Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Despite signings, Vikings still in Edwards race

@ClaytonESPN: Braylon Edwards is looking at about four teams, including Minn, Ariz and Tenn

Despite multiple reports of us being out of the race, AND other WR signings, we are still in the race! Although he did have another legal altercation tonight :S

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Despite signings, Vikings still in Edwards race

ESPN has had the worst "insider information" I've seen in a long time for the past few years. I take anything I hear from them with a grain of salt.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah right Adam Schefter is the man!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1102615
    Some of their guys are shaky, but there aren't anyone more on the inside than Adam Schefter and John Clayton (except Jay Glazer on some instances). I will believe anything I hear from those 3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1102615
    Forgot Schefter was ther, but ESPN has been jumping the gun and retracting more stories than they get right lately.

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1102603
    @ClaytonESPN: Braylon Edwards is looking at about four teams, including Minn, Ariz and Tenn

Despite multiple reports of us being out of the race, AND other WR signings, we are still in the race! Although he did have another legal altercation tonight :S
    I'd still like to see it. Just make sure his entourage only gets plastic utensils from now on.

Per the report, Edwards’ friends got into an argument with the employees. The dispute made its way into the kitchen, and one employee was “sliced with a knife.” The wound required 14 stitches to close. Another employee allegedly was attacked with a fork.
    from ProFootballTalk.com
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

Why not Malcom Floyd? Fast, great hands, younger, and according to recent reports (by Shefty), may be more affordable.
    His blog this morning on ESPN.com:

Q: Where are some possible landing spots for Malcom Floyd? Do you think he'll go back to the San Diego Chargers, or leave via free agency?

-- Nick (Kan.)

A: He's in a tough spot right now, Nick. The free-agent market dries up quick and it has done so at the wide receiver position. There still are some good receivers out there, including Floyd, but the big money isn't going to be coming his way. It might be wise for him to take a one-year deal and play it out again. I thought Floyd would generate more interest and dollars this offseason.

I don't think he'd bring any dining utensils either. Somebody put his U Tube highlights on here a couple days ago and he looked great.
    None

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Jarlvik" #1102654
    Why not Malcom Floyd? Fast, great hands, younger, and according to recent reports (by Shefty), may be more affordable.

Q: Where are some possible landing spots for Malcom Floyd? Do you think he'll go back to the San Diego Chargers, or leave via free agency?

-- Nick (Kan.)

A: He's in a tough spot right now, Nick. The free-agent market dries up quick and it has done so at the wide receiver position. There still are some good receivers out there, including Floyd, but the big money isn't going to be coming his way. It might be wise for him to take a one-year deal and play it out again. I thought Floyd would generate more interest and dollars this offseason.

I don't think he'd bring any dining utensils either. Somebody put his U Tube highlights on here a couple days ago and he looked great.
    He's not younger than Braylon. I think he is a step down as well. I'd like to have him, but I'd much rather make a run at Braylon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1102664
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jarlvik" #1102654

-- Nick (Kan.)

He's not younger than Braylon. I think he is a step down as well. I'd like to have him, but I'd much rather make a run at Braylon.
    Floyd is a #2 receiver. Edwards can be a #1. If he plays like he did last season, then I'd be extremely happy to get him. He seems to have worked out his dropping issue, lets see if he can repeat. I'll be quite unhappy if we make no further effort to sign him, but unfortunately, I see that being the case.

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

Both Edwards and Floyd were only #2's simply because they played behind more talented guys. Edwards/Holmes, Floyd/Jackson.

If Edwards has fixed his concentration lapses and would be affordable, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in (he is a better blocker too).
    Adding either would be better than hoping BB "bounces back".

Edwards is a year younger- my bad. He has 7 years in vs. only 6 for Floyd, so maybe wear and tear will be less?
    None

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast