Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

"Del" wrote:
    I think if the guy will make your team better and fit into what you want to do you draft him. It doesn't matter where the talking heads project him or what his worth is.

The goal is to improve your team, so you focus on that. Mel Kipper tells me I can't draft him that high because he is projected lower I might just shoot a creamy one up his nose.
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread but this is the same thing I said in the Ted Ginn Jr thread that everybody ripped my head off for.
    ;D

Anyway, there seems to be several WRs in the draft that can help the Vikings.
    Let's just hope they choose the correct one.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"magicci" wrote:
    if he falls to the second round lets get him. but if hes gone by our pick then and steve smith is still around lets grab him.
    Good catch and point.
    Forgot him in my earlier post.
    Thanks. ;D

Again, just drives home the point that we can use the 7 for BPA and focus on WR with our second/third/fourth whatever and still add quality.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"Del" wrote:
    I think if the guy will make your team better and fit into what you want to do you draft him. It doesn't matter where the talking heads project him or what his worth is.

The goal is to improve your team, so you focus on that. Mel Kipper tells me I can't draft him that high because he is projected lower I might just shoot a creamy one up his nose.
    Plus according to Brad and Rick they feel there are 5 blue collar guys in the top of the draft and then from our selection down to 20 there isn't a lot of separation talent wise between the players.
    So it is definitely going to come down to personal preference.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Freakout" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Plus according to Brad and Rick they feel there are 5 blue collar guys in the top of the draft and then from our selection down to 20 there isn't a lot of separation talent wise between the players.
    Yeah i agree.
    its all about making your team better. I think if one of those 5 blue collar guys falls to us we will take them but if not we will take the best player available at the most needed position(wr).
    last year brad showed that he will tak a guy early(tjack) if he thinks the guy will make the team better. I don't think he is looking too hard at everyone elses mock drafts but forming his own opinions. I think this is the best strategy and will work well.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Yeah i agree.
    its all about making your team better. I think if one of those 5 blue collar guys falls to us we will take them but if not we will take the best player available at the most needed position(wr).
    last year brad showed that he will tak a guy early(tjack) if he thinks the guy will make the team better. I don't think he is looking too hard at everyone elses mock drafts but forming his own opinions. I think this is the best strategy and will work well.
    When I think of people getting all hot and bothered over projections and over taking the best talent all I can think of is the Lions drafting a bunch of WR's

Draft what you need.

If everything was decided by the "professionals" aka talking heads, then why do coaches bring players in the work out and visit? Maybe it is to see if they can do certain things that they look for in their particular system.

When people are talking professionals they are talking media people. You are not talking about the Vikings talent scouts. You are talking about members of the media putting everything in a nice little list so you can see who is supposed to go where....projections....give me a break.

If I needed a shovel I wouldn't buy a rake just because it was a super good deal and there was one left when I went to buy my shovel. I would buy a god damn shovel.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

So then trade down and pick up Sydney Rice later in the first round.
    He would be a better pick than Jarrett.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but this is the same thing I said in the Ted Ginn Jr thread that everybody ripped my head off for.

;D

There isn't a question about Jarret's hands and his ability to catch or his routes it is his speed that is a question.

Ginn is the opposite, his hands and route running that are in question and his speed is not, but the reason people are against taking him 7 is the similarities to Troy Williamson so it is not the same.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

;D

There isn't a question about Jarret's hands and his ability to catch or his routes it is his speed that is a question.

Ginn is the opposite, his hands and route running that are in question and his speed is not, but the reason people are against taking him 7 is the similarities to Troy Williamson so it is not the same.
    Again, I don't want to hijack this thread.
    I got in trouble for that yesterday but no one was able to step up and say Ginn had bad hands.
    The only that said anything was someone that stated he had trouble fielding punts.
    His pass catching ability has yet to be confirmed.
    Enough on Ginn unless we go back to that thread.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

;D

Again, I don't want to hijack this thread.
    I got in trouble for that yesterday but no one was able to step up and say Ginn had bad hands.
    The only that said anything was someone that stated he had trouble fielding punts.
    His pass catching ability has yet to be confirmed.
    Enough on Ginn unless we go back to that thread.

Ginn's sr college stats:

2004 25 359 14.4 2
    2005 51 803 15.7 4
    2006 59 781 13.2 10

Williamson college stats:

2002 17 491 28.9

2003 31 428 13.8

2004 43 835 19.4

Troy had more yards his last season in college than Ginn had.

This is why Ginn should not be chosen at 7.

4. Ted Ginn, OSU

Positives: World-class speed ... Tremendous athleticism and balance ... Capable of game-breaking plays as a receiver and kick-returner ... Explosiveness off the line, which allows him to avoid jams ... Given his smallish (5-11-plus, 178 pounds), shows surprising ability to take big hits and continue running.

Negatives: Too many dropped passes and muffed punts
    ... Lacks discipline in running routes ... Blocking
    ... Still rehabilitating a foot sprain suffered while celebrating a touchdown on the opening kickoff of the national championship game, and, therefore, unable to work out for NFL scouts.

I posted this info in the should we draft Ginn thread.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ChosenOne is offline Starter

The 40's were run on the grass field as opposed to previous pro-days at USC when they would run on the track.
    Several players were slipping throughout their run.

Jarrett was timed as fast as 4.58 by the Atlanta Falcons and as slow as 4.66-seconds by some scouts.

And thats from vikings.scout.com
    "Big names don't win big games, Big hearts win big games"--ChosenOne

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast