Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DeAngelo Williams

sounds like DeAngelo Williams is a little smaller than thought...measured out at 5'8" and 207 lbs. I still think he could be a good runner, but with the mileage on his tires and the fact that he is actually smaller than Bennett...(yikes)

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: DeAngelo Williams

Jesus! I am taller than him.... and I'm in High school. Not a good thing for him...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

5-8 to 5-10 and 205 to 225 is my IDEAL size for an RB...the important thing is does he have the VISION and BURST to be good in the NFL...the rest is unimportant!

Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, Warrick Dunn...the list is endless...all of these guys are not much bigger than DeAngelo Williams...but they could ALL move the chains in their prime! And that is the BOTTOM LINE...can you MOVE THE CHAINS???

Because if you CAN'T, we don't want you!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I'm 5' 8" but if i weighed 207 and was cut like him i'd be a monster! I never listen to height issues it drives me crazy, him being 5' 8" would probably have zero affect on weather i drafted him or not. Guy probably stays low to ground, preventing him from having knee injuries. Everybody through his whole life has probably doubted him because of his height but so far it hansn't stopped him.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Size is overrated in running backs, IMO. There are plenty of guys that aren't huge but have done very well in the NFL. Small stature doesn't NECESSARILY mean durabilty problems. It can be an indicator, but it isn't a definate.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Being on the shorter side of height can be a good thing for a RB.

They can easily get lost behind those huge OLinemen, and the D players can lose site of them. Even if for a fraction of a second, thats a plus for the runner..

Vision, Strength, Speed are also key ingredients for a solid RB..

But the most important thing is, you have to have a solid OL in front of you......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Size didn't seem to be an issue when he tore it up at Memphis. If the Vikes don't go after a Alexander or other big time RB via free agency, a RB may be the way to go in the 1st round. Right about now ,we're all Mel Kiper !
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I really wishhe falls to us, though the odds of that happening are not good. Can anyone who has seen him play describe his running style?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I havn't seen him run but he's a beast. By far my favorite RB in the draft. I dont know what his line was like but he beasted it for 4 years, after a junior year of almost 2 thousand rushing yards he returned to college for a senior year, shows you a little about his personality. Here's a bit of a discription on his rushing style.

Position: RB Number: 20
    School: Memphis Height: 5'10
    Mock Draft Position: #10 overall by ARI

This is a player at the running back position with every down skills for the next level
    He has the size and plays up to that size, to be an every down back on the collegiate and at the next level, he even plays bigger than his stature in the ability to withstand the punishment inside the tackles and the ability to bounce it to the outside
    He has above average speed that keeps defenses on edge, and he also posses the much needed and looked for short area quickness, or the ability to make defenders miss in relative close areas, it is one trait that separates average runners from the elite runner
    He is at his best when having the ball and being able to pick and choose his holes and using his rare instinctive running style to make plays, he has the bounce and shuffle quick feet you look for in and out of holes and cuts, and keeps defenders off balance
    His skill of catching the football out of the backfield and making things happen is another skill that separates him from most, once he gets into the open field defenders are at such a disadvantage with his quickness and ability to finish off runs
    He even splits out at wide receiver at times which gives you an indication of his skill to catch the ball, and the confidence the coaching staff has has in his hands as well
    He is perfect for a "West Coast" style of offense where he can utilize his variety of skills to help any offense, he could be used like current NFL running back Brian Westbrook, but DeAngelo is a better runner between the tackles and I feel out performs Westbrook in the other facets of the game, which makes him a feature runner at the next level

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=571

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I really wishhe falls to us, though the odds of that happening are not good. Can anyone who has seen him play describe his running style?
    He looks a lot like Julius Jones running IMO. He doesn't really dance around that much, explosive, and he has great vision. Also heard he was a poster boy type player (good guy)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast