Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61
  1. #11
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    Not gonna happen

  2. #12
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    some of you guys are crazy.
    it doesn't strike you as strange that the niners, whose wrs have been about as bad as ours the last 3 years, are giving up on this guy a year after they gave up a 4th round pick for him?
    who do they have there now; i.bruce, a.battle, a.lelie, and adding b.johnson?
    doesn't exactly strike fear into you, and they are just gonna dump this guy?
    something is not right there, not to mention we dont need em cuz the wr position seems pretty set barring injuries or a rookie emergence.


    and what's with all the berrian dogging?
    he's a young player who has shown major progression over the last 2 years.
    this talk about him being a 3rd wr and so on and so forth is ridiculous.
    if he ends up our 3rd wr chances are our passing game blows again.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  3. #13
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    At this point we got rid of the one receiver that we knew was going to continue to do nothing for us: Troy Williamson. Otherwise we have Ferguson (great run blocker and occasional, though rare, playmaker), Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison (2nd year players with a lot room for growth and improvement), Bobby Wade (never going to be a big playmaker, but more of a poor man's Wes Welker who can get you out of tough situations) and Bernard Berrian (competent veteran and deep threat).

    As far as I'm concerned this is a well-rounded receiving corps, and I frankly don't see where Jackson would fit in. He may be able to beat out Ferguson and Allison, but so what? I'd still rather have Fergie out there paving the way for AD, and who knows how good Allison is going to be. Jackson is never going to be better than he already was, but both Allison and Rice could be better than Jackson ever was. He's not worth the time, effort, or money on this team.

  4. #14
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    "The" wrote:
    At this point we got rid of the one receiver that we knew was going to continue to do nothing for us: Troy Williamson. Otherwise we have Ferguson (great run blocker and occasional, though rare, playmaker), Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison (2nd year players with a lot room for growth and improvement), Bobby Wade (never going to be a big playmaker, but more of a poor man's Wes Welker who can get you out of tough situations) and Bernard Berrian (competent veteran and deep threat).

    As far as I'm concerned this is a well-rounded receiving corps, and I frankly don't see where Jackson would fit in. He may be able to beat out Ferguson and Allison, but so what? I'd still rather have Fergie out there paving the way for AD, and who knows how good Allison is going to be. Jackson is never going to be better than he already was, but both Allison and Rice could be better than Jackson ever was. He's not worth the time, effort, or money on this team.
    exactly.
    this is my point.
    if san fran don't feel like he's even worth bringing to camp, what purpose would we have for him?
    now if he was a washed up backup qb, chances are we'd be all over him.
    or if this was 3 years ago when we had marcus robinson, mcmullen, and travis taylor, maybe.
    but now we have some guys we could be excited about, so if they are gonna add, draft some young guys that might end up surprising or being on the practice squad for the year.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    "ragz" wrote:
    some of you guys are crazy.
    it doesn't strike you as strange that the niners, whose wrs have been about as bad as ours the last 3 years, are giving up on this guy a year after they gave up a 4th round pick for him?
    who do they have there now; i.bruce, a.battle, a.lelie, and adding b.johnson?
    doesn't exactly strike fear into you, and they are just gonna dump this guy?
    something is not right there, not to mention we dont need em cuz the wr position seems pretty set barring injuries or a rookie emergence.


    and what's with all the berrian dogging?
    he's a young player who has shown major progression over the last 2 years.
    this talk about him being a 3rd wr and so on and so forth is ridiculous.
    if he ends up our 3rd wr chances are our passing game blows again.

    Since your ban we seem to have moved into a "Hey they released him and I hate what we have so lets go get him"
    wave around here.
    Probably was a around before but I seem to think it is a bit worse this year.

    I like to ask them the following question........

    Who do you think will get cut as we only carry 5 WR's.

    BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

    Usually shuts them up for a bit until the next guy gets cut because he is a sack of shit that couldn't make it on the other teams squad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Since your ban we seem to have moved into a "Hey they released him and I hate what we have so lets go get him"
    wave around here.
    Probably was a around before but I seem to think it is a bit worse this year.

    LOL! It gets worse every year. I think we are down to the 3rd post now in any new thread about a player getting cut or released before you hear words like "He's a beast, we should sign him".

    On a good note though, there are far less members posting a players "Madden rating" as justification as to why we should sign him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Since your ban we seem to have moved into a "Hey they released him and I hate what we have so lets go get him"
    wave around here.
    Probably was a around before but I seem to think it is a bit worse this year.

    LOL! It gets worse every year. I think we are down to the 3rd post now in any new thread about a player getting cut or released before you hear words like "He's a beast, we should sign him".

    On a good note though, there are far less members posting a players "Madden rating" as justification as to why we should sign him.
    I kindof beat that to death didn't I.

    I still ask it everyonce in awhile though.
    Try to stay away from it though as we have some die hard Madden gamers on here who actually post some pretty decent football stuff.


    Gotta respect that. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    PAvikesfan's Avatar
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    I say grab em...
    the only person that would have more upside on our team then would be Rice if DJ is signed...

  9. #19
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    some of you guys are crazy.
    it doesn't strike you as strange that the niners, whose wrs have been about as bad as ours the last 3 years, are giving up on this guy a year after they gave up a 4th round pick for him?
    who do they have there now; i.bruce, a.battle, a.lelie, and adding b.johnson?
    doesn't exactly strike fear into you, and they are just gonna dump this guy?
    something is not right there, not to mention we dont need em cuz the wr position seems pretty set barring injuries or a rookie emergence.


    and what's with all the berrian dogging?
    he's a young player who has shown major progression over the last 2 years.
    this talk about him being a 3rd wr and so on and so forth is ridiculous.
    if he ends up our 3rd wr chances are our passing game blows again.

    Since your ban we seem to have moved into a "Hey they released him and I hate what we have so lets go get him"
    wave around here.
    Probably was a around before but I seem to think it is a bit worse this year.

    I like to ask them the following question........

    Who do you think will get cut as we only carry 5 WR's.

    BB
    Rice
    Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

    Usually shuts them up for a bit until the next guy gets cut because he is a sack of pooh that couldn't make it on the other teams squad.
    When healthy he is better than

    Wade
    Ferg
    Allison

    You take your pick. I'm one of those people that don't care who is on the roster. the purpose of FA is to improve your team and fill out roster deadspot. You souldn't wait till you need a WR to look at improving.
    When Djack is he's better than Wade or Ferg. Allison has shown he can return a kick and not much more. I wouldn't be upset at getting rid of any of the the 3 if this guy is healthy.
    I know you love Ferge because he blocks
    : good thing he's a WR and that's his main duty.
    Wade is average. Just the defination of average. Does nothing great but doesn't do anything poorly.
    I think we all where purple shades and think these guys are better than we think.


  10. #20
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Darrel Jackson released

    well if its true that were interested in peppers, then any other FA addition would be put on hold since the financial blow a deal like that would be
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Grady Jackson released
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 07:03 PM
  2. Bennett released
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 03:10 AM
  3. Darrel Jackson-F*&ker and conflict of interest tonight
    By PAvikesfan in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 11:07 PM
  4. Walker Released
    By Vikes4Life in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 09:33 AM
  5. Chapman Released
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 11:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •