Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defense

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Defense

Anyone else think our starting D, well, sucks, this preseason? I know its preseason but Ive watched alot of other preseason games, and ours looks amound the worse. This has me more worries then the offense this year. BTW, has there been an official words from the Vikes on TJacks injury? If gus is our starting QB this year I will cry.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Defense

Hey my friend. How goes it.

I read a article that quoted the Chiller were he said they really don't gameplan the first two games but rather just work on specific areas (My readers digest version of what he said).

Although I thought that was a bit strange that he wouldn't at least push his staff to flex thier process/procedures for gameplanning, I do see how that would make it look like our D isn't ready to play.

Again, all very fishy to me but I, overall I guess I am not worried about our D.

My assesment is that we will miss Keneche this year (Run D) but will see dividends in the area of pass denfense.

As do TJ, there are a couple of articles out that said he could go if he needed to but will probably sit for the Steelers game and no starters get work in the 4th game if the coaches are smart.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Anyone else think our starting D, well, sucks, this preseason? I know its preseason but Ive watched alot of other preseason games, and ours looks amound the worse. This has me more worries then the offense this year. BTW, has there been an official words from the Vikes on TJacks injury? If gus is our starting QB this year I will cry.
    It's pre-season. Don't expect anything from anyone of what they show here...
    And how did you came up with the idea that the defense sucks? We got the improved pass rush in Allen, we still got the big Williams wall and kept everyone intact. ( except for Smith who we got Williams for ) even though Madieu is injured, it won't be for that long into the season...

If you are such a believer of what happends in pre-season than you must like what you saw from Gus so a little flaw into your statement..
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

No im not a believer in preseason really, But I saw other preseason first string Ds that looked MUCH better then ours. Our LBs were non exsistant. Secondary was more suspect then usual. Again preseason means nothing but youd think our new D would come out fired up. Glad Tjacks injury doesnt look too serious. He needs to play a full season so all the TJ crotch sniffers cant make excuses if he has another year like last lol. Either that or get us to the playoffs ) He sure has alot of fire power this year.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

It was his first starting year for a QB imo, you can't expect them to do exceptionally well that year. He will bring us to the playoffs and he will be the starting Qb for years.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CCthebest" wrote:
    No im not a believer in preseason really, But I saw other preseason first string Ds that looked MUCH better then ours. Our LBs were non exsistant. Secondary was more suspect then usual. Again preseason means nothing but youd think our new D would come out fired up. Glad Tjacks injury doesnt look too serious. He needs to play a full season so all the TJ crotch sniffers cant make excuses if he has another year like last lol. Either that or get us to the playoffs ) He sure has alot of fire power this year.
    I do miss your posts my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

We haven't shown much. And we shouldn't.

There's no reason other than the loss of Udeze that our defense should be any worse next year, and in all honesty, he's not that big of a loss, especially when you factor in the acquisition of Allen.

We've added talent and experience to the secondary, everyone else is one year older(which isn't good for Sharper and Pat Williams, but I'm not concerned about either of them) and by everyone, that includes Leslie Frazier and the rest of the defensive coaching staff.

I think we've been hiding what we can do in the first two preseason games.
    I think the first preseason game, and some of the second as well, was an opportunity to knock the rust off, these guys hadn't played real football since December.

There's nothing that indicates regression against the run, and I can't see our pass defense doing anything but improving from last season.

I'm not worried about our defense at all, barring injury(knock on wood.).

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not worried about it at all.
    It's preseason and they're working on the pass rush.
    They haven't shown us what they are capable of as a complete package.
    Seriously, why worry about stopping the run in preseason when you were #1 against the run in '07 and have a better team on the field than last year?
    It makes total sense to me that they would be working on pressuring the QB with different schemes during the preseason and starting to pull it together as the season approaches with the run and pass D.
    You will see the Vikings slip from the #1 slot on D against the rush and rise in the yds given up on passing.
    Remember, they were tied for 11th in the least amount of points given up last year, the only statistic that really matters.
    I expect them to be in the top 10 this year in that category.

CC, good to see you around again.
    Is it true that you are leading the Childress fan club this year?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

The Packers are watching our every move, they are taking notes on our defense. If we do not show them what we have then they can't prepare as well as they would like. We are just looking at different packages and fooling the NFL at the same time. Watching ESPN or Sportscenter it is funny how they say the defensive line is not being as productive as last year. Oh just wait till Sept. 8th

I hope they are saving it all for Aaron Rogers ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast