Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: CUTLER MR. "OVER" HYPED

I agree. Over-hyped. Until he's a complete success in the NFL, and I'm proved otherwise, I don't buy it. Too many "quality-NFL ready" players end up tankin' it in the pros. If the Vikes end up getting Cutler, and he turns out to be the next Montana, great!! Otherwise, I'll wait and see.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Like i stated in the 15 other threads about Cutler, I am a fan of him. He didnt have a lot of weapons, but was still able to impress scouts with his ablities.
    With that hwoever i feel like we could be discussing that in another thread, one whic was already created.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    Can anyone explain to me why you are so HIGH on CUTLER? What has he displayed that illustrates that he is worthy of a top 10 pick. Better yet, if he came out last year, where would he be drafted. Third round?
    Last year?! Last year he would have been the #1 pick! Since when was last year's draft so deep? Alex Smith was the #1 pick, and he's terrible!
    WHAT! He wouldn't have been a Day 1 pick last year.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    Can anyone explain to me why you are so HIGH on CUTLER? What has he displayed that illustrates that he is worthy of a top 10 pick. Better yet, if he came out last year, where would he be drafted. Third round?
    Last year?! Last year he would have been the #1 pick! Since when was last year's draft so deep? Alex Smith was the #1 pick, and he's terrible!
    And you say this....why? Right now he's being ranked up just behind Vince Young and a few of the scouts say he's better than Leinart (which I DON'T agree with, but I do think he's better than Young). Last year we had Alex Smith taken at #1 and Aaron Rodgers taken at #20-something by the Packers. You're telling me that Cutler isn't as good as Smith or Rodgers?

chilifoot is offline Starter

i think cutler's overhyped too.... but all these guys are, because let's face it, until they actually start taking hits from NFL players week in and week out, they're still just college boys... even lienart, who supposedly is the most NFL-ready QB, will not make an impact for whoever drafts him until next season at best....

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    This whay I am talking about. Everyone just quotes what the so called experts say. The more we talk about random players the more the climb the draft. Almost nothing to do with Field Play. I have seen him play. Truth be told, he was just OK. Nothing special. I remember seeing Shaun Alexander play at Alabama and saying that guy is special. I did not need for ESPN to tell me so. DO NOT believe the HYPE, Cutler has not shown in college anything that make him special. Some might argue, he had no Talent. Again, I disagree, neither did Eli Manning but, his field play was great. IF Cutler was so good his FIELD Play should do his talking not ESPN.
    While I respect your opinon, what makes you more qualified to evaulate future performance in the NFL than all the scouts and sports analysts who seem to think he warrents a first round pick? Personally, while I love the sport and am admitedly obsessive about the Vikings, I know that there are others out there who are simply better judges of talent than me. I am not going to blindly accept anything the "experts" tell me, but I do lend some weight to their opinions.
    Good post nodak. From what I have seen of him, he looks good. Thats why I like him. I don't think he is better than Leinart though like some people do but he is definantly a top 10 pick IMO.
    My point gentlemen is this. We are often spoon feed by the media who should be selected. You ask what makes me more qualified than the so qualified experts. I will not even argue that I know more about football than SCOUTS. I will let them speak for themselves. "I'm almost positive Cutler won't pan out as a legitimate NFL starter," said one NFL scout. "But what if by some freak occurrence he does and we passed on him? That's not a risk I'm willing to take." "Jay is definitely this year's example of one of those under-the-radar type of players who comes out of nowhere and suddenly becomes a trendy pick to go ahead of players long thought to be far superior prospects," said a New England Patriots scout. "Of course, 99 times out of 100 those players end up being total and complete busts, but there are those in this league intrigued by a chance to catch lightning in a bottle.

Its not like you have to have a PHD in football, play the game or anything else to WRITE someone is great. Cutler has wowed scouts at the NFL combine with his strength, speed, and jumping ability Ð physical attributes that have overshadowed his 11-34 career record at Vanderbilt, including numerous losses to low-level programs.

His highly touted Senior Bowl included going 6-19 in the actual game. At Vanderbilt, Cutler completed 49%, 57%, 61%, and 59%.
    Far from good enough for a team to draft him in the top 10, let alone the top 5.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    And you say this....why? Right now he's being ranked up just behind Vince Young and a few of the scouts say he's better than Leinart (which I DON'T agree with, but I do think he's better than Young). Last year we had Alex Smith taken at #1 and Aaron Rodgers taken at #20-something by the Packers. You're telling me that Cutler isn't as good as Smith or Rodgers?
    No, he's better than Smith AND Rodgers, without a doubt. But at this time last year he was a 5th or 6th round pick. Try to find an old mock draft or maybe some old topics in a forum.

SheyD11285 is offline Rookie

When I watched him play he reminded me of Brett Favