Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Decision makers with most influence over draft

Just admit it Marrdro Childress does have input. That is all I want to hear you say or type.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    Just admit it Marrdro Childress does have input. That is all I want to hear you say or type.
    ;D
    LOL, you guys crack me up.
    He does have input.
    I've never said he didn't.

Infact his input started with the end of season analysis of the current roster which gave Patton and Studwell the coaches desired shopping list of what players they are looking for.

Additionally, the coaches will now (have been since the end of the season) review tape and conduct visits of players that are ranked as "Fits for the scheme" based on the scouts inputs.

My point has always been that the GM (and we don't have one) is the guy in charge of pulling the strings on the guys that fit system, not the HC.

During the draft, Spielman will be in charge, not the Chiller.
    Again, no were in there am I saying he doesn't have input.
    I am saying he is not in charge of that section of the staff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"mblack76" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So let me get this straight........Foley isn't the one that chose T-Jack?
    That is a tough question. Foley was sent packing cos he could not work with Chilly and they had disagreements before and during the draft on certain players and draft board. The draft procedure was later defined so as the responsibilities of the TOA when Spielman came on board.
    We all remember during he 2006 draft how Chilly and some wanted the players drafted in a certain order/ certain players while Foley had other ideas. After listening to several Spielman interviews, it was obvious he makes the final decision and he is always in constant communication with Chilly.
    I really believe that the triangle had 3 QB's targeted that year, (Cutler, Clemens, TJ).
    Of course most of us agree that the asking price was to high for Cutler, but the whole way that the Clemens loss unfolded is what I believed to the screaming/shouting matches that went on during the draft.

Foley flat out screwed the pooch by not knowing that the Jets also were targeting Clemens to the point that they might move up to get him ahead of us shortly after we took Griffin.

At that point the only QB left on the board that fit our scheme (IMHO) was TJ.

(No Z, I'm not gonna post all the links again.

;D)

Spielman, The Chiller (Frazier), Bryzcheapski, Studwell and Paton, all seem to work pretty well together now.
    True. I remember hearing that a lil while after the draft and the Clemens loss forced the T-Jack trade up as there was word a few other teams had made 'serious' inquiries.
    "After the draft, there were two clubs that expressed disappointment and were mad they didn't get him. They were planning to take (Jackson) very high in the third round, and were lamenting the fact that the Vikings beat them".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarvaris_Jackson
    Nice input.
    I've never checked there for info on it.
    Wikipedia has some crazy stuff on it that you would'nt normally think about.

I've put lots of other clips/articles/links on here on this very subj.
    Even with all of that it is still speculation of course, but I think it is clear what happened.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    He does have input.

Infact his input started with the end of season analysis of the current roster which gave Patton and Studwell the coaches desired shopping list of what players they are looking for.

Additionally, the coaches will now (have been since the end of the season) review tape and conduct visits of players that are ranked as "Fits for the scheme" based on the scouts inputs.

My point has always been that the GM (and we don't have one) is the guy in charge of pulling the strings on the guys that fit system, not the HC.

Just messing with ya.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    He does have input.

Just messing with ya.
    I know. This whole thread is to mess with me, me thinks.
    ;D

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So let me get this straight........Foley isn't the one that chose T-Jack?
    That is a tough question. Foley was sent packing cos he could not work with Chilly and they had disagreements before and during the draft on certain players and draft board. The draft procedure was later defined so as the responsibilities of the TOA when Spielman came on board.
    We all remember during he 2006 draft how Chilly and some wanted the players drafted in a certain order/ certain players while Foley had other ideas. After listening to several Spielman interviews, it was obvious he makes the final decision and he is always in constant communication with Chilly.
    I really believe that the triangle had 3 QB's targeted that year, (Cutler, Clemens, TJ).
    Of course most of us agree that the asking price was to high for Cutler, but the whole way that the Clemens loss unfolded is what I believed to the screaming/shouting matches that went on during the draft.

Foley flat out screwed the pooch by not knowing that the Jets also were targeting Clemens to the point that they might move up to get him ahead of us shortly after we took Griffin.

At that point the only QB left on the board that fit our scheme (IMHO) was TJ.

(No Z, I'm not gonna post all the links again.
    ;D)

Spielman, The Chiller (Frazier), Bryzcheapski, Studwell and Paton, all seem to work pretty well together now.
    I like TJ better than Clemons anyway.>!

Json is offline GM

I also believe he is better then Kordell Stewart.
    Maybe not so much at punting the ball, but QB he might nudge him out.

As much as I hate the comparison being that I support T. Jax as much as I do, somebody brought up the name Kordel Steward and I started getting a little more nervous about the kid.
    I just pray he does not turn out to be like Stewart.

Oh, as for the draft Childress, Wilf's, Spielman, they all have input.
    To say that 1 man runs the show is nonsense.
    I'm sure they all sort of vote on the 'X" amount of guys they want before the draft starts to avoid a huge conflict in the draft room.
    Sure Wilf has the final say but he really don't come across as a guy that is involved in that as much as some may think.
    I truly believe he trusts Childress and Childress staff to make the right decisions.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    He does have input.

Just messing with ya.

;D
    :-*

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Json" wrote:
    I also believe he is better then Kordell Stewart.
    Maybe not so much at punting the ball, but QB he might nudge him out.

As much as I hate the comparison being that I support T. Jax as much as I do, somebody brought up the name Kordel Steward and I started getting a little more nervous about the kid.
    I just pray he does not turn out to be like Stewart.

Oh, as for the draft Childress, Wilf's, Spielman, they all have input.
    To say that 1 man runs the show is nonsense.
    I'm sure they all sort of vote on the 'X" amount of guys they want before the draft starts to avoid a huge conflict in the draft room.
    Sure Wilf has the final say but he really don't come across as a guy that is involved in that as much as some may think.
    I truly believe he trusts Childress and Childress staff to make the right decisions.
    relax there is no comparison.. . TJ is far better than kordell ever will be...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Awfully full of yourself, don't you think?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast