Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Darrel Jackson released

We just got rid of a receiver that has problems catching the football.
    Why would we want to sign another?
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    So there is someone to blame for our cruddy pass attack other than T-Jack?

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"Schutz" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    We already have Shiancoe and Ferguson for that.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    True, but one more couldn't hurt to make everybody feel better about T-Jack.
    He's going to silence all the critics this year you know, or else it won't be his fault he did crappy and should start again next year.

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

I do believe that the release was for financial reasons. :-\
    I agree with KEVONCOX's statement...

"When healthy he is better than"

Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

If the price was right I'd feel pretty good about signing D Jack, but with Berrian now on our squad I certainly feel better about the receiving corps than in the last couple years!

"ragz" wrote:
    some of you guys are crazy.
    it doesn't strike you as strange that the niners, whose wrs have been about as bad as ours the last 3 years, are giving up on this guy a year after they gave up a 4th round pick for him?
    who do they have there now; i.bruce, a.battle, a.lelie, and adding b.johnson?
    doesn't exactly strike fear into you, and they are just gonna dump this guy?
    something is not right there, not to mention we dont need em cuz the wr position seems pretty set barring injuries or a rookie emergence.

and what's with all the berrian dogging?
    he's a young player who has shown major progression over the last 2 years.
    this talk about him being a 3rd wr and so on and so forth is ridiculous.
    if he ends up our 3rd wr chances are our passing game blows again.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Anyone got a site for dropped passes, cuz I'm pretty sure DJack is right up there with TWill at the top of the list.
    Add his injuries the past several years, and I will disagree.
    I would rather have Wade, Allison, and Fergy on skill alone...then, add that they already know the system.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    True, but one more couldn't hurt to make everybody feel better about T-Jack.
    He's going to silence all the critics this year you know, or else it won't be his fault he did crappy and should start again next year.
    OK, we all know that you don't like TJack... But do you really have to make every thread in to a personal crusade against him?
    He may not be the best right now, but he is the best we have and the best that is out there for the Vikings in 2008. Time to accept it and move on...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    it doesn't strike you as strange that the niners, whose wrs have been about as bad as ours the last 3 years, are giving up on this guy a year after they gave up a 4th round pick for him?
    something is not right there, not to mention we dont need em cuz the wr position seems pretty set barring injuries or a rookie emergence.

Since your ban we seem to have moved into a "Hey they released him and I hate what we have so lets go get him"
    wave around here.
    Probably was a around before but I seem to think it is a bit worse this year.

I like to ask them the following question........

Who do you think will get cut as we only carry 5 WR's.

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

Usually shuts them up for a bit until the next guy gets cut because he is a sack of pooh that couldn't make it on the other teams squad.
    When healthy he is better than

Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

You take your pick. I'm one of those people that don't care who is on the roster. the purpose of FA is to improve your team and fill out roster deadspot. You souldn't wait till you need a WR to look at improving.
    When Djack is he's better than Wade or Ferg. Allison has shown he can return a kick and not much more. I wouldn't be upset at getting rid of any of the the 3 if this guy is healthy.
    I know you love Ferge because he blocks
    : good thing he's a WR and that's his main duty.
    Wade is average. Just the defination of average. Does nothing great but doesn't do anything poorly.
    I think we all where purple shades and think these guys are better than we think.

I agree with kevoncox here, Alot of you guys just love who we have, not because we have grea players, but because they have grown on you and you've learned to like them.
    I lol whenever i see someone say

Well, we have Berrian, Rice, Wade, Ferg and Allison, that looks like a pretty promising group of recievers.

It doesn't it looks like a pretty sad group of recievers.
    the first 2 are alright, Wade is nothing special either Ferg won't do too much and Allison hasn't shown anything except that he can return a kick.

If you are truly content going into a season with that group of recievers, then good for you, but if there is an uprade out there, why not take it.
    If it means cutting someone like Ferg or Allison, then so be it.
    Everyone remember Jason Carter?
    I'm sure if Berrian was available last season, people would be saying something along the lines of "don't take berrian, it will take away from carters playing time, or we might have to cut him to make room on our roster."

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Anyone got a site for dropped passes, cuz I'm pretty sure DJack is right up there with TWill at the top of the list.
    Add his injuries the past several years, and I will disagree.
    I would rather have Wade, Allison, and Fergy on skill alone...then, add that they already know the system.
    Yes.

http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

DJack was targeted 104 times, and dropped 7.
    Rate of 6.7%.
    Twill was targeted 38 times, and dropped 4. Rate of 10.5%.

Both are too high to be a viable WR IMHO, although TWill's is definitely higher.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

Since your ban we seem to have moved into a "Hey they released him and I hate what we have so lets go get him"
    wave around here.
    Probably was a around before but I seem to think it is a bit worse this year.

I like to ask them the following question........

Who do you think will get cut as we only carry 5 WR's.

BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

Usually shuts them up for a bit until the next guy gets cut because he is a sack of pooh that couldn't make it on the other teams squad.
    When healthy he is better than

Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

You take your pick. I'm one of those people that don't care who is on the roster. the purpose of FA is to improve your team and fill out roster deadspot. You souldn't wait till you need a WR to look at improving.
    When Djack is he's better than Wade or Ferg. Allison has shown he can return a kick and not much more. I wouldn't be upset at getting rid of any of the the 3 if this guy is healthy.
    I know you love Ferge because he blocks
    : good thing he's a WR and that's his main duty.
    Wade is average. Just the defination of average. Does nothing great but doesn't do anything poorly.
    I think we all where purple shades and think these guys are better than we think.

I agree with kevoncox here, Alot of you guys just love who we have, not because we have grea players, but because they have grown on you and you've learned to like them.
    I lol whenever i see someone say

Well, we have Berrian, Rice, Wade, Ferg and Allison, that looks like a pretty promising group of recievers.

It doesn't it looks like a pretty sad group of recievers.
    the first 2 are alright, Wade is nothing special either Ferg won't do too much and Allison hasn't shown anything except that he can return a kick.

If you are truly content going into a season with that group of recievers, then good for you, but if there is an uprade out there, why not take it.
    If it means cutting someone like Ferg or Allison, then so be it.
    Everyone remember Jason Carter?
    I'm sure if Berrian was available last season, people would be saying something along the lines of "don't take berrian, it will take away from carters playing time, or we might have to cut him to make room on our roster."
    Were is there an upgrade to what we have?

Seems as though if the guys in the FA market were that good, teams that need WR's would have snatched them up by now (ala Hackett).
    Gotta be a reason why teams aren't signing him.

As for our WR's......

I kindof look at them as a small group that is a part of the team.
    When you put all the guys together and look at what they can do as a group, yes I am very comfortable going into the season with them.
    Does that mean I wouldn't love to see a Randy Moss (for Berrian) or a Welker (for Wade), sure I would, but again, I ask, who is out there better than what we have that is availbable right now.

By the way, who would you cut...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast