Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Cutler Top QB in Draft???

[size=18px]Cutler looks like top QB in draft[/size]
    Insider
    By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=2307306&action= login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com %2fnfl%2fdraft06%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcol umnist%3dmortensen_chris%26id%3d2307306

Let's get something straight right off the mark. This is not a knock against Matt Leinart or Vince Young. This also is not a knock against my colleague and friend Mel Kiper Jr., our ESPN draft scout, who does a terrific job.

However, this I'm pretty sure about: Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt is the best quarterback available for the NFL draft come April.

I am not alone. A bunch of NFL scouts are whispering the same thing during Senior Bowl week in Mobile, Ala. Some of those even will put out some "negatives" on Cutler deliberately in hopes that he'll drop a little in the draft. It's not going to work.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Cutler Top QB in Draft???

I've been saying for a while now I think he will surpass Young. I think Young will slide to the Lions who will have no choice but to pick him.

Cutler, if he makes himself more approachable, more open to the teams to the publlic, and manages to perform well......

Then he will be drafted as the #2 QB in the draft.

Good showings in events after the NCAA season are what got A. Smith the #1 spot and a truckload of cash. It is also what got A. Rodgers who was a potential #1 bumped way down to cheeseville with peanuts for pay compared to Smith.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I've been saying for a while now I think he will surpass Young. I think Young will slide to the Lions who will have no choice but to pick him.

Cutler, if he makes himself more approachable, more open to the teams to the publlic, and manages to perform well......

Good showings in events after the NCAA season are what got A. Smith the #1 spot and a truckload of cash. It is also what got A. Rodgers who was a potential #1 bumped way down to cheeseville with peanuts for pay compared to Smith.
    The Lions that are giving Joey another shot?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vince Young could be the next big thing...or the next Andre Ware...for the Lions! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

The Lions that are giving Joey another shot?
    So they say.

I imagine that if when they come to the board to choose and see Vince Young sitting there, their hand will be forced and they will have to pick him.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

Del,

Even you and I had some talks on the Young draft situation before. I still believe Young will go in the top four picks.

But reading more about Cutler and this stock in him that isn't getting a real lot of talk, makes one wonder....

I would agree with you at this time, there is a possibility of Cutler going as the 2nd QB drafted and Young being taken by the Lions..

I'm still going to say, I think Young will get picked 3rd in the draft...
    But easily could be bumped down to #9.....

Does this meen I owe you that Cheesburger?...LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Del Rio Guest

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Del,

Even you and I had some talks on the Young draft situation before. I still believe Young will go in the top four picks.

But reading more about Cutler and this stock in him that isn't getting a real lot of talk, makes one wonder....

I would agree with you at this time, there is a possibility of Cutler going as the 2nd QB drafted and Young being taken by the Lions..

I'm still going to say, I think Young will get picked 3rd in the draft...
    But easily could be bumped down to #9.....

Does this meen I owe you that Cheesburger?...LOL
    Possibly Ned, time will tell. I may owe you a Cheeseburger when all is said and done. It is the Wager of the century, the stakes are far to high for mere mortals to understand. :grin:

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'm inclined not to believe ANYTHING that is said about the upcoming draft class this time of year, for the reasons that are becoming so apparent now. Most of the time people are talking in code about the players they like or dislike. Who's to say Cutler is being talked up purely on his abilities? Surely there's a team or three out there rubbing their hands together that this means D'Brickshaw Ferguson or Vince Young could fall into their hands as a result of this constant talk about Cutler? Don't get me wrong, I'm not disputing his reputation or ability.. He must be a VERY GOOD Quarterback to even be mentioned as a first-round pick, let alone the top half, but until the players are actually picked and are holding up that jersey and wearing the cap (and not even then in the cases of Eli Manning and John Elway) do I believe a single word about where a player will go in the draft.

Remember last year when people thought Aaron Rodgers would go #1? Then he plummeted and is now the "heir apparent" to Brett Favre at the Pack.

That being said; I don't think Vince Young will drop out of the top 10, or go to the Lions. I've got him as a lock for the Titans on the basis that Steve McNair only has a few seasons left in him, and he's a MASSIVE fan and confidant of Vince.. So McNair will push for the Titans to grab Young to succeed him. Unless something extraordinary happens and the Saints take Young, in which case the Titans will take Leinart because of the Norm Chow connection.

This draft bidness sure is complicated!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Vince Young could be the next big thing...or the next Andre Ware...for the Lions! :lol:
    andre ware is right, or charlie batch, or those other loosers they drafted i forget their names. lets put it this way, detroit doesn't know how to draft players i think they will grab a running back, quarterback, or receiver cause they are just dumb.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

tylersieve is offline Starter

no they know how to draft player...the best players...the best college player..take a look at the players they drafted..top knock..in college
    Sieveinator Strikes Agian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast