nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Destiny, Dynasty...or...Much Much Worse

I am a major Vikings fan since 1981...since I was 6 and could understand football and started playing a lil.

With all the offseason manuevers I am a believer that something big is going to happen. Reasons, we have great free agents. Another reason, we have 5 picks on the first day of the draft. This reminds me of the great Hershel Trade to the Cowboys that lifted them to Dynasty

Vote and post and tell me what you think are we moving ahead for a Dynasty, one SUper Bowl Victory or much worse in the franchises maneuvers.

Re: Destiny, Dynasty...or...Much Much Worse

I wouldn't go ahead and say anything about a dynasty yet. I would say that I think MOST of the offseason manuevers have been good ones, and I am really getting behind childress, wilf, and the triangle.

it's too soon for dynasty though because I still think we are at least 2 years away from a super bowl type team. We still need some key positions filled. Hopefully they will be filled through the draft, but you can't expect them to come straight out of college and be a HUGE factor.

Dyansty? Not yet
    Super Bowl? I will continue to hope
    PLayoffs? For sure
    Anything worse? NO WAY

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I like very much what is happening this year.. Yes, even the Culpepper trade. Pepp wasn't the right QB to lead this team to the SB. I will take BJ, a man that has already won the SB.. If we all remember correctly, when Tampa won the SB, they didn't have that great of a offense. We right now have alot better offense then they had at the time of their SB win. What got them there is that awesome defense.

If our defense can improve big time, and play lights out like those guys can, then there is no reason why we can't be SB contenders this next season. I am not saying that is what will happen, but we have to figure that we got younger speedier LB's this year, and we have Tank Williams taking over for Chavous, which in my opion is a big upgrade. The new cover 2 and also the WCO are 2 very player friendly systems. I think we will be very good next season, and many more after that..

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

We have done everything we can to ensure that we arre good for the next coupe years. The framework is in place. If Childress is good at coaching on-the-field (he better be!) we will live up to our potentila and be a perrennial playoff team.

When talikng about the Super Bowl, no one can accurately answer that question until a week before the game. I am happy enough with the fact that our team is going to have what it takes to compete with the big boys of the NFC.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Neph, I can see where the enthusiasm comes from. I can see that we have added some quality in FA. I can see us adding some quality in the draft. I can see where the 5 draft pick on the first day reminds you of the start of the cowboy dynasty, but I have to wait and see.

Until we play a down, we are in the same situation we are last year. We can speculate all we want and say we are going to kick ass, but it comes down to coaching and team work.

????????

All we have at this time is hope and 4-5 months to wait to witness the on field product!!!

I definitely am not worried about the much much worse part of your question.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Thanks snow for your post i appreciate it