Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Did We Get Anything We Wanted This Off Season??

Who's turn is it to hand out the Cluepons?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I was trying not to use them all up, but I'll toss one in for the good of the board.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Thank you Prophet.
    I knew I could count on you.

Did we get anything we wanted this offseason?

No, we got a negative, repetitive, disgruntled, nuisance poster.

But the Vikings did much better than we did in their offseason, although it is far from concluded.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"SageVike" wrote:
    The NFL's Cowboys suspected that the USFL was not going to last. They acquired Walker's NFL rights by selecting him in the fifth round of the 1985 draft. When the USFL in fact succumbed after its technically successful, but financially fruitless antitrust suit against the NFL in 1986, Walker went to play for the Cowboys, eventually establishing himself as a premier NFL running back with two consecutive Pro-Bowl seasons (1987,1988). In 1989, at the height of his NFL career, the Cowboys traded his rights to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a total of five players (LB Jesse Solomon, DB Issiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, DE Alex Stewart) and six draft picks (which led to Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, and Darren Woodson). This was judged to be one of the seminal events in the return of the Cowboys to the top echelon of the NFL and the trade would ultimately overshadow Walker's NFL career achievements.

Lets do it again For Carson Palmer an Calvin Johnson

Lmao are you serious? Gtfo with all that non sense. Lets give up our whole team and 5 years of first rounders for two players.

Go buy a pats jersey.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"SageVike" wrote:
    I Mean Did We? We Got A 4th String WR who will play 2nd for us. A 4th String LB who will Play 2nd For us An a 3rd String TE Who wll Play as Our 1st Good Job Wilfy!! 3 Of my friends who where die hard vikes fans for 8 years switched to the pats!!! ur scaring away the people!!! Diddnt they say they needed to bring in big names in other to get the staduim??? well ur doing a hell of a job Wilfy!!! Worst than the Penny Pincher McCombs At Least He wouldve Done Something!!!Lets Face We Went From Lookin like Carmen Electra To Freaking Rosie O Donnell!!!
    okay heres the deal..u are another of these completely clueless ppl that just dont have the sense to get mad at the proper thing..we NEEDED a special teams tackling machine, and we got one in Ciurciu..we NEEDED a kick returner that has good hands and can also play receiver, and we got one..we NEEDED a young, blocking/pass catching TE, and we got one..they arent high profile, but they play the roles theyre being brought here to do very well..these were all great signings

its not the signings we have made, its the signings we havent made..get a clue
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

You know what im glad we didn't waste money on this horrible FA class. This is one of the lamest FAs ive seen. Frickin' Kevin Curtis a #3 reciever as good stats as Bobby Wade but bobby had who Volek. A rookie Vince Young. Curtis had the under rated pro bowler Marc Bulger at QB. There is no Drew Brees this year or anyone THAT great. Greatest reciever was a number two who might be suspended for the entire next season. Best QB is like 2 years from retirement. Its lame. It wasn't good so why waste 32 million dollars 9.5 of which guarenteed on a #3 reciever (yes I was in favor of this guy but thats because he was best available and it wasbefore i saw his contract. Dang). Desperation is all I can think of. Desperate to get something to improve our team. I still have a small amount of faith in Childress and hope he doesn't crush that. A little left for the off season/ draft and a little left for next year season. If we don't improve. Kick him to the curb. Nail him to a cross. What ever you do to guys like him.

"Some times the best move you can make is not making one."- Some guy who was probably a wuss but in this situation makes since.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"SageVike" wrote:
    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/adamschein/2007/03/08/More_headscratchers_in_Minnesota

Rick Spielman Trys so hard to find diamonds in the ruff!! He GETS 7 MILLION IN GUARNTEES!!! BOBBY WADE THAT BUM!!!

Geez, we have the NFL's top drop pass WR's tandem in Williamson and Wade!!!!
    Please don't talk about Bobby Wade that way.
    He does not criticize your need to Capitalize The First Letters Of Random Strings Of Words.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"SageVike" wrote:
    I Mean Did We? We Got A 4th String WR who will play 2nd for us. A 4th String LB who will Play 2nd For us An a 3rd String TE Who wll Play as Our 1st Good Job Wilfy!! 3 Of my friends who where die hard vikes fans for 8 years switched to the pats!!! ur scaring away the people!!! Diddnt they say they needed to bring in big names in other to get the staduim??? well ur doing a hell of a job Wilfy!!! Worst than the Penny Pincher McCombs At Least He wouldve Done Something!!!Lets Face We Went From Lookin like Carmen Electra To Freaking Rosie O Donnell!!!
    Don't sound like a die hard fan to me
    :

Big names bring in fans like that.
    Winning games also bring in fans.

Die hard fans stick with the team when times are tough.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    Don't sound like a die hard fan to me
    :

Big names bring in fans like that.
    Winning games also bring in fans.

Die hard fans stick with the team when times are tough.

Every time a fan that follows players rather than the team switches alliance from the Vikings it is a good thing.
    We are all better off if they change allegiances and never come back.
    Ever.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast