Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Day 1 winners and losers

"gregair13" wrote:
    disagree with carolina as a winner. yes they got two very good players, but they hard over paid to trade up for utah.

i think most of the QBs besides ryan and flacco are losers. i guess henne has a chance to start, but brohm really has no chance at being opening day starter. unless rodgers really starts to poo the bed, then brohm is going to be sitting for a long time.
    Carolina acquired Utah???
    Are they gonna rename it Western Carolina?
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I didn't like the Johnson pick at first...but since some mock drafts early on had the Vikes taking Kenny Phillips, the Johnson pick actually looks like it made sense.
    The Vikes got the second best rated Safety in the draft...in the mid second round.
    Not too bad in retrospect. (Though I still wanted them to take Doucet...who will see extensive time on the field as a rookie for whichever team he gets drafted by)

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I didn't like the Johnson pick at first...but since some mock drafts early on had the Vikes taking Kenny Phillips, the Johnson pick actually looks like it made sense.
    The Vikes got the second best rated Safety in the draft...in the mid second round.
    Not too bad in retrospect. (Though I still wanted them to take Doucet...who will see extensive time on the field as a rookie for whichever team he gets drafted by)
    Actually from what I'm read the Vikes had him ranked as the #1 safety on their board.
    So in their eyes they did get the best safety, not bad for the Vikes.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Actually from what I'm read the Vikes had him ranked as the #1 safety on their board.
    So in their eyes they did get the best safety, not bad for the Vikes.
    I hope he ends up as the top safety from his class...it would give some cred to the Sun Belt Conference...the conference that my alma mater plays in.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

As usual the Lions lost.
    I said earlier in the day that Cherilus will be awesome but they could have got him at a lower position in the 1st than they did.

Carolina gave up way too much for their 2nd pick.
    Philly looked great just accepting that deal.

KC and NO seemed to know what they were doing today.

I like our pick

That's all

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Allen was in this draft he'd be the #1 pick, nuff said
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Day 1 winners and loosers

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I agree, signing Allen was pretty big.

At the same time, I would have been more content if we had gone after a TE or QB in round 2. Maybe I am asking too much, but I don't think this team needs yet another safety.
    Square root of 49.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Day 1 winners and loosers

"mewario" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I agree, signing Allen was pretty big.

At the same time, I would have been more content if we had gone after a TE or QB in round 2. Maybe I am asking too much, but I don't think this team needs yet another safety.
    Why do you keep saying this when we have 2 starting safeties (one who is getting old and his contract is up soon), a backup in Boulware who hasn't started in years, and another backup who won't get on the field?
    I'd say Johnson is automatically our 3rd safety and will excel on special teams, and he'll be ready to take over for Sharper either during the season or after it.
    He's not as good as he used to be..
    You are the fast mover on the spread sheet this morning my friend.

Excellent post.

Funny how fans see a FA come in and think automatically they fix things when in fact we brought in one S that fixes things.
    This kid fixes 2 things.
    ST and the long term future at S.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Good stuff my friend.

Maybe your boy will plummet a bit and we will get him in the 5th.
    (Best I can do for you.)
    ;D

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Draft winnners and losers

[size=12pt]NFL draft winners and losers[/size]

NEW YORK – NFL commissioner Roger Goodell promised a “new, streamlined” first round, and when 31 selections were made in just three hours and 30 minutes Saturday, he clearly delivered.

WINNER: Minnesota

In trading a first-round and two third-round picks last week to Kansas City, the Vikings assured themselves a fairly quiet first day of the draft. They wound up stealing highly-regarded defensive back Tyrell Johnson of Arkansas State in the second round, but that was it.

However, landing All-Pro defensive end Jared Allen gave Minnesota a major boost and put the Vikes in position as the team to beat in the NFC North. There was no way they were going to get anyone the value of Allen – who had 15½ sacks last year – with those picks.

Rather than a draft party, owner Zygi Wilf threw a party for the signing of Allen, and thousands of fans showed up.

For a team that needed a pass rush and help in the secondary, the week couldn’t have gone much better.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-winnerslosers042608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast