Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Decision makers with most influence over draft

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43884.msg755390#msg755390 date=1207658841]

Foley flat out screwed the pooch by not knowing that the Jets also were targeting Clemens to the point that they might move up to get him ahead of us
    shortly after we took Griffin.
    How is it Foleys fault for not knowing the Jets had Clemens on their draft board?

Most draft boards are secret. Even if it wasn't, why was it solely Foley's fault & no one elses? Are you saying everyone else knew who the Jets were going to take?

If your not, why wouldn't it be Childress' fault or not knowing the Jets had Clemens on their draft board?

Do you have links for this information or is it just another one of your opinions you are trying to sell us?
    Yes and I'm not posting them again for the umpteenth time.
    Go back and re-read them and you will see all the stuff about how every the Vikes were hacked on for goofing on that one my friend.

;D
    Your most compelling "evidence" is a link to Mr. Cheer-or-Die's blog.

I have better evidence to prove the existence of the Loch Ness monster stuck in my belly-button.
    Nope, thats just the last one I've provided.
    All the rest I provided when you asked, you just ignored.

;D
    I've read every single article you've posted in support of your fantasy view of draft-day 2006.
    And not ONE has a real quote that says the Vikings were bamboozled by the Jets.
    Just a lot of speculation by a bunch of people who didn't know who Tarvaris Jackson was, so they assume the Vikings ~messed up~ up and had to settle for him.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Do you really think there is gonna be an article out there that says something like that?

I can see the press conference now.......

Chiller:
    I would like to introduce our new QB TJ.
    We really wanted Cutler but it cost to much to move up, which we knew ahead of time, so we had Clemens targeted.
    To bad we fucked that one up and had to settle for TJ.

Press:
    TJ, how does it feel to know that you were third on the list?

TJ: I'm just happy to be here.
    Sure glad Foley screwed the Pooch.

Of course its speculation.
    Everything we do on here is speculation.
    My point is we knew ahead of time what players the staff looked at.
    We had a good idea what other teams were looking at them.
    We have a myriad of articles that leaked about the shouting match. We have a new VP of PP fired. We have articles that say how the Owner will become more involved in stuff like this.......etc etc etc......

Even a non-management guy like you could put two and two together and come to the same answer that most came to shortly after the draft.

Foley took Griffin on the assumption that Clemens would be there with thier next pick.
    The NYJ screwed that up and got him instead.

Again, purely speculation but my guess is it is pretty damn accurate speculation.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43884.msg756045#msg756045 date=1207708337]

Foley flat out screwed the pooch by not knowing that the Jets also were targeting Clemens to the point that they might move up to get him ahead of us
    How is it Foleys fault for not knowing the Jets had Clemens on their draft board?

Most draft boards are secret. Even if it wasn't, why was it solely Foley's fault & no one elses? Are you saying everyone else knew who the Jets were going to take?

If your not, why wouldn't it be Childress' fault or not knowing the Jets had Clemens on their draft board?

Do you have links for this information or is it just another one of your opinions you are trying to sell us?
    Go back and re-read them and you will see all the stuff about how every the Vikes were hacked on for goofing on that one my friend.

;D

I have better evidence to prove the existence of the Loch Ness monster stuck in my belly-button.

;D
    I've read every single article you've posted in support of your fantasy view of draft-day 2006.
    Just a lot of speculation by a bunch of people who didn't know who Tarvaris Jackson was, so they assume the Vikings ~messed up~ up and had to settle for him.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Do you really think there is gonna be an article out there that says something like that?

Chiller:
    We really wanted Cutler but it cost to much to move up, which we knew ahead of time, so we had Clemens targeted.
    To bad we fucked that one up and had to settle for TJ.

Press:

We have a myriad of articles that leaked about the shouting match. We have a new VP of PP fired. We have articles that say how the Owner will become more involved in stuff like this.......etc etc etc......

Even a non-management guy like you could put two and two together and come to the same answer that most came to shortly after the draft.

Foley took Griffin on the assumption that Clemens would be there with thier next pick.

Again, purely speculation but my guess is it is pretty damn accurate speculation.
    [/quote]

And there's a 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll, too.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43884.msg756183#msg756183 date=1207743931]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43884.msg756045#msg756045 date=1207708337]

;D

;D

=Z=
    [/quote]

Chiller:
    To bad we ~messed up~ that one up and had to settle for TJ.

Press:

Again, purely speculation but my guess is it is pretty gol 'darnit accurate speculation.
    [/quote]

And there's a 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll, too.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    You amaze me sometimes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You amaze me sometimes.
    Why?
    Because I'm not willing to accept speculation in lieu of fact or evidence?

I used to get in arguments with people on the Rec.Auto.Sport.NASCAR (RASN) back in the 90s when I was first dipping my feet into USENET.
    People there would claim that "So-and-so lifted" or "So-and-so didn't lift" after an accident.
    My response was always the same:
    please share with us the video you recorded from your amazing accelerator-foot-cam, because the rest of us have not seen that footage.

I choose to believe that Foley was fired for the reasons that were said - being a dick to the staff and lying on his resume.
    Not some shadowy "fight" in the "war room" over a marginal prospect at QB.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You amaze me sometimes.
    Why?
    Because I'm not willing to accept speculation in lieu of fact or evidence?

I used to get in arguments with people on the Rec.Auto.Sport.NASCAR (RASN) back in the 90s when I was first dipping my feet into USENET.
    People there would claim that "So-and-so lifted" or "So-and-so didn't lift" after an accident.
    My response was always the same:
    please share with us the video you recorded from your amazing accelerator-foot-cam, because the rest of us have not seen that footage.

I choose to believe that Foley was fired for the reasons that were said - being a slick willy to the staff and lying on his resume.
    Not some shadowy "fight" in the "war room" over a marginal prospect at QB.

=Z=
    Who cares if you agree with me.
    Do you really believe that your opinion of what I think will cause me to change my stance?
    This is a fricken web page with a bunch of yutz's like me that like to speculate on things based on what we read.
    To think we have some sort of insight is absolutely ludicrous.

Additionally, show me were I said that TJ was the reason he got fired.
    My stance has always been that he screwed the pooch on that whole draft, couldn't get along with the staff and of course, lied on his resume.

In fact if you look back a few posts you will see me discussing a few players that were taken out of place as to the reason for the shouting match.

Heck, now I might just go out and find a few more old blogs that I read just so you can go all Zeus on me.
    ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Heck, now I might just go out and find a few more old blogs that I read just so you can go all Zeus on me.

;D
    The thing is, you use your "iron-clad" account of this argument for proof in all sorts of threads.
    If you were willing to just say "I believe" and then leave it at that, okay.
    But you don't.
    And the story has gone from a disagreement to a shouting match to a shoving match.

Fish story!

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    The thing is, you use your "iron-clad" account of this argument for proof in all sorts of threads.
    If you were willing to just say "I believe" and then leave it at that, okay.
    But you don't.
    And the story has gone from a disagreement to a shouting match to a shoving match.

Fish story!

=Z=
    I almost always say I believe or I think in front of everything I say on here.
    Not sure why you seem to think what I am saying is anything more than just pure speculation on my part.

Hell, because this environment is nothing more than a bunch of speculators I shouldn't even have to go that far, but I do.

By the way, show me were I said anything about a shoving match.
    The article I provided a while ago (that another poster provided in here) actually defines the match for us.
    Not my words.

Again, at times you amaze me.
    ;D

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Either way, I'm glad we got Jackson. I'd much rather have him than Clemens.

"aaeyers" wrote:
    Either way, I'm glad we got Jackson. I'd much rather have him than Clemens.
    At this point in the game you are correct.

Truth of the matter is I don't have any beef with any of the kids taken in that draft.
    Just how/were they were taken.

I really think Scott does a great job of scouting the talent.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567