Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson

Re: DeSean Jackson

"mark" wrote:
    i would be so happy if we got wrs in the first 2 rds then drafted corner/safty inn 3rd.sign allen at de and the best right tackle.
    Where's Matt Millen when you need him? Can we just hire the guy as a consultant on draft day, say like for the next three years?
    Tuco the world.....

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I think Allison is our project at WR.
    He was drafted in the 5th, so I don't think they expected immediate contributions... in fact he's probably pleasantly surprised the Vikes staff...

i wish I had an answer about what we need to do.

I don't.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

briannord is offline Rookie

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    i would be so happy if we got wrs in the first 2 rds then drafted corner/safty inn 3rd.sign allen at de and the best right tackle.
    Where's Matt Millen when you need him? Can we just hire the guy as a consultant on draft day, say like for the next three years?
    If we used ALL of our picks on Wr's wed be set for YEARS!

DubbBvike is offline Training Camp

I'd rather take Malcolm Kelly in the first round if he was there if i had to chose a WR. But i would much rather see us adress another position in the first round and take Thomas in the 2nd.. that way our expectations of him taking over the team in the first year wont be so high.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Horizontal offenses don't work unless all the pieces fit together PERFECTLY.
    You know why you haven't seen many Super Bowl Champions who run a WCO?
    Because it just doesn't work for most teams - additionally, teams have learned how to stop it since the days of Joe Montana and Steve Young.
    Zone defenses and pass rushing have advanced by leaps and bounds since then.

It's no coincidence that the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl the year they had T.O.
    Even ONE vertical threat can open up virtually infinite possibilities for your offense.
    "Precision route-running" can only open up the exact possibility it was designed to open up - and then only if everything comes together.

Jackson has great hands - he can catch the ball when it's thrown anywhere near him.
    Last time I checked, that's what wide receivers are supposed to do.
    He has speed - which you can't coach.
    I haven't heard anything bad about his route-running (though nothing particularly good, either).

Bulk and size are overrated.
    (If they were as important as some previous posters made them out to be, Steve Smith would be pumping gas and Mike Williams would be tearing up the league).
    Blocking and route-running can be taught (Jackson certainly has the head for it).
    Speed, talent, and soft hands CAN'T be taught, and Jackson has all three.
    He also has the mentality to succeed without being a distraction.
    He reminds me of Steve Smith.

If he's still on the board and we don't draft him, I'm going to need to buy a new TV, because my foot will be going through it.
    Fortunately for my TV, he won't still be on the board.
    Some other lucky team will have a guy who will be catching touchdown passes for years to come.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

That Malcolm Kelly video sure shows he can catch the ball in traffic.
    Most of those highlights he is in pretty good coverage, and comes down with the ball anyway.
    Good leap, good body control and good hands.
    I know it is highlights, but I am liking what I see there!
    I think he'd be great opposite Rice.

Jackson reminds me a bit too much of TWill...isn't, "you can't teach speed," what Tice said about him?
    But, I found this, and he sure as hell is fast.
    And, can catch the ball too...but with everyone wanting a Devin Hester these days, I find it hard to believe he'll still be around at 17.
    On the other hand, Miami sure got some shit for grabbing Ginn so early last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPfEkWSEhcY&feature=related

How does the competition level in the Pac10 compare?
    DJack has pretty modest numbers considering the hype...?

I like Bowman too...especially if he falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd.
    That one handed catch is nice!
    And, he's got the strength to throw off would be tacklers.

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I would take either Jackson or Kelly in a hot second. Unfortunately, they ain't going to fall to us, and the talent drops off from there.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Red I 360 is offline Training Camp

I agree with audioghost. If we're looking for just a pure WR, then I don't think DeSean Jackson's our guy... but if we take him as a WR/KR, then I'm all for him. We would have addressed two positions, we desperately need help in, with one pick. Let's face it- the guys we have, right now, couldn't return a kick if their lives depended on it!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

It would be nice to see us trade a pick for a good veteran....someone one of our young guys could learn from but if we're going for a WR in the draft, I love both Jackson and Kelly, they have showed they can make the tough catches and, from what I can see, one of these dudes will be a superstar in the league. BUT...you never know...we could pick someone late and get ourselves a Marques Colston in the rough...you never know. I just hope they can find an established dude who can help our passing game NOW...a Chad Johnson or a Fitzgerald or a Jerry Porter or a Javon Walker or someone like that (like if we would've picked up Stallworth last yr). We don't need a Ben Curtis or a DJ Hackett or some 3rd string bum...we need a difference maker who's ready to step up and catch 70-100 balls a season. Someone who Jackson can just throw it up to if he's in trouble that can go and get it or at least a guy that can catch a quick slant w/o letting it bounce off his arm and into a defender's grasp. Listen, there's a reason a dude like DJ Hackett or Bobby Wade are #3 WRs on other teams, they're #3 WR talent. Plain and simple. Go and get a money man so the Vikings passing game can cash in in 2008.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

However, after all that, if we take a WR in the 1st round I'd love to see Jackson because of the run after the catch ability....

Sorry for the 2 posts in a row
    :-\

Havent broke that rule in a while...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast