Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Da'Quan Bowers at the 12th pick?

[/quote]If he's there at 12, I want us to go for him. It's not a need, but he would be the BPA.[/quote]

But i think that hearing a guy's knee is shot is something that shouldnt be taken lightly at all. I would much rather pass him up, take a QB like Gabbert, and find out that he is the second coming of Jared Allen than to take him and have him be another E. James as was pointed out earlier.

there are risks worth taking in the first round, and with the obvious need at QB, Bowers isn't one.

though taking a guy with an "injury problem" isn't always a bad idea. 6 teams passed up on Adrian Peterson because they were worried about his collarbone and overall durability. i think we all agree that drafting him was one of the biggest successes (luckiest shots) of the last 10-15 years for the Vikings.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

If he's there at 12, I want us to go for him. It's not a need, but he would be the BPA.[/quote]

But i think that hearing a guy's knee is shot is something that shouldnt be taken lightly at all. I would much rather pass him up, take a QB like Gabbert, and find out that he is the second coming of Jared Allen than to take him and have him be another E. James as was pointed out earlier.

there are risks worth taking in the first round, and with the obvious need at QB, Bowers isn't one.

though taking a guy with an "injury problem" isn't always a bad idea. 6 teams passed up on Adrian Peterson because they were worried about his collarbone and overall durability. i think we all agree that drafting him was one of the biggest successes (luckiest shots) of the last 10-15 years for the Vikings.[/quote]

I don't trust injury reports from a couple of unnamed sources when there are 30 other teams that haven't said the same, Dr. Andrews gave him a good prognosis, and he put up decent numbers at a pro day after that kind of layoff and lack of preparation.

If the knee were actually that bad, he wouldn't be in the top 15 anymore.

Regardless, as I said before there is risk, but I think a guy who records 16 sacks as a junior and just turned 21 is worth taking a risk on.

Mr Anderson Wrote
    I don't trust injury reports from a couple of unnamed sources when there are 30 other teams that haven't said the same, Dr. Andrews gave him a good prognosis, and he put up decent numbers at a pro day after that kind of layoff and lack of preparation.
    you have a good point. Dr. Andrews has proven himself to be the top athletic surgeon right now.

but then comes the need. If he's healthy, Bowers would be a great addition to any team. but i think that the need right now for this team is of QB and there are plenty to take a chance on in this draft.

I'm usually a big fan of just taking the BPA but this team could really go somewhere with the right signal caller.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1094190
    Mr Anderson Wrote
    you have a good point. Dr. Andrews has proven himself to be the top athletic surgeon right now.

but then comes the need. If he's healthy, Bowers would be a great addition to any team. but i think that the need right now for this team is of QB and there are plenty to take a chance on in this draft.

I'm usually a big fan of just taking the BPA but this team could really go somewhere with the right signal caller.
    Our medical dept did a good job on AD when they cleared him to be drafted. If they have had a chance to check him out and they believe he is fit, I trust them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094194
    Mr Anderson Wrote

Our medical dept did a good job on AD when they cleared him to be drafted. If they have had a chance to check him out and they believe he is fit, I trust them.
    umm... a collarbone break is a bit less serious than a bum knee

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094201
    Mr Anderson Wrote

So you think our medical staff is only good at looking at minor injuries and doesn't have a clue when it comes to majory injuries?

I guess I could live with that but my guess is that our medical staff is pretty well funded based on the $$$$ that the ownership group is investing in people.

Again, if they pick Da'Quan, I will be happy with the idea that our medical staff cleared him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094204
    Mr Anderson Wrote

So you think our medical staff is only good at looking at minor injuries and doesn't have a clue when it comes to majory injuries?
    Umm.. how did you get that? You have no idea what the Vikigns training staff thinks. They cleared AD, as a collarbone break is something that you can easily come back from. A wrecked knee is only a tad bit more idfficult to overcome, and they'll take that into account.

The thing is, Draft 'experts' don't have medical staffs.
    They run their mock drafts and usually will have less medical experience than people here. In some cases, people here are MUCH more qualified to comment than they are.
    Again, if they pick Da'Quan, I will be happy with the idea that our medical staff cleared him.
    I won't, because I see that as another wasted pick, like the Toby pick. Drafting a player we don't need, and in this case, is coming off a serious knee injury which can greatly impact how he plays the game.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094208
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094204
    Mr Anderson Wrote

Umm.. how did you get that? You have no idea what the Vikigns training staff thinks. They cleared AD, as a collarbone break is something that you can easily come back from. A wrecked knee is only a tad bit more idfficult to overcome, and they'll take that into account.

The thing is, Draft 'experts' don't have medical staffs.
    They run their mock drafts and usually will have less medical experience than people here. In some cases, people here are MUCH more qualified to comment than they are.
    I won't, because I see that as another wasted pick, like the Toby pick. Drafting a player we don't need, and in this case, is coming off a serious knee injury which can greatly impact how he plays the game.

I agree another DE would be a wasted pick assuming Griffin and Robison are ready to take on Ray Edward's role. However I wouldn't be surprised if we go with someone like Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt and try to move him inside. It seems they definitely want that pass rush to improve coming into 2011. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Williams becomes Pat's replacement at the zero tech. Although its not a good idea its a possibility, and even though it takes away from Kevin's production, it gives us 4 players on the line that can rush the QB and the way the league is built nowadays, it just might work.
    None

absolutely, i wasn't trying to say that bowers will be the DE version of AD. I'm not for them drafting this guy.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1094233
    absolutely, i wasn't trying to say that bowers will be the DE version of AD. I'm not for them drafting this guy.
    I don't think the collarbone was the question mark for Peterson. It was his injury history and frequency of those injuries.

He was hurt frequently in college, but only missed one game with an ankle sprain prior to breaking his collar bone.

Bowers injured the same right knee in 2009, missing 3 games with a sprain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast