Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson

DeSean Jackson

So ive been looking at a few mock drafts and most of them say we should get DeSean Jackson. After checkin him out i also agree. I think he has great talent at WR that we desperatley need. but a few of the mock drafts had us taking some DE because they said that Childress says he doesnt want to address the WR position in the first round of the draft. does anyone know if this is true? i hope not.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: DeSean Jackson

I think he would be a great pick for us, but who knows if he'll last that long in the draft.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I would also like to get this guy, no doubt. He's gonna make a serious weapon at more than one position for some team in the top 10.

I think we have a better shot at Malcom Kelly from Oklahoma, he has great size, ball skills and good speed, nothing like Jackson but he's probably faster then Sidney Rice. I also think he fits what we do, you can see he runs good routes, he's extremly smooth and hits feet are very quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9W7nTi4JFQ

Another guy is Sweed who is much like Malcom, great size and hands. Sweed is not as quick as Malcom but he does a nice job in air and is big weapon who can build speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw

Another guy who is extremly intristing is James Hardy from Indiana. 6 foot 7, 220 LB. 31 TD's in his carear at Indiana and he's coming out as a Junior. Reports are claiming a 42 inch verticle and a 4.45 40 time is expected, his highlights are hard to find because he's from a smaller school but i seen a couple catches. He's big and fast with lost of production. He's gonna hit the combine and open eyes if he does well.

Sweed would also be a great pick, let's hope we can get one of these guys to tandem with Rice for the next 10 years.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Personally I don't like DeSean at all. I just think he is too small to be effective in the NFL. He is going to be pushed around all day by the bigger corners, and if he goes across the middle and takes a hit from someone like Ed Reed or Laron Landry, he is going to get killed.

In my mind, timed 40 speed is one of the most overrated attributes for players. Some of the best receivers of all time had horrible 40 yard dash times (ie: Jerry Rice ran a 4.7). More important is the ability of a receiver to get open (good lateral movement), and having the strength and body control to win balls in the air as well as being able to beat jams off of the line. Also one of a receivers most under-appreciated skills is their downfield blocking ability, which makes a huge difference in the running game.

The 5 things I look for in a wide receiver are:
    1. Hands
    2. Acceleration/Lateral Movement
    3. Strength/Body Control
    4. Route Running
    5. Blocking

To me, DeSean Jackson doesn't excel in the areas I look for most in a receiver. To me he is a kick/punt returner first, and a receiver second, and I don't think that is worth a first round pick. He just doesn't have the physical tools necessary to be a true number one threat in this league. There is no question he can make some special things happen when he gets the ball in his hands, but he is not the true receiver that we are lacking; He is more of a Devin Hester type player.

The receivers I am hoping the Vikings take are Malcolm Kelly, Adarious Bowman, James Hardy, Limas Sweed, Devin Thomas or Jordy Nelson. They all have great hands and size, and have the quickness to get open consistently. What I really like about all these receivers is that they have the size and strength to be effective blockers and to win the tough catches in traffic.

Good post aayers. Let's get Limas Sweed.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I dont think that the Vikings need DeSean Jackson, we need another guy to lineup on the outside, like Sidney Rice.

The thing is that Bobby Wade is a very good slotreciever, he needs to be moved inside, that would leave a hole for the outside spot, if we can find a guy similar to Sidney Rice it would be perfect.

I like both Limas Sweed and Malcolm Kelly as you do.

Im not so hooked on Hardy and Bowman..

I would also like to see Andre Caldwell in this offense, hes a pretty good player, he has good hands and can also runblocker, he also have the speed to be a potential deep threat.

He could also be availible in the second round..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

We also need to address our offensive line. I know we led the league in rushing, but we need to start building for the future.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"catlikethief22" wrote:
    So ive been looking at a few mock drafts and most of them say we should get DeSean Jackson. After checkin him out i also agree. I think he has great talent at WR that we desperatley need. but a few of the mock drafts had us taking some DE because they said that Childress says he doesnt want to address the WR position in the first round of the draft. does anyone know if this is true? i hope not.
    Do you expect a contribution from the 1st-round pick next season?
    If so, then drafting a WR is a horrible decision.
    It is extremely rare that a rookie WR contributes in any meaningful way in his first season.
    See:
    Johnson, Calvin in Detroit.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

DeShaun Jackson is different...he's like a Devin Hester...a kick and punt return dude...but the best thing about him is he is talented enough to actually warrant a starting WR job...he'd be perfect for the Vikes who are lacking at WR and PR (Bobby Wade sucks and Mewelde is goin bye-bye)

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast