose BJ, or say Drew Brees, I am going with Brees. Drew Brees is only 27, and his surgeon has already said he will make a 100% recovery from that injury. We need to do something, whatever way you look at it, BJ is not the answer for the future..
    agreed..whether we get a rookie or a FA, we need to do something this year that dictates what direction we are going in at QB..i wouldnt object to us giving a 1 year deal to aaron brooks or brian griese, just to bring them in to compete with johnson for the job..while doing that we could still draft a QB to play behind the both of them..if the one year deal guy works out, then get him locked up long term, otherwise let him go and bring up the younger player
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast