Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Do we really need a QB? What QB's are up for Free Agency?

This team must improve quarterback play...plain and simple.
    I am not, nor do I believe Chilly is, convinced that a Bollinger and TJack "competition" is the best answer for the Vikes going into 2007.
    We simply need better options than an unproven 2nd Rounder (albeit, with a great Division 1-AA college career) and an also-ran.
    gr8vike nailed it...in my view.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

We are not heavily invested in the QB position and simply MUST have a better answer than what we have now.
    I find it quite interesting that many people have taken the position that "we are all set" or, "we are in good shape" with an unproven second round draft pick with a couple of good years in Division 1-AA and an also-ran backup.
    Whether TJack can eventually be good is debatable, and, for the record, I am cautiously optimistic...
    We have a deficiency at WR and TE, less than stellar QB play is a recipe for a 5 or 6 win season.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    We are not heavily invested in the QB position and simply MUST have a better answer than what we have now.
    I find it quite interesting that many people have taken the position that "we are all set" or, "we are in good shape" with an unproven second round draft pick with a couple of good years in Division 1-AA and an also-ran backup.
    Whether TJack can eventually be good is debatable, and, for the record, I am cautiously optimistic...
    We have a deficiency at WR and TE, less than stellar QB play is a recipe for a 5 or 6 win season.
    I don't think anyone believes that the Vikings are "all set" at QB.
    The reality is that the market for QBs rarely allows top-flight QBs to move, so the other options are trades (which become expensive with draft-choice swaps) or developing your own talent.

The time has clearly come to give TJack a full off-season of teaching and conditioning to prepare him to take the reigns next season and see if he has what it takes to succeed.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    The reality is that the market for QBs rarely allows top-flight QBs to move, so the other options are trades (which become expensive with draft-choice swaps) or developing your own talent.

The time has clearly come to give TJack a full off-season of teaching and conditioning to prepare him to take the reigns next season and see if he has what it takes to succeed.

=Z=
    It's not clear to me, what is clear to me is that he needs more time to develop....based on what I saw the end of last season.
    I'm all for bringing in a veteran that is circling the drain and buying more time.
    Reality is probably that Bollinger will start and TJack will come in at some point in the season when Bollinger inevitably sucks it up.
    Bollinger will most likely beat TJack out of the starting role in camp though.
    All indicators show that TJack is not ready to take the reigns.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's not clear to me, what is clear to me is that he needs more time to develop....based on what I saw the end of last season.
    I'm all for bringing in a veteran that is circling the drain and buying more time.
    Reality is probably that Bollinger will start and TJack will come in at some point in the season when Bollinger inevitably sucks it up.
    Chilli knows that he's got 3 seasons, tops, to show some real progress with the team.
    I think he sucks it up and starts TJack from the get-go, since he knows that Bollinger cannot possibly the long-term solution.

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Chilli knows that he's got 3 seasons, tops, to show some real progress with the team.
    I think he sucks it up and starts TJack from the get-go, since he knows that Bollinger cannot possibly the long-term solution.

=Z=
    Chilly is not as far off as the Chicken Littles like to believe.
    The best man on the roster will start and, as much as I despise Bollinger, I think he will relatively easily beat out TJack in camp for the starting bid.
    Bollinger will also be a bonehead sooner or later and TJack will have to be tossed into the mix.
    I'm hoping TJack puts his development into overdrive this offseason so we can see if he has what it takes.

I am in no way comfortable with our current QB situation.
    I'm not in panic mode either.
    The team, in the second year in the system should result in more refining rather than flat-out learning.

TJack will be the starter before the end of the season it appears, I just doubt he will be deemed the starter for game 1 at this point.
    I hope I'm wrong in the sense that he is actually as ready as he can be and not just starting because he's our only option that is palatable.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:

=Z=
    I have a feeling you are right I think Bollinger is his man.

i really don't like bollinger...he looks scared every time he takes the field.
    hes a deer in the headlights on every play.
    I think that if we are going to go with one or the other, i think it should be t-jack....his stats were horrible in his two games, but lets just give him a break.
    your first start in lambeau field on the road with major playoff implications, not easy...combine that with bad reciever play and sub par playcalling....he took what he was given and wasn't that bad in my humble opinion
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

"PurpleCanuck" wrote:
    I think that if we are going to go with one or the other, i think it should be t-jack....his stats were horrible in his two games, but lets just give him a break.
    your first start in lambeau field on the road with major playoff implications, not easy...combine that with bad reciever play and sub par playcalling....he took what he was given and wasn't that bad in my humble opinion
    GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec
    12/21 @GB L 7-9 Yes 20 10 50.0 50 0 1 35.4 3 23 5 23 4.6 13 0 1 1
    12/31 STL L 21-41 Yes 34 20 58.8 213 1 2 62.5 4 14 7 34 4.9 8 1 2 0

That's pretty bad, IMHO.
    I was at the St. Louis game.
    It was over the moment he tossed his first pass for a TD pick.

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"PurpleCanuck" wrote:
    I think it will come down to training camp obviously, but I didn't see anything from T-Jack to suggest he is any better suited for the job then bollinger, and I believe had he not gotten hurt Bollinger would have finished the season and he was playing OK. The only thing T-Jack has going for him is the WHAT IF factor, that and the hopes from many fans that he will actually ammount to resemble a good starting QB in the NFL.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast