Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DeSean Jackson

Re: DeSean Jackson

"catlikethief22" wrote:
    So ive been looking at a few mock drafts and most of them say we should get DeSean Jackson. After checkin him out i also agree. I think he has great talent at WR that we desperatley need. but a few of the mock drafts had us taking some DE because they said that Childress says he doesnt want to address the WR position in the first round of the draft. does anyone know if this is true? i hope not.
    After the falled Troy Williamson experiment I'm a little bit skeptical taking a shorter smaller fast wide receiver......or at least if we consider drafting him let's make sure to put him through a LOT of ball catching drills to make sure he doesn't have the same problems TW has.
    If he's a faster version of Marvin Harrison, I'm ALL for him.
    If he's a skinnier version of TW then I'm definitely NOT for it!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"audioghost" wrote:
    It would be nice to see us trade a pick for a good veteran....someone one of our young guys could learn from but if we're going for a WR in the draft, I love both Jackson and Kelly, they have showed they can make the tough catches and, from what I can see, one of these dudes will be a superstar in the league. BUT...you never know...we could pick someone late and get ourselves a Marques Colston in the rough...you never know. I just hope they can find an established dude who can help our passing game NOW...a Chad Johnson or a Fitzgerald or a Jerry Porter or a Javon Walker or someone like that (like if we would've picked up Stallworth last yr). We don't need a Ben Curtis or a DJ Hackett or some 3rd string bum...we need a difference maker who's ready to step up and catch 70-100 balls a season. Someone who Jackson can just throw it up to if he's in trouble that can go and get it or at least a guy that can catch a quick slant w/o letting it bounce off his arm and into a defender's grasp. Listen, there's a reason a dude like DJ Hackett or Bobby Wade are #3 WRs on other teams, they're #3 WR talent. Plain and simple. Go and get a money man so the Vikings passing game can cash in in 2008.
    your wrong about DJ Hackett.... he was a little banged up this year.. but when he was healthy, he was Seattle's best receiver.. no doubt about it!!!

Check the stats...

He is a legit #1 guy... or a reggie wayne #2.... he would vastly improve our offense...

and by the way... DJ Hackett is waaay better than Jerry Porter, and probably as good if not would be better than Javon Walker in OUR offense... plus walker has knee issues where as hackett it was an ankle...

and as for a Jackson... Dude seems to be a legit receiver.. in the mold of a Steve Smith / Santana Moss... those guys have had success in the league...

I don't know much about Malcom Kelly.. from what i've heard it's alot of good things... but i read a comment where he always makes the catches in traffic.
    and if that's the case.. i don't want that guy... it means he can't get separation
    and therefore, has to make a catch in traffic...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    It would be nice to see us trade a pick for a good veteran....someone one of our young guys could learn from but if we're going for a WR in the draft, I love both Jackson and Kelly, they have showed they can make the tough catches and, from what I can see, one of these dudes will be a superstar in the league. BUT...you never know...we could pick someone late and get ourselves a Marques Colston in the rough...you never know. I just hope they can find an established dude who can help our passing game NOW...a Chad Johnson or a Fitzgerald or a Jerry Porter or a Javon Walker or someone like that (like if we would've picked up Stallworth last yr). We don't need a Ben Curtis or a DJ Hackett or some 3rd string bum...we need a difference maker who's ready to step up and catch 70-100 balls a season. Someone who Jackson can just throw it up to if he's in trouble that can go and get it or at least a guy that can catch a quick slant w/o letting it bounce off his arm and into a defender's grasp. Listen, there's a reason a dude like DJ Hackett or Bobby Wade are #3 WRs on other teams, they're #3 WR talent. Plain and simple. Go and get a money man so the Vikings passing game can cash in in 2008.
    your wrong about DJ Hackett.... he was a little banged up this year.. but when he was healthy, he was Seattle's best receiver.. no doubt about it!!!

Check the stats...

He is a legit #1 guy... or a reggie wayne #2.... he would vastly improve our offense...

and by the way... DJ Hackett is waaay better than Jerry Porter, and probably as good if not would be better than Javon Walker in OUR offense... plus walker has knee issues where as hackett it was an ankle...

and as for a Jackson... Dude seems to be a legit receiver.. in the mold of a Steve Smith / Santana Moss... those guys have had success in the league...

I don't know much about Malcom Kelly.. from what i've heard it's alot of good things... but i read a comment where he always makes the catches in traffic.
    and if that's the case.. i don't want that guy... it means he can't get separation
    Or it means he isn't afraid to go over the middle were there is alot of traffic instead of wanting only to run real fast down the sidelines.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

Check the stats...

Or it means he isn't afraid to go over the middle were there is alot of traffic instead of wanting only to run real fast down the sidelines.
    ;D
    TRUE TRUE!!!!... i hope its the latter...

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I'm against taking DeSean Jackson purely because of his size.
    I think he'll have trouble getting off the LOS in the NFL, much like Kelly Campbell.
    He'd probably be a great slot guy, but we already have that in Wade.
    Our wideouts will need to be able to get cleanly off the line and into their routes.
    Campbell had all the speed in the world, but he kept getting jammed at the line and as a consequence seldom got open in time to be effective.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234