Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defense

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Defense

If you dont count the first series of either game we look really good in my opinion.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Yfz01" wrote:
    If you dont count the first series of either game we look really good in my opinion.
    I agree. They looked pretty decent to me in that game. The thing that worries me is our LBs in the pass defense. Especially Greenway.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Yfz01" wrote:
    Unfortunately in the regular season, we have to play against the starting offense the WHOLE game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikings4life33" wrote:
    I hope they are saving it all for Aaron Rogers ;D
    Pat Williams is saving it for two players specifically... One being Rodgers the other being Ryan "one year wonder" Grant.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    I hope they are saving it all for Aaron Rogers ;D
    Pat Williams is saving it for two players specifically... One being Rodgers the other being Ryan "one year wonder" Grant.
    I hope they are gonna spread the wealth across the full spectrum of teams they are gonna play this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jorgie is offline Rookie

i think when Jared Allen has Robison playing at the other side things are going to get very nasty for opposing QB's. ;D

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Mr" wrote:
    We haven't shown much. And we shouldn't.

There's no reason other than the loss of Udeze that our defense should be any worse next year, and in all honesty, he's not that big of a loss, especially when you factor in the acquisition of Allen.

We've added talent and experience to the secondary, everyone else is one year older(which isn't good for Sharper and Pat Williams, but I'm not concerned about either of them) and by everyone, that includes Leslie Frazier and the rest of the defensive coaching staff.

I think we've been hiding what we can do in the first two preseason games.
    I think the first preseason game, and some of the second as well, was an opportunity to knock the rust off, these guys hadn't played real football since December.

There's nothing that indicates regression against the run, and I can't see our pass defense doing anything but improving from last season.

I'm not worried about our defense at all, barring injury(knock on wood.).
    Gotta agree with ya except I would definitely add Winfield to the list of players likely on their decline. The 10 year veteran certainly doesn't have much left to learn.
    Also Leber (7 years) and K Williams (6 years) have probably peaked.
    Other then that I think every other player can improve.

Its scary to think of Jared Allen being even better.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

I am abit worried about the defense but not really. this is what preseason is for, to see how we should play our guys in the regular season. We have allen now, so should we still blitz our lbers alot to get even more pressure our have them play coverage while our front four try to get some pressure on the QB? you know them kind of things, I think we are just trying different ways to see what works best.

Detroit's D looks great, and that tells that pre-season isn't regular season.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Unfortunately in the regular season, we have to play against the starting offense the WHOLE game.
    Good thing we looked good against the starters except for the first drive of the first two games...
    Honestly, on a short field against Seattle we forced a field goal, and then the starters were done.
    Against the Ravens we didn't get any points scored on us other then the first drive and we clamped down well.
    Then against Pittsburgh we dominated them on defense all night, I know that last game wasn't part of the comparison at the time but I think it should give you a little bit of confidence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast