Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    203

    Dewayne Jarret!!

    Today is Jarret's proday and if he runs well he will be back in the top ten. He has the production to be a top ten pick. Hell he has better numbers than Calvin Johnson. I still think that Calvin is a better player but not by much. We will draft Jarret at number 7.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    "arialassault84" wrote:
    Today is Jarret's proday and if he runs well he will be back in the top ten. He has the production to be a top ten pick. Hell he has better numbers than Calvin Johnson. I still think that Calvin is a better player but not by much. We will draft Jarret at number 7.
    You talking about Dwayne Jarrett, analassault?


    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161084

    Sometimes spelling DOES count!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    He probably won't run well but i'm going to say now that he'll be the best receiver in the draft despite likely dropping to the 2nd round. Receivers who succeed in college are generally better in the pros more than receivers with potential but not great stats in my mind. This guy tore up college football last year and in his bowl game completely burned top cornerback prospect Leon Hall. I don't care how slow he is, he can flat out play and thats what matters.

  4. #4
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    I just don't see our front office doing this; nor, do I think they should.
    #7 pick should not be used to fill a need by picking someone 10-15 spots before they should be.
    Jarrett has questionable character and is not, IMHO, a player as good at his position as LaRon Landry, or Gaines Adams.
    That said, if he runs well, there will be much talk about him moving up...which was started here.
    Let's see, I'm not buying him at #7 though.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    I also like him, but sure don't think he is worth the number 7 pick.
    Take a look at some of the rankings other web sites have on him.

    First one, which I don't like, has him third after Ginn.

    http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com...-receivers.php

    http://www.draftclass.com/players/wide-receivers.php

    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/

    http://condraft.com/rankings/top-100/index.html

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    He probably won't run well but i'm going to say now that he'll be the best receiver in the draft despite likely dropping to the 2nd round. Receivers who succeed in college are generally better in the pros more than receivers with potential but not great stats in my mind. This guy tore up college football last year and in his bowl game completely burned top cornerback prospect Leon Hall. I don't care how slow he is, he can flat out play and thats what matters.
    Maybe it is because Leon Hall isn't as good as advertised!

    And if he is gonna drop to the second round, we can easily take him then...which would allow us to use our first rounder to get ANOTHER great player who will contribute as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    Because of the depth of WR's in this draft, I feel we should trade down.
    If we can find a team in the 15-20 range to trade with, we could still land either Ginn, Jarrett, Meachem, or Bowe, and possibly land another one, should one slip to the 2nd round.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    1. Run well?
    2. Catch well?
    3. Think/ adapt well?
    4. Behave well?
    5. Block well?

    I'll be pleased with 3 of 5 of the above, as long as 2. and 4. are 2 of those
    criteria.
    He could work on 2 or 3 of his weaknesses as a rookie.




    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    203

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "arialassault84" wrote:
    Today is Jarret's proday and if he runs well he will be back in the top ten. He has the production to be a top ten pick. Hell he has better numbers than Calvin Johnson. I still think that Calvin is a better player but not by much. We will draft Jarret at number 7.
    You talking about Dwayne Jarrett, analassault?


    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161084

    Sometimes spelling DOES count!
    I'm sorry Ms. Cajun. I wasn't aware my English teacher was monitoring this thread.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

  10. #10
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Dewayne Jarret!!

    He may drop to the second round and would be a steal but he may not fall that far, right after the college season he was concidered the 2nd best receiver in the draft and there was debate on who was better Calvin or Jarrett and it was 50 / 50 with most experts and for no reason he has dropped like a rock.

    I would take him and maybe he is slow but Jerry Rice was not that fast of a player and if he was coming out in the draft now he would be a mid round to late round pick.

    If speed was everything then Troy Williamson would be one of the best receivers in the NFL but he isn't, and Cris Carter was not a fast receiver and he is a hall of famer.


    If the Vikes can get him in the second round, outstanding!
    If they trade out of the 7th and drop way down and take him late 1st round I wouldn't mind that either.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Broncos continue pursuit of Dewayne Robertson
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
  2. Jets' Dewayne Robertson on block
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 01:02 PM
  3. Lions sign Dewayne White
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 08:51 PM
  4. Dwayne Jarret
    By rosellpe in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 06:42 AM
  5. Remember DeWayne?
    By PAvikesfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 04:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •