Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Decision makers with most influence over draft

Marr,
    You're not going to like this. ;D ;D ;D
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmFlbho5FpECulDDr8xGnzRDubYF?slug=ys-nfldecisionmakers040708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Minnesota Vikings: Brad Childress, head coach
    Hired in January 2006, Childress has overseen drafts so far that have produced playmakers Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Decision makers with most influence over draft

mad pissed Marr
    lol

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I tried to explain this to Marr a couple months ago. Childress doesn't make every decision but he has a vast impact on who we draft, and I garunteed it.

Childress is head of our Franchise and King of the mountain. This is his show and he runs it.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I tried to explain this to Marr a couple months ago. Childress doesn't make every decision but he has a vast impact on who we draft, and I garunteed it.

Childress is head of our Franchise and King of the mountain. This is his show and he runs it.
    Nope, Wilf is the King. When it all comes down to it, its the owners that make the decisions. If the owner wants a guy, than thats who they will take. Its just that the owners are usually smart enough to hire GMs and VPs to handle those sort of things for them.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i can see Marr now... convulsing as he readz this thread/page..

my 2 cents.. Bchill might have the say on what kinda player we want.. (position, level ect. )

the scouts, and mr. B do the player examinations.. deciding on top talent/person desired. then handed over to the big B for contract decisions.. so .. i'd agree if you said Bchill starts the processes.. and then maybe guides it but i don't see him having real sole power here.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Nope, Wilf is the King. When it all comes down to it, its the owners that make the decisions. If the owner wants a guy, than thats who they will take. Its just that the owners are usually smart enough to hire GMs and VPs to handle those sort of things for them.
    Yeah whatever. Wilf is the owner but Childress is the one putting this gameplan together and making the decisions, he's creating his philosopy in Minnesota because our Owner Ziggy Wilf believes in him, he has given him the reins to direct the show and he will do so.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Yeah whatever. Wilf is the owner but Childress is the one putting this gameplan together and making the decisions, he's creating his philosopy in Minnesota because our Owner Ziggy Wilf believes in him, he has given him the reins to direct the show and he will do so.
    Like I tell Mar, there is no need for Childress to even show up for draft day meetings or the draft with how little pull he apparently has.
    ;D

Realistically though, of course Wilf has the final say as owner.
    But he brought in Childress because he liked him, and since he's an owner with little experience I can only assume he listens to Childress when it comes to football decisions.
    Brad Childress may not give the final word, but I can almost guarantee you he has the biggest percentage of Wilf's decisions.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Marr,
    You're not going to like this. ;D ;D ;D
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmFlbho5FpECulDDr8xGnzRDubYF?slug=ys-nfldecisionmakers040708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Minnesota Vikings: Brad Childress, head coach
    Hired in January 2006, Childress has overseen drafts so far that have produced playmakers Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice.
    I just received some disturbing footage of Marr at work:

[youtube=425,350]oep4mRpmrkQ&feature[/youtube]

Rock out with your cock out!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:
    i can see Marr now... convulsing as he readz this thread/page..

my 2 cents.. Bchill might have the say on what kinda player we want.. (position, level ect. )

the scouts, and mr. B do the player examinations.. deciding on top talent/person desired. then handed over to the big B for contract decisions.. so .. i'd agree if you said Bchill starts the processes.. and then maybe guides it but i don't see him having real sole power here.

DiGiTaL

I don't think Mr. B does the player examinations per se. He is the money whiz & works the contract side of it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

So let me get this straight........Foley isn't the one that chose T-Jack?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast