Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: DeAngelo Williams

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I havn't seen him run but he's a beast. By far my favorite RB in the draft. I dont know what his line was like but he beasted it for 4 years, after a junior year of almost 2 thousand rushing yards he returned to college for a senior year, shows you a little about his personality. Here's a bit of a discription on his rushing style.

Position: RB Number: 20
    School: Memphis Height: 5'10
    Mock Draft Position: #10 overall by ARI

This is a player at the running back position with every down skills for the next level
    He has the size and plays up to that size, to be an every down back on the collegiate and at the next level, he even plays bigger than his stature in the ability to withstand the punishment inside the tackles and the ability to bounce it to the outside
    He has above average speed that keeps defenses on edge, and he also posses the much needed and looked for short area quickness, or the ability to make defenders miss in relative close areas, it is one trait that separates average runners from the elite runner
    He is at his best when having the ball and being able to pick and choose his holes and using his rare instinctive running style to make plays, he has the bounce and shuffle quick feet you look for in and out of holes and cuts, and keeps defenders off balance
    His skill of catching the football out of the backfield and making things happen is another skill that separates him from most, once he gets into the open field defenders are at such a disadvantage with his quickness and ability to finish off runs
    He even splits out at wide receiver at times which gives you an indication of his skill to catch the ball, and the confidence the coaching staff has has in his hands as well
    He is perfect for a "West Coast" style of offense where he can utilize his variety of skills to help any offense, he could be used like current NFL running back Brian Westbrook, but DeAngelo is a better runner between the tackles and I feel out performs Westbrook in the other facets of the game, which makes him a feature runner at the next level

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=571
    SOLD!!! Now only if he would drop to us!!! The ONLY way that I wouldn't want to draft him is if we signed a STUD RB in FA...and even then, I would have to think hard about not passing him up anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

There haven't been a lot of TALL running backs that have succeeded in the NFL. Marcus Allen wouild be one, and very few others. I'd bet the Vikes would take him IF he falls to #17..., fat chance of that though.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

The great thing about this guy besides running between the tackles is how well he catches the ball, this is west coast material in a big way, if we were to get this guy he'd fit in the offense perfect. He's got far to much going for him to drop to 17, guy is a beast.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I think thiers a real good chance that Deangelo will fall to us...him or Lendale should fall to 17...Most teams before us should be lookin at defense and offensive line. If you look at teams in the NFL, most have a well known back. Deangelo would fit perfect on our team.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"SKOL" wrote:
    There haven't been a lot of TALL running backs that have succeeded in the NFL. Marcus Allen wouild be one, and very few others. I'd bet the Vikes would take him IF he falls to #17..., fat chance of that though.
    I googled Eric D.................He was a great tall runner on a good team (LA) and then was exiled to a bad team (Ind) where he rotted his career numbers away...............

Google:
    The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Dickerson ran the 100-yard dash in 9.4 seconds as a high school student.

Dickerson gained 2,105 rushing yards, 2,244 combined rushing and receiving yards, and rushed for 100 or more yards had in 12 games, all NFL records, in 1984.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

im with cajun! that article :shock: hook, line, and sinker

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

Per Mel Kiper a couple of nights ago talking about Senior Bowl practice Mr. Williams was one of the best if not the best player during practices. So chances of him falling to us at 17 I think are slim.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    5-8 to 5-10 and 205 to 225 is my IDEAL size for an RB...the important thing is does he have the VISION and BURST to be good in the NFL...the rest is unimportant!

Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, Warrick Dunn...the list is endless...all of these guys are not much bigger than DeAngelo Williams...but they could ALL move the chains in their prime! And that is the BOTTOM LINE...can you MOVE THE CHAINS???

Because if you CAN'T, we don't want you!!!

Right on, don't care how big or small you are, if you can run, and move the chains, and score td's, that is all that matters, the rest is irrelevant..

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I havn't seen him run but he's a beast. By far my favorite RB in the draft. I dont know what his line was like but he beasted it for 4 years, after a junior year of almost 2 thousand rushing yards he returned to college for a senior year, shows you a little about his personality. Here's a bit of a discription on his rushing style.

Position: RB Number: 20
    School: Memphis Height: 5'10
    Mock Draft Position: #10 overall by ARI

This is a player at the running back position with every down skills for the next level
    He has the size and plays up to that size, to be an every down back on the collegiate and at the next level, he even plays bigger than his stature in the ability to withstand the punishment inside the tackles and the ability to bounce it to the outside
    He has above average speed that keeps defenses on edge, and he also posses the much needed and looked for short area quickness, or the ability to make defenders miss in relative close areas, it is one trait that separates average runners from the elite runner
    He is at his best when having the ball and being able to pick and choose his holes and using his rare instinctive running style to make plays, he has the bounce and shuffle quick feet you look for in and out of holes and cuts, and keeps defenders off balance
    His skill of catching the football out of the backfield and making things happen is another skill that separates him from most, once he gets into the open field defenders are at such a disadvantage with his quickness and ability to finish off runs
    He even splits out at wide receiver at times which gives you an indication of his skill to catch the ball, and the confidence the coaching staff has has in his hands as well
    He is perfect for a "West Coast" style of offense where he can utilize his variety of skills to help any offense, he could be used like current NFL running back Brian Westbrook, but DeAngelo is a better runner between the tackles and I feel out performs Westbrook in the other facets of the game, which makes him a feature runner at the next level

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=571

Sounds like a great fit for Minny. I don't really know if I like the idea of going with a RB, for our first pick though. IMO, we would have a couple of rb's that aren't really proven at the NFL level, with Fason pretty much taking over Moe's spot, we really shouldn't have another "rookie" rb in the, just stating my opinion...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I like what we got at RB, between Mewelde, Fason and O Smith we have a nice tandem going on. Fason is a good RB, we didn't use him right, but he was the only big body we had near the goal line so we threw him him to wolfs. Fason got to run behind a crappy oline that had 9 defenders in the box, we never got to see him in the next level.

He had a couple nice runs this season then tice would jerk him and i'd be yelling"Keep him in there!" We drafted 3 RB's in three straight years, a couple of them with first round potential, (Osmith and Fason had he stayed for sienor year). Mewelde was just underated. I know peple hate RB by commity but it don't have to be that way unless whoever wins the job out in trainig camp gets injured, as long as our o line is opening up wholes whoever is in at RB will be succesful.

I'm leaning toward taking a O Lineman or a safety early in this draft. Things will be alot clearer after FA is over and done with. There's alot of good players in this draft when pic 17 comes we'll have a whole shlew to pic from.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast