Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Da'Quan Bowers at the 12th pick?

That's what the latest rumors are suggesting.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5189

- How far will Da’Quan Bowers fall? Not as far as many are predicting. Sources have told us if they can’t come away with either Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert look for the Minnesota Vikings to grab the junior defensive end with the 12th pick of the draft.

They aren't the only one going the DE route for our pick either

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-7383.html

• From a number of sources I have spoke with the Vikings seem to have a significant interest in a defensive end in the first round. The three names that keep coming up are Ryan Kerrigan, Da’Quan Bowers and Robert Quinn.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Da'Quan Bowers at the 12th pick?

It's definitely a strong DE class.

If they're confident that his knee is OK, there's no way they let him past us. Bowers has tape like no other DE in this class... the guy's a beast.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/12/reports-bowers-medical-recheck-revealed-long-term-issues/

“He will have future problems because the damage is too bad,” one unnamed NFL executive told Nawrocki. Said another high-ranking official, “Our doctors said (Bowers) would be lucky to play out his rookie contract.”

I think that that article is enough to scare anyone from drafting a guy in the first round.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Please god no. A, he's injured, and b, DE isn't that huge of a need for us.

Remembe,r we have Allen, and Griffen, who was projected as high as a first/second rounder. I think we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094141
    Please god no. A, he's injured, and b, DE isn't that huge of a need for us.

Remembe,r we have Allen, and Griffen, who was projected as high as a first/second rounder. I think we'll be fine.
    dont forget about Robison. Even if he isn't a better player than Griffen, he will definitely not miss playing time because he's in jail...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094139

If they're confident that his knee is OK, there's no way they let him past us. Bowers has tape like no other DE in this class... the guy's a beast.
    :silly: He only had 1 good year. There are plenty of guys with better tape. hell if Quinn didn't get suspended, Bowers would be the 2nd guy off the boards.

Also, if they pass on a QB and miss and Bowers knee is the 2nd coming of
    E. James. I want the FO fired because good De's will be available in the 2nd because of a rush on QBs.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Not impressed with Bowers on tape however i think he will end up in the middle of the first round..

Right now i don't see him falling past the Lions at 13..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I've seen his pro day highlites a couple times now.
    It's shocking. He looked terrible. I think his knee is shot.
    He was asked how he felt his pro day went and answered that he thought it went well.
    I would not draft this guy.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I, for one, don't see us looking at a DE, atleast not in the first or second round. If they look to this class, they can find some nice LDE's after the 4th round.

If the do go here, I think (and hope) son of Jordon might be the guy.

Rationale (Bleed Caine, this rationale is opinion based and isn't based on facts. I apologize):

a. Everson Griffen.

What would adding another youngster to the roster fix? Griff is one of the freaks of nature that has a speadsters body in a LDE frame.

b. Everson Griffen.

Did I mention how well he did when he finally got on the field. Pagac had him lining up at LDE in the base, RDE and DT in passing situations.

c. Everson Griffen.

Is there the whole legal issue that needs to be straightened out? Yes, but at this point, we have the same issue with a few other players as well. Until I hear he won't be on the field at all this year, I am going on the assumption that they have their future LDE (Griff) and the situational guy (Rob) behind him.

Besides, I am starting to think they might be committed to trying to sign Ray. Doesn't mean it is going to get done, but it is a sign that maybe they have money to invest at that spot and another Vet might be in the mix instead of a rook.

Again, just my lowly thoughts and opinions. Nothing factual about them my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094145
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094139

:silly: He only had 1 good year. There are plenty of guys with better tape. hell if Quinn didn't get suspended, Bowers would be the 2nd guy off the boards.
    So you've already eliminated Quinn. Who has better?
    Watt?
    Cameron Jordan?
    Clayborn?
    Aldon Smith?

Bowers had as many sacks in 2010 as those guys had in their college career. The only guy who put up numbers like his at DE was Ryan Kerrigan.

Bowers was debatably the #1 overall pick a couple of months ago. A lot of this knee talk is smoke screens. There are as many reports saying otherwise.

He did look slow and out of shape at his pro-day, but still ran a 4.4 in the short shuttle, 6.9 in the 3-cone, jumped 34.5" and 9'2" and ran 4.9 in the 40. None of those numbers are elite by any means, but after such a long layoff from football and only doing rehab work on the knee, it's impressive.

If the knee were really that bad, he'd have dropped off of everyone's boards and he clearly hasn't. Right now there's more disinformation out there than there is truth. We don't know what the combine recheck actually said. We just know what his agent stated, what Dr. Andrews stated, and that he hasn't dropped out of the first round, or even the top 15.

There is certainly risk in picking him, but his upside is tremendous. When healthy he was quick off the ball and his flexibility allows him to get low and beat people on the edge rush. He has good natural hand skills and an ability to get opponents off balance and bull rush them. With NFL coaching, good health, and some experience against NFL competition he could be an elite pass rusher.

If he's there at 12, I want us to go for him. It's not a need, but he would be the BPA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast