Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Did We Get Anything We Wanted This Off Season??

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    I Mean Did We? We Got A 4th String WR who will play 2nd for us. A 4th String LB who will Play 2nd For us An a 3rd String TE Who wll Play as Our 1st Good Job Wilfy!! 3 Of my friends who where die hard vikes fans for 8 years switched to the pats!!! ur scaring away the people!!! Diddnt they say they needed to bring in big names in other to get the staduim??? well ur doing a hell of a job Wilfy!!! Worst than the Penny Pincher McCombs At Least He wouldve Done Something!!!Lets Face We Went From Lookin like Carmen Electra To Freaking Rosie O Donnell!!!
    Don't sound like a die hard fan to me
    :

Big names bring in fans like that.
    Winning games also bring in fans.

Die hard fans stick with the team when times are tough.

Every time a fan that follows players rather than the team switches alliance from the Vikings it is a good thing.
    We are all better off if they change allegiances and never come back.
    Ever.
    im glad they arnt fans anymore i dont know how they could call themselves fans.. its not about the big names you bring in its the players you bring in that fit the system.

Thanks josdin00

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SageVike" wrote:
    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/adamschein/2007/03/08/More_headscratchers_in_Minnesota

Rick Spielman Trys so hard to find diamonds in the ruff!! He GETS 7 MILLION IN GUARNTEES!!! BOBBY WADE THAT BUM!!!

Geez, we have the NFL's top drop pass WR's tandem in Williamson and Wade!!!!
    Might want to check your facts there buddy.
    The leading WR tandem in drops would be Williamson and T.O. (In case you're curious, T.O. led the NFL with 17 drops last season.
    TWill had 11.). Maybe you would rather have T.O. since that worked out so well for Childress last time... :

Wade doesn't have issues with dropped passed.
    He had some issue with fumbles on kick and punt returns. If you are going to make a lame attempt to rip on him, at least make the effort to get your facts straight.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I thought for sure this thread would be in Hell by now...
    -Sno

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"SageVike" wrote:
    I Mean Did We? We Got A 4th String WR who will play 2nd for us. A 4th String LB who will Play 2nd For us An a 3rd String TE Who wll Play as Our 1st Good Job Wilfy!! 3 Of my friends who where die hard vikes fans for 8 years switched to the pats!!! ur scaring away the people!!! Diddnt they say they needed to bring in big names in other to get the staduim??? well ur doing a hell of a job Wilfy!!! Worst than the Penny Pincher McCombs At Least He wouldve Done Something!!!Lets Face We Went From Lookin like Carmen Electra To Freaking Rosie O Donnell!!!
    If your friends jump ship that fast they weren't die hard Viking fans, so who needs them?

The 2nd string LB you are referring to is a special teams demon and that is the reason they got him.

The TE was the backup for Shockey who is getting a butt load of money even if this guy was just as good as Shockey who would have played?
    So you have know idea how good or bad he is and he could be a steal for what we got him at you don't know!

2 years ago The Vikes traded Randy signed Sharper, Fred Smoot, Pat Williams.

Last year they traded Daunte signed Hutchinson, Ben Leber, Chester Taylor, Tank Williams, Dwight Davis, Ryan Longwell.

Oh my god the Viking's never do anything in free agency!

Lets see they resigned McKinney, Kevin Williams and E.J Henderson to about 130 million in contracts in the last month of the season, last offseason they signed contracts for another 120 million.

There isn't much in free agency it is the worst group of players in the last 10 years and I don't think the Vikes should be over spending for this poor talent.

Look how many free agents the Vikings have signed since 2004, and what has that got us?

Have we won the Superbowl?

Have we won the NFC Championship?

Have we won the division?

NO, NO and NO!

The Redskins and the Raiders have spent money in free agency for years have either of those teams won a Superbowl in the last 3 years?
    NO!

2006 Viking FA signing

Chester Taylor
    Steve Hutchinson
    Ben Leber
    Dwight Smith
    Tank Johnson
    Ryan Longwell
    Tony Richardson
    Jason Whittle

2005 FA

Fred Smoot
    Darren Sharper
    Travis Taylor
    Pat Williams
    koren Robinson

(after season started)

2004 FA

Jeramine Wiggins
    Antoine Winfield
    Mike Rosenthal
    Marcus Robinson

There was some expensive free agent signing in those groups and are we better off for it?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    If your friends jump ship that fast they weren't die hard Viking fans, so who needs them?

The 2nd string LB you are referring to is a special teams demon and that is the reason they got him.

The TE was the backup for Shockey who is getting a butt load of money even if this guy was just as good as Shockey who would have played?
    So you have now idea how good or bad he is and he could be a steal for what we got him at you don't know!

Last year they traded Daunte signed Hutchinson, Ben Leber, Chester Taylor, Tank Williams, Dwight Davis, Ryan Longwell.

Lets see they resigned McKinney, Kevin Williams and E.J Henderson to about 130 million in contracts in the last month of the season, last offseason they signed contracts for another 120 million.

There isn't much in free agency it is the worst group of players in the last 10 years and I don't think the Vikes should be over spending for this poor talent.

