Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    zakvikes2k's Avatar
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    153

    DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    I was just wondering what everybody thought about DeSean Jackson. Miami made a huge mistake taking Ted Ginn Jr. at #9 last year, but at #17 this year Jackson is a decent looking pic when we are in need of a good kick returner and another fast receiver to spread the field. I believe Ryan Cook is going to be a solid starter, so why not go for speed and a possible Devin Hester. Out of the 21 possible punt returns Jackson actually got to return, he returned 6 for touchdowns during his college career, not too shabby.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

  2. #2
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    its a nice thought, i had a random idea about 3 weeks ago about us gettin him, we would have a very very very good WR core, but then we re-signed Ferg and my hopes went down. Since we signed Ferg i dont really think we have a need for a WR at all in the draft. The only way i see us taking him is if Harvey/Groves/Merling/ the top 5 OTs/ the top 2 QBs are off the board, and i doubt that will happen

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  3. #3
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    "zakvikes2k" wrote:
    I was just wondering what everybody thought about DeSean Jackson. Miami made a huge mistake taking Ted Ginn Jr. at #9 last year, but at #17 this year Jackson is a decent looking pic when we are in need of a good kick returner and another fast receiver to spread the field. I believe Ryan Cook is going to be a solid starter, so why not go for speed and a possible Devin Hester. Out of the 21 possible punt returns Jackson actually got to return, he returned 6 for touchdowns during his college career, not too shabby.
    I would say no.
    He can't outrun everyone like he could in college. He will be facing some of the best hitters in the world and his frame is below average. He isn't the best WR in this draft. Why not take someone like Calwell from UF! Extrememly fast and talented. Jackson is a flop waiting to happen.

  4. #4
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "zakvikes2k" wrote:
    I was just wondering what everybody thought about DeSean Jackson. Miami made a huge mistake taking Ted Ginn Jr. at #9 last year, but at #17 this year Jackson is a decent looking pic when we are in need of a good kick returner and another fast receiver to spread the field. I believe Ryan Cook is going to be a solid starter, so why not go for speed and a possible Devin Hester. Out of the 21 possible punt returns Jackson actually got to return, he returned 6 for touchdowns during his college career, not too shabby.
    I would say no.
    He can't outrun everyone like he could in college. He will be facing some of the best hitters in the world and his frame is below average. He isn't the best WR in this draft. Why not take someone like Calwell from UF! Extrememly fast and talented. Jackson is a flop waiting to happen.
    if the guy puts a couple pounds of muscle on he should be fine, he could be a solid slot speedster, i didnt wanna get him before we signed BB because i doubt he can be a number one guy, but if u have good WRs around him, he can light up the field, id love for him to fall to 2nd, i think we would grab him there, but i doubt he will fall that far.

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  5. #5
    tclawmen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    wide receiver in the first round??????? I think not, we need a starter with our first round pick. I dont care if its a DE or OL but we cant waste a first round pick for a player that wont contribute as a starter for at least 2 years and probably 3.

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    NO...Allison is just as fast and taller...we don't need Jackson...he's a project.


    Early Doucet is a much better value in the second round...what the Vikes need in their first round pick is a SURE THING...substance over flash.
    Better to take an OT that will start for the next 10 years than someone who might never pan out.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    No WR in the first round.
    If he's there in the second I'd definitely consider him.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  8. #8
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    That is pause Nahhht a great a idea.
    If we want somebody for speed again, go with the dude from Appalachian St. Otherwise, i don't think we even bother with a receiver.

  9. #9
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    I still say we should get Sweed.
    Him and Rice will be nice with BB in the slot.

  10. #10
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I still say we should get Sweed.
    Him and Rice will be nice with BB in the slot.
    BB is NOT gonna want to play the slot.
    Doucet, on the other hand, is a PERFECT slot reciever...and can be got in the second round.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: DeSean Jackson - Worth it or not?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM
  2. DeSean Jackson is a pussy.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 03:55 PM
  3. DeSean Jackson
    By catlikethief22 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 12:37 PM
  4. MOVED: DeSean Jackson
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
  5. Congrats To Myself On DeSean Jackson (1) G
    By jessejames09 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 07:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •