Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter

DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

I was just wondering what everybody thought about DeSean Jackson. Miami made a huge mistake taking Ted Ginn Jr. at #9 last year, but at #17 this year Jackson is a decent looking pic when we are in need of a good kick returner and another fast receiver to spread the field. I believe Ryan Cook is going to be a solid starter, so why not go for speed and a possible Devin Hester. Out of the 21 possible punt returns Jackson actually got to return, he returned 6 for touchdowns during his college career, not too shabby.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

its a nice thought, i had a random idea about 3 weeks ago about us gettin him, we would have a very very very good WR core, but then we re-signed Ferg and my hopes went down. Since we signed Ferg i dont really think we have a need for a WR at all in the draft. The only way i see us taking him is if Harvey/Groves/Merling/ the top 5 OTs/ the top 2 QBs are off the board, and i doubt that will happen

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"zakvikes2k" wrote:
    I was just wondering what everybody thought about DeSean Jackson. Miami made a huge mistake taking Ted Ginn Jr. at #9 last year, but at #17 this year Jackson is a decent looking pic when we are in need of a good kick returner and another fast receiver to spread the field. I believe Ryan Cook is going to be a solid starter, so why not go for speed and a possible Devin Hester. Out of the 21 possible punt returns Jackson actually got to return, he returned 6 for touchdowns during his college career, not too shabby.
    I would say no.
    He can't outrun everyone like he could in college. He will be facing some of the best hitters in the world and his frame is below average. He isn't the best WR in this draft. Why not take someone like Calwell from UF! Extrememly fast and talented. Jackson is a flop waiting to happen.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "zakvikes2k" wrote:
    I would say no.
    He can't outrun everyone like he could in college. He will be facing some of the best hitters in the world and his frame is below average. He isn't the best WR in this draft. Why not take someone like Calwell from UF! Extrememly fast and talented. Jackson is a flop waiting to happen.
    if the guy puts a couple pounds of muscle on he should be fine, he could be a solid slot speedster, i didnt wanna get him before we signed BB because i doubt he can be a number one guy, but if u have good WRs around him, he can light up the field, id love for him to fall to 2nd, i think we would grab him there, but i doubt he will fall that far.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

tclawmen is offline Starter

wide receiver in the first round??????? I think not, we need a starter with our first round pick. I dont care if its a DE or OL but we cant waste a first round pick for a player that wont contribute as a starter for at least 2 years and probably 3.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NO...Allison is just as fast and taller...we don't need Jackson...he's a project.

Early Doucet is a much better value in the second round...what the Vikes need in their first round pick is a SURE THING...substance over flash.
    Better to take an OT that will start for the next 10 years than someone who might never pan out.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

No WR in the first round.
    If he's there in the second I'd definitely consider him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

That is pause Nahhht a great a idea.
    If we want somebody for speed again, go with the dude from Appalachian St. Otherwise, i don't think we even bother with a receiver.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I still say we should get Sweed.
    Him and Rice will be nice with BB in the slot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I still say we should get Sweed.
    Him and Rice will be nice with BB in the slot.
    BB is NOT gonna want to play the slot.
    Doucet, on the other hand, is a PERFECT slot reciever...and can be got in the second round.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast