Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Defensive Draft Prospects

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Although i'd like to see a DE taken in the 1st, i wouldn't be disappointed if Keith Rivers slipped to 17 and we picked him up.
    He'd defnietally pust Leber to make some plays, and then eventually take over when Leber's contract is up, or even sooner.
    That could be a very goos linebacker corps with Greenway, Henderson and Rivers.
    The only problem is I think Rivers and Greenway both play weak side linebacker, but i'm sure one of them would be able to move no problem.
    I dont think Rivers will be there at 17 but if he was i would love to get him, i know we dont need a linebacker but i just think Rivers is be too good to pass up

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I think we are in more need of LB depth than safety depth as of now.
    Leber is solid but i think some competition would be welcomed as well as much needed depth.
    Ideally I'd like to see us nab a guy in rounds 2-4 like Adibi, Gooden, or Geno Hayes (or dare I say Henderson Jr.?)
    EJ
    Greemway
    Leber
    Rufus
    Pope
    Ciuriu
    Farwell
    Startz(sp?)

I think the only way we take LB is if someone drops real far and we just cant pass up on them
    Who on that list is proven (besides the starters)?
    Farwell is safe because of his special teams ability, but I wouldn't be suprised if any one of the other guys were cut before the season starts. Pope also should make the roster but would you feel comfortable with any of the other guys filling in for an injury?
    I wouldn't.

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    Leber is solid but i think some competition would be welcomed as well as much needed depth.
    Ideally I'd like to see us nab a guy in rounds 2-4 like Adibi, Gooden, or Geno Hayes (or dare I say Henderson Jr.?)
    EJ
    Greemway
    Leber
    Rufus
    Pope
    Ciuriu
    Farwell
    Startz(sp?)

I think the only way we take LB is if someone drops real far and we just cant pass up on them
    Farwell is safe because of his special teams ability, but I wouldn't be suprised if any one of the other guys were cut before the season starts. Pope also should make the roster but would you feel comfortable with any of the other guys filling in for an injury?
    I wouldn't.
    I think Rufus will be really good for us, kind of like what DT was with us

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    EJ
    Greemway
    Leber
    Rufus
    Pope
    Ciuriu
    Farwell
    Startz(sp?)

I wouldn't.
    Pope is definetly gonna get a spot, i really like Rufus, i watched him a couple games his senior year in college and i think could be a solid backup to Leber. but i could see us taking one in the late rounds, like 5 and on, but i wouldnt feel comfortable with them either. I just think their are other positions to address before LB, like DE, OT, DE, QB, S, and TE.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

ragz is offline GM

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    EJ
    Greemway
    Leber
    Rufus
    Pope
    Ciuriu
    Farwell
    Startz(sp?)

I wouldn't.
    it's not that, i just think they feel they have their starters, and have addressed fill ins who can also play special teams through free agency.
    if we were to take a player early it would be, as some else said, a guy they just feel is too talented to pass up at their pick.
    but i wouldn't imagine it's something they are targetting.

calaise cambell is annoying as hell.
    you look at him physically and think this guy could be amazing but he scares the crap out of you cuz you dont if he's one of these miami players who doesn't really care to work hard and become special.
    i dont think at 17 you can take a chance on him, but if they vikes did trade down he might be worth taking a stab.
    all of this shit is getting very interesting as we get closer.
    chances are though i'll still be indifferent no matter who they take.
    except when i start reading more and more about the players and i start to believe all of them are going to become hall of famers.
    that's the offseason for you.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Harvey or Campbell...
    Say no to Groves and Merling.

Merling is living off of Gaines Adams success and really has not done anything but rack up tackles in college.
    Campbell had an off year( still better than Merlings) and has been slipping since.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

The more I research Harvey, the more I think he is the pick we have to take if he is there at 17.
    Here is the question though:
    Does he play LDE or RDE?

We have Edwards and Robison at RDE already, but Harvey is the more highly touted pass rusher, which you typically want coming from the RDE spot to strip and blind-side the QB.
    Who plays where?
    I think Edwards, Robison, and Harvey would be the best DEs on the team, so ideally you would want 2 of them starting w/ the other rotating in at the RDE spot and Mitchell/Wyms backing up LDE.
    Harvey played LDE last year, so I'm guessing that is where he would go.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

ragz is offline GM

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    The more I research Harvey, the more I think he is the pick we have to take if he is there at 17.
    Does he play LDE or RDE?

We have Edwards and Robison at RDE already, but Harvey is the more highly touted pass rusher, which you typically want coming from the RDE spot to strip and blind-side the QB.
    Who plays where?
    I think Edwards, Robison, and Harvey would be the best DEs on the team, so ideally you would want 2 of them starting w/ the other rotating in at the RDE spot and Mitchell/Wyms backing up LDE.
    yah but certain guys are more comfortable and effective at the lde(strahan, peppers) which is where i believe harvey is more accustomed too.
    if that is a fact he fills the void perfectly cuz thats the spot we need an end at.
    then robison and edwards basically split on the other side.
    would be nice if it works out.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Harvey or Campbell...
    Say no to Groves and Merling.

Merling is living off of Gaines Adams success and really has not done anything but rack up tackles in college.
    Campbell had an off year( still better than Merlings) and has been slipping since.
    u have it mixed up ;D

Harvey or Groves...
    Say not to Campbell and Merling.

Its alright i fixed it for u

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Does he play LDE or RDE?

Who plays where?
    I think he mostly played LDE in college but I could be mistaken.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast