Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98
  1. #11
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    nice timeline there.
    i think the best move for us is to take him at #7 or trade with someone willing to pay alot for him at #7
    We're bringing purple back.

  2. #12
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    I agree with Del, I don't believe they are that high on Quinn.
    That is not saying Quinn won't workout it just seems Jackson has a higher ceiling.


    The quarterback that Brad would love to have in my opinion is Russell.
    He is the one that they would draft if he dropped.
    Recently their was a interview with Brad talking about Russell's arm strength and the size of his hands.
    Saying how helpful having hands that big would be playing in a division like the NFC North.
    He seemed really high on him.

  3. #13
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    i dont wannttt quinnn. pleassee noooooo, I just think there is more we need with that pick.

    Thanks josdin00

  4. #14
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,


    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.

  5. #15
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    All mock drafts do, but we have more pressing needs than QB, and a couple different routes we can go at that position anyway.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  6. #16
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,



    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.
    He has an amazing pre-season, and two hard starts and if the guy who drafted him thinks he can be the QB he is a fool?

    But he isn't a fool if he thinks a rookie strait out of ND is going to be able to come into his ultra complicated kick ass offense of doom and lead us out of the bottom?
    ???
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Del" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,



    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.
    He has an amazing pre-season, and two hard starts and if the guy who drafted him thinks he can be the QB he is a fool?

    But he isn't a fool if he thinks a rookie strait out of ND is going to be able to come into his ultra complicated kick jiggly butt offense of doom and lead us out of the bottom?
    ???
    Del, I normally agree with you but here I have to go off on a tangent.


    Again, it is based on my interpretation of what has been said by the owner over the last couple of weeks.
    B-chill seems to have his support for the long run as they build for the future.
    My point here is that he isn't under pressure from the owner to produce in 2007.
    But rather, I think 2008, 2009 and beyond.

    If you follow Ltrey's rationale, he (B-chill) might be thinking to himself (speculation on my part of course).......
    Lets go ahead and take Quinn at 7.
    I will talk to TJ (he already did that at the combine) and let him know if Quinn falls to us at 7 and we take him, you (TJ) will be on a level playing field (competition wise) with Quinn, Brooksie and Drew.

    Whoever does the best wins.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Del" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,



    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.
    He has an amazing pre-season, and two hard starts and if the guy who drafted him thinks he can be the QB he is a fool?

    But he isn't a fool if he thinks a rookie strait out of ND is going to be able to come into his ultra complicated kick jiggly butt offense of doom and lead us out of the bottom?
    ???
    The ND guy was groomed by Charlie Weiss.
    That's significant.

    If you owned Del's Rocket Science Corporation, which collegiate grad would you hire: one trained in a Community College (i.e. Div II school), or one graduating from a top school and Darwin or Einstein as professors from which he learned?
    Which would be ready to contribute sooner, and be a better Rocket Scientist in the long run?
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  9. #19
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Del" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,


    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.
    He has an amazing pre-season, and two hard starts and if the guy who drafted him thinks he can be the QB he is a fool?

    But he isn't a fool if he thinks a rookie strait out of ND is going to be able to come into his ultra complicated kick ass offense of doom and lead us out of the bottom?
    ???
    I disagree with what you're saying there Del.

    His preseason was not THAT impressive. He had a good preseason, but I remember even you pointing out that Brad outplayed him in the preseason, and we all saw how his season went. IMO, you can't judge a quarterback on some good performances in preaseason starts when he only played against guys that didn't even make NFL rosters. Even Jason Carter looked like a Pro Bowler in the preseason and he barely made it off the practice squad before the end of the year.

    Also, Quinn has spent the last 4 years under Charlie Weis running a complicated, pro style offense (although I don't know if it's characterized as 'kick ass' or not).

    If Tarvaris wouldn't have started the last two games of the year, then I would probably be saying don't draft a quaterback! Tarvaris is the future! But after watching him flounder in two games, I just don't see how anyone can say that he is going to lead us to a good record next year. IMO, Quinn can't be any worse, and at least we haven't SEEN him suck it up in the pros yet.

  10. #20
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Do All Signs Point to Quinn?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Ltrey,



    As always a great post.
    Very interesting.
    I would however, say that this should read

    April 29, 2006: The Vikings select Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop
    April 29, 2006: Because the price was to high to move up to get Cutler and the Jets used the 49th pick that they recieved from Dallas to pick Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon the Vikings select thier third choice at QB Tarvaris Jackson as their potential "future" quarterback. Jackson is expected to sit behind Brad Johnson for 2-3 years to develop

    Very true!

    I think that a lot of this points towards Quinn because I have a hard time believing that Childress is hitching his wagon to Tarvaris. Like you pointed out, TJ was not his first choice in last year's draft and he proved at the end of the season that he's not ready to be our starter. He was never expected to be!

    Childress hasn't gone after anyone else and I really doubt he thinks Tarvaris/Brooks can lead this team out of the bottom of the NFC North. If he does, then he's a fool.
    He has an amazing pre-season, and two hard starts and if the guy who drafted him thinks he can be the QB he is a fool?

    But he isn't a fool if he thinks a rookie strait out of ND is going to be able to come into his ultra complicated kick jiggly butt offense of doom and lead us out of the bottom?
    ???
    Del, I normally agree with you but here I have to go off on a tangent.


    Again, it is based on my interpretation of what has been said by the owner over the last couple of weeks.
    B-chill seems to have his support for the long run as they build for the future.
    My point here is that he isn't under pressure from the owner to produce in 2007.
    But rather, I think 2008, 2009 and beyond.

    If you follow Ltrey's rationale, he (B-chill) might be thinking to himself (speculation on my part of course).......
    Lets go ahead and take Quinn at 7.
    I will talk to TJ (he already did that at the combine) and let him know if Quinn falls to us at 7 and we take him, you (TJ) will be on a level playing field (competition wise) with Quinn, Brooksie and Drew.

    Whoever does the best wins.
    I am coming from the same angle I assume that Childress is going to be here for a while. I also assume he believes he can teach any QB to be a great QB as long as they posess what he thinks a good QB should have, which Tarvaris does as admitted by Childress.

    He even refered to him as clay that had all the intangebles.

    So if he has time, why waste a #7 pick on another lump of clay when he already self admitedly has something to work with? He has the time to do it.

    The notion that he is a fool for thinking Tarvaris can succeed is ridiculous. If that is the case why in the fook did he draft him?
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Marrdro.... this man has a point.
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 08:02 PM
  2. He does have a point.
    By RK. in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 09:24 AM
  3. Just wanted to point out...
    By The Dropper in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 03:24 PM
  4. Point proven again
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
  5. Possitive Point
    By Del Rio in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 10:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •