Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98
  1. #21
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,



    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.
    He has an amazing pre-season, and two hard starts and if the guy who drafted him thinks he can be the QB he is a fool?

    But he isn't a fool if he thinks a rookie strait out of ND is going to be able to come into his ultra complicated kick jiggly butt offense of doom and lead us out of the bottom?
    ???
    The ND guy was groomed by Charlie Weiss.
    That's significant.

    If you owned Del's Rocket Science Corporation, which collegiate grad would you hire: one trained in a Community College (i.e. Div II school), or one graduating from a top school and Darwin or Einstein as professors from which he learned?
    Which would be ready to contribute sooner, and be a better Rocket Scientist in the long run?
    Maybe, maybe not.

    Luckily for me I am smart so I wouldn't follow the lemmings off the bridge I would see who was the best for my job and hire that person. I wouldn't buy into labels. Work experience is of more value in todays age then ever if I could see the Community grad fit what I needed and had experience I'd have no problems training him.

    It seems so simple yet it is common fallacy.

    There are Steve Mcnairs in the world that blow your logic out of the water.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  2. #22
    patistheman's Avatar
    patistheman is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    231

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    This will probably piss alot of you off, especially the ones that like Quinn.
    I was gonna post this last week when I heard it but decided against it.
    I heard this on the Hot List on ESPNEWS so there is no link.

    Last week Michael Smith was on speaking about the QBs in the draft.
    He said that Russel is hands down the best QB available.
    Here is the part that I found very interesting, he said that the only differece between Quinn and the other QBs in the draft is that he played in the spotlight at ND, other than that no difference at all.

    I never really thought like that, I think Quinn has an advantage because he would understand NFL offenses a little better since he has played under Weiss in an NFL style offense.

    This is just one opinion of a so called exper, I really don't know what its worth to most of you, but you all bring up the good things that the draft experts say about Quinn so I thought I would add this one.

  3. #23
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    everyone thinks after 2 games the jury is out on Tarvaris, we should not draft quinn there is more needs.. as del said,

    He even refered to him as clay that had all the intangebles.

    So if he has time, why waste a #7 pick on another lump of clay when he already self admitedly has something to work with? He has the time to do it.

    The notion that he is a fool for thinking Tarvaris can succeed is ridiculous. If that is the case why in the fook did he draft him?

    Thanks josdin00

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    Since both grads are relatively green, I'd opt for the one with the greatest potential, despite the fact that you can find gems anywhere.
    The odds of getting the gem rise with the level of past experience and success.
    I like to make the safer bet when given the option.
    Are ya feelin lucky, Del Rio?
    Well, are ya?
    ;D




    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  5. #25
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,



    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.
    He has an amazing pre-season, and two hard starts and if the guy who drafted him thinks he can be the QB he is a fool?

    But he isn't a fool if he thinks a rookie strait out of ND is going to be able to come into his ultra complicated kick ass offense of doom and lead us out of the bottom?
    ???
    I disagree with what you're saying there Del.

    His preseason was not THAT impressive. He had a good preseason, but I remember even you pointing out that Brad outplayed him in the preseason, and we all saw how his season went. IMO, you can't judge a quarterback on some good performances in preaseason starts when he only played against guys that didn't even make NFL rosters. Even Jason Carter looked like a Pro Bowler in the preseason and he barely made it off the practice squad before the end of the year.

    Also, Quinn has spent the last 4 years under Charlie Weis running a complicated, pro style offense (although I don't know if it's characterized as 'kick ass' or not).

    If Tarvaris wouldn't have started the last two games of the year, then I would probably be saying don't draft a quaterback! Tarvaris is the future! But after watching him flounder in two games, I just don't see how anyone can say that he is going to lead us to a good record next year. IMO, Quinn can't be any worse, and at least we haven't SEEN him suck it up in the pros yet.
    Yes I did say Brad did as good as him which I would expect him to do seeing he is a Super Bowl Vetran QB, guess what he would do as good as Quinn as well.

    I just find it totally ignorant that you would label Childress a fool for seeing potential in his draft pick and you are basing this off of two starts the first being on the road in GB IN THE FUCKING SNOW.....where it is hard for anyone to play. The next being in a game with rookies and reserves playing for experience.

    It is out of this world.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  6. #26
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    I'd rather have a great backup with a franchise QB!!! :-X

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "patistheman" wrote:
    This will probably piss alot of you off, especially the ones that like Quinn.
    I was gonna post this last week when I heard it but decided against it.
    I heard this on the Hot List on ESPNEWS so there is no link.

    Last week Michael Smith was on speaking about the QBs in the draft.
    He said that Russel is hands down the best QB available.
    Here is the part that I found very interesting, he said that the only differece between Quinn and the other QBs in the draft is that he played in the spotlight at ND, other than that no difference at all.

    I never really thought like that, I think Quinn has an advantage because he would understand NFL offenses a little better since he has played under Weiss in an NFL style offense.

    This is just one opinion of a so called exper, I really don't know what its worth to most of you, but you all bring up the good things that the draft experts say about Quinn so I thought I would add this one.
    First of all, never hesitate to bring out a point.
    Somebody will agree, some won't.
    Big deal.
    Bring it out anyway.

    Second. Was that on Around the Horn or the interview he did about the draft?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Nephilim" wrote:
    I'd rather have a great backup with a franchise QB!!! :-X
    o i hope your kidneys get munched on.. :P

    Thanks josdin00

  9. #29
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Since both grads are relatively green, I'd opt for the one with the greatest potential, despite the fact that you can find gems anywhere.
    The odds of getting the gem rise with the level of past experience and success.
    I like to make the safer bet when given the option.
    Are ya feelin lucky, Del Rio?
    Well, are ya?

    ;D




    There are no safe bets in the draft and the fact that you think there are already exposed your man love for Quinn.

    I will take a bet
    ;D

    I will say that if Quinn is available we pass on him. Balsy bet on my part seeing as no one can say what the beady eyes control freak has up his chicken armed sleaves, but I would be willing to wager a friendly humiliating bet on that for the good of the clan.
    ;D
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  10. #30
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    I'd rather have a great backup with a franchise QB!!! :-X
    o i hope your kidneys get munched on.. :P
    LOL thanks alot TBO lol...I just seen Brady, I know what he can do lol

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Marrdro.... this man has a point.
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 08:02 PM
  2. He does have a point.
    By RK. in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 09:24 AM
  3. Just wanted to point out...
    By The Dropper in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 03:24 PM
  4. Point proven again
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
  5. Possitive Point
    By Del Rio in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 10:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •