Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DogPound is offline Rookie

Re: DeAngelo Williams

The "weakness' I have heard is that he does not have "home run" speed...Thats to me is not a bad thing...Look at Curis Martin who never had home run speed or Holmes....I could keep going on those type of players. He has very good vision and patience...both are hard to teach.
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

With all this Deangelo talk...its making it harder day bye day for us to have a chance to get him. I hope Lendale or Deangelo are avaiable.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Deangelo would be sick.. But Maroney is cool too..

Deangelo>Maroney>Lendale

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"DogPound" wrote:
    The "weakness' I have heard is that he does not have "home run" speed...Thats to me is not a bad thing...Look at Curis Martin who never had home run speed or Holmes....I could keep going on those type of players. He has very good vision and patience...both are hard to teach.
    Shaun Alexander doesn't have "homerun speed" either, atleast that's what the analysts say...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

We really don't need a "home run hitter" with Bennett on the team. We need someone who can grind it out between the tackles, whether that be DeAngelo Williams or LenDale White or a FA pickup.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

DeAngelo is the all around player your looking for, should be the top rated RB in the draft, but bush has that speed that people just love, question with him is his ability to run up the gut, in the NFL its hard to run to outside, just ask bennett, good NFL defenses focus on that and shut it down. Williams is so versatle, he does it all making him a more complete back that has proven he's a work horse. I like Lendale White also but not for our offense, he's that big power back, i dont' know what his recieving skills are like cause they used Bush in those situations.

If we where to draft white i could see alot of using him on 1st and 2nd downs then changing it up with mewelde on 3rd down situations. White isn't that full time RB that fits our offense. D.Williams is, as much as i would like to upgrade the oline with the first pick it would be hard to pass up williams. His only knock is his size, but his size is perfect if you ask me. Might not be the biggest target in the passing game, but definitly isn't the easiest guy to tackle either. Teams love RB's, this guy has very little weakness, from his on the field to off the field production he's a grade A RB. Would take alot for him to slip.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    If we where to draft white i could see alot of using him on 1st and 2nd downs then changing it up with mewelde on 3rd down situations. White isn't that full time RB that fits our offense. D.Williams is, as much as i would like to upgrade the oline with the first pick it would be hard to pass up williams. His only knock is his size, but his size is perfect if you ask me. Might not be the biggest target in the passing game, but definitly isn't the easiest guy to tackle either. Teams love RB's, this guy has very little weakness, from his on the field to off the field production he's a grade A RB. Would take alot for him to slip.
    I don't want another RB unless he can run on all 3 downs and the goaline too.

No more of this RB by committee. If that is the case with a new back, I would rather keep the ones we got and find other positions.

All around back or none at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123