Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Do we really need a QB? What QB's are up for Free Agency?

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=176563

Interesting read on Quinn and what NFL scouts are saying.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wow.
    That article is pretty harsh,
    He's the biggest fraud in the draft
    I don't know if I would go that far, but maybe this is why Detroit is looking to trade down.
    I think they could use Quinn, but think that #2 is way too high of a pick for him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Wow.
    That article is pretty harsh,
    He's the biggest fraud in the draft
    I don't know if I would go that far, but maybe this is why Detroit is looking to trade down.
    I think they could use Quinn, but think that #2 is way too high of a pick for him.
    : Interesting,
    : say maybe at #7.

What would the logistics of that be:

Thier #2 2600 pts

Our #7 (1500) + our #41 (490) +
    2008 3rd round (Say 200) = 2190 plus Smoot.

Again, very interesting.
    Just not sure how they would get around the "Intradivision" issue if it really exists.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thier #2 2600 pts

Ouch.
    That is a pretty high price IMHO, and I actually think the Lions would want more.
    I just can't picture a scenario in which we could move up without spending 4+ picks (combo of this years and next years).
    I would love to get CJ, but not at that price.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thier #2 2600 pts

Ouch.
    That is a pretty high price IMHO, and I actually think the Lions would want more.
    I just can't picture a scenario in which we could move up without spending 4+ picks (combo of this years and next years).
    I would love to get CJ, but not at that price.
    Especially when we might be able to get a Jarrett, Bowe, Rice, Meachem kindof guy later in the draft. (put this in another thread also).
    Issue might be will any of them be avail in the second round after they show thier stuff in the combine.

Sidney Rice WR 6'4 202 South Carolina So.
    Even though he only played two seasons of college ball, Sidney Rice was one of the best receivers in the country. As a redshirt freshman in 2005, he hauled in 70 passes for 1,143 yards and 13 touchdowns, earning various Freshman All American honors, and was named to the All SEC 1st team. As a sophomore, he became a marked man but still had 72 catches for 1,090 yards and 10 touchdowns.
    Rice has a fantastic combination of size and athleticism. He has a long, lanky frame which presents a big target for his quarterback. He combines that size with excellent athleticism and body control, and is near impossible to stop in one on one situations. Rice is not afraid of contact, and should be a force in the red zone.
    With just two years of experience, Rice may need a little time for round out his skills. He could also stand to add a few pounds to better handle physical defensive backs in the NFL.
    Rice has big time potential, and had he returned to school, could have developed into a Top 10 pick. Even though Jeff Samardzija has decided to play with the Cubs instead of the NFL, Rice is in a battle with quite a few receivers to be the second receiver selected after Calvin Johnson.

Dwayne Bowe WR 6'3 217 LSU
    Bowe did not make much of an impact as a freshman, catching just nine balls for 106 yards on the season. He began to show his ability as a sophomore, when he hauled in 39 passes for 597 yards and five touchdowns. He continued to improve and his numbers grew to 41 receptions for 710 yards and nine touchdowns. Bowe closed out his career with his best season, finishing with career highs across the board with 60 catches for 912 yards and 11 touchdowns.
    Bowe is one of the more physically gifted wideouts in the draft. He has excellent size, good speed, and is a very good athlete. Bowe is built very well, and has the strength to take a hit over the middle and hold on to the ball. He also shows the speed to get down the field and be a vertical threat. Bowe’s best trait is his body control. With his combination of size and body control, he could be an excellent red zone target at the next level.
    There isn’t anything Bowe lacks physically, aside from pure burner speed. He has more than enough speed especially at his size, but he’s not a burner. Bowe has also had some issue in the past of playing every down with the same intensity level.
    Bowe has come through with an impressive senior campaign, and could be the top senior wideout in the draft. Some talented underclassmen will likely push him down a bit, but Bowe has all the talent to develop into an impact NFL receiver, and could hear his name called in the second round.
    Robert Meachem WR 6'3 210 Tennessee Jr.

Meachem was a big time recruit in 2003 that injured his knee and redshirted his first season in Knoxville. His first season on the field in 2004 showed his big play ability. He caught 35 passes for 459 yards and four touchdowns. His numbers were similar as a sophomore, where he caught 29 balls for 388 yards and two touchdowns. Meachem broke out as a junior, finally living up to the hype he had coming to Tennessee. He was named to various All American teams after hauling in 71 passes for 1,298 yards and 11 touchdowns.
    Robert Meachem is the total package at wide receiver. He has an excellent frame. He is tall, but has a solid build and the strength to overpower corners. He has shown the ability to be an intermediate and red zone threat with his combination of size, strength, and athleticism. What makes him stand out though is his ability to move and make plays with the ball in his hands. Meachem has very good speed, and has the quickness to change direction and make defenders miss.
    Meachem has had only one year where he did what was expected. He’s had issues dropping passes in the past, and has had problems believing in his own ability. He appeared to mature as a junior, and the result was an excellent season. He still will need to show that he’s ready to work and can sustain his confidence at the next level.
    This is turning out to be a very deep draft for wide receivers, and Meachem is a part of that. With his combination of talent, he could be taken anywhere in the draft. It may be tough to overtake guys like Dwayne Jarrett and Calvin Johnson, but once workouts come around, do not be surprised to see Meachem land somewhere in the first round.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425