Look how many free agents the Vikings have signed since 2004, and what has that got us?

NO, NO and NO!

The Redskins and the Raiders have spent money in free agency for years have either of those teams won a Superbowl in the last 3 years?
    NO!

2006 Viking FA signing

Chester Taylor
    Steve Hutchinson
    Ben Leber
    Dwight Smith
    Tank Johnson
    Ryan Longwell
    Tony Richardson
    Jason Whittle

2005 FA

Fred Smoot
    Darren Sharper
    Travis Taylor
    Pat Williams
    koren Robinson

(after season started)

2004 FA

Jeramine Wiggins
    Antoine Winfield
    Mike Rosenthal
    Marcus Robinson

There was some expensive free agent signing in those groups and are we better off for it?
    Post of the day Whack. Great job.

Why would someone ask this question in March? Has the off season ended early?
    The majority of off season moves are yet to come. Say again; the majority of off season moves are yet to come.
    It doesn't require a blind leap of faith to remain a fan. Just a little impulse control evidently.
    As Whack pointed out, good moves have been made to aquire and keep quality players last year.
    If a person is going to criticize the free agents aquired so far. they should
    know a little about them first.
    To say a fourth string linebacker is a bad aquisition shows ignorance. The guy was aquired because he was first or second in special teams tackles the last 2 years.
    That is a critical aquisition for a team with one of the worst special teams coverage units in the league.Special teams coverage helps or hurts the defense, and plays a big role.
    That was an excellent move made in free agency, THIS YEAR!

This years draft class is a good one for the Vikings in terms of needs.
    The WR position is the strongest in the draft if you grade by position. We may not get CJ but will likely get a very good WR anyway.
    The draft is also strong for DE; another need.

This off season can't be judged until after this season is over at the earliest.
    Things will likely look a lot different when the season starts.
    To judge at this point in time is ludicrous.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:

So you have now idea how good or bad he is and he could be a steal for what we got him at you don't know!

NO, NO and NO!

NO!

2006 Viking FA signing

Chester Taylor
    Steve Hutchinson
    Ben Leber
    Dwight Smith
    Tank Johnson
    Ryan Longwell
    Tony Richardson
    Jason Whittle

2005 FA

Fred Smoot
    Darren Sharper
    Travis Taylor
    Pat Williams
    koren Robinson

(after season started)

2004 FA

Jeramine Wiggins
    Antoine Winfield
    Mike Rosenthal
    Marcus Robinson

Post of the day Whack. Great job.

Why would someone ask this question in March? Has the off season ended early?
    The majority of off season moves are yet to come. Say again; the majority of off season moves are yet to come.
    It doesn't require a blind leap of faith to remain a fan. Just a little impulse control evidently.
    As Whack pointed out, good moves have been made to aquire and keep quality players last year.
    If a person is going to criticize the free agents aquired so far. they should
    know a little about them first.
    To say a fourth string linebacker is a bad aquisition shows ignorance. The guy was aquired because he was first or second in special teams tackles the last 2 years.
    That is a critical aquisition for a team with one of the worst special teams coverage units in the league.Special teams coverage helps or hurts the defense, and plays a big role.
    That was an excellent move made in free agency, THIS YEAR!

This years draft class is a good one for the Vikings in terms of needs.
    The WR position is the strongest in the draft if you grade by position. We may not get CJ but will likely get a very good WR anyway.
    The draft is also strong for DE; another need.

This off season can't be judged until after this season is over at the earliest.
    Things will likely look a lot different when the season starts.
    To judge at this point in time is ludicrous.
    You two must desist........
    ;D

Logic and truth has no place here in PPO.
    Do you really think he will read your posts, way to log for retention even though both are chocked full of good stuff?
    :

We will see this same comment out of him again in another thread.
    Wanna bet?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/16913532.htm

Curtis' agent, Bruce Tollner, said the Vikings made the decision a difficult one.

"They were first-class in their effort to sign him," Tollner said. "They put forth a great effort and really finished in the top couple. Whether it was the top two or three, they were really in the mix."
    For all those nay sayers who said we only made a half hearted attempt at signing Curtis...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Curtis' agent, Bruce Tollner, said the Vikings made the decision a difficult one.

"They were first-class in their effort to sign him," Tollner said. "They put forth a great effort and really finished in the top couple. Whether it was the top two or three, they were really in the mix."
    For all those nay sayers who said we only made a half hearted attempt at signing Curtis...
    They will automatically tune this out somehow.
    Won't change a thing NP.

Re-read some of my posts today.
    Seems I might be in a bad mood.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Won't change a thing NP.

;D
    These are the kind of quotes that you have to stash away.
    It's like the play calling issue.
    You can shoot it down with actual play-by-play stuff from nfl.com and the same morons will use the argument over and over and over again.
    I'm relieved to see a lot of posters coming out of the woodwork and trying to put some logic into many of the illogical posts.
    There was a few months where the idiots took over the boards and it is nice to see some sense of rational thought processes returning.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Won't change a thing NP.

;D
    It's Friday.
    All the naysayers are at their weekly Doomsayers club meeting.
    They will not be on till later when this post is buried and neglect to read it.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast