Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Do we really need a QB? What QB's are up for Free Agency?

Problem is at Atlanta will tend him for a first rounder.. and i dont want to give that up

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    Did everyone forget about Matt Schaub.
    He will be a good QB for years to come once he is given the chance to start.
    Schaub and TJ can battle it out in training camp and we will have a good backup or trade bait with whoever is second string.
    Atlanta did it with Schaub and Vick so if we need to make a trade with a team who needs a QB it will be of good value to have both of them.
    I like Schaub as much as Huard, however, I don't think they will be available.
    New HC in Atlanta so we don't know what they will do and Green stinks so bad that I bet they keep Huard.
    Both are a pipe dream.
    Unless they are putting out fluff to disguise what they are doing they will do exactly what ec179299 said earlier and go with what they have and draft another QB in the later rounds.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

WichitaKSViking is offline Waterboy

It's gonna be TJ to CJ next season I can see it now......... Gotta give T. Jack the go he'll give us the best chance to win... Oh and bring in a FA Brad Johnson type for mentoring to young kids..... Or Brad could stay either way works good...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"TravarisJackson4Life" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    There is no reason for us to get Garcia, he would just be stealing time Travaris could be using to improve and become the QB of the future.
    I'll take that as an unbiased statement TravarisJackson4Life.
    You know I'm right, and by the sound of it Childress feels the same way.
    If you are backing-up you being right with Childress feeling the same way....be careful.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:
    There is no reason for us to get Garcia, he would just be stealing time Travaris could be using to improve and become the QB of the future.
    This coming from a poster who can't even spell the player's name that he is named after correctly...smoooooooth!

Just don't ever refer to former Vikings receiver Cris Carter as Chris Carter and you will be safe from the wrath of Ultar!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    This coming from a poster who can't even spell the player's name that he is named after correctly...smoooooooth!

Just don't ever refer to former Vikings receiver Cris Carter as Chris Carter and you will be safe from the wrath of Ultar!
    Yea..that's just sad......Travis Jackson rules!!!!!

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

What has T.J. done in his past to prove that he is the man?

How many scrambling QB's have won Super Bowls?

Sorry Fran.....

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleGator" wrote:

Sorry Fran.....
    IMO, there is nothing wrong with scrambling quarterbacks as long as they use that ability to make the passing game better. "Running" quaterbacks like Vick are never really successful in the playoffs, but guys like Steve Young, McNabb, and McNair have used their athletic ability to make themselves better passers and have all either won or been to Super Bowls.

And don't say, "Yeah but McNabb and McNair have never won the big one" because it's all about percetages. How many scrambling quaterbacks have won Super Bowls? I'd say 2...Elway and Young. But how many scrambiling quarterbacks have there been in the league? Certainly far less than there have been steel footed Bernie Kosars, and how many of them have won Super Bowls? Also very few. Only about 26 or 27 guys EVER in the league have won Super Bowls, so the percentages are really against everyone, especially when a there have been far fewer scrambling quaterbacks than there have been pocket guys.

A lot needs to come together to win a Super Bowl, so saying that one type of player can't get it done and another can is a bad argument, IMO.

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

Yea..that's just sad......Travis Jackson rules!!!!!
    You must have meant Randy Travis or Alan Jackson, right?
    ;D

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:

Sorry Fran.....
    IMO, there is nothing wrong with scrambling quarterbacks as long as they use that ability to make the passing game better. "Running" quaterbacks like Vick are never really successful in the playoffs, but guys like Steve Young, McNabb, and McNair have used their athletic ability to make themselves better passers and have all either won or been to Super Bowls.

And don't say, "Yeah but McNabb and McNair have never won the big one" because it's all about percetages. How many scrambling quaterbacks have won Super Bowls? I'd say 2...Elway and Young. But how many scrambiling quarterbacks have there been in the league? Certainly far less than there have been steel footed Bernie Kosars, and how many of them have won Super Bowls? Also very few. Only about 26 or 27 guys EVER in the league have won Super Bowls, so the percentages are really against everyone, especially when a there have been far fewer scrambling quaterbacks than there have been pocket guys.

A lot needs to come together to win a Super Bowl, so saying that one type of player can't get it done and another can is a bad argument, IMO.
    Agreed, Ltrey!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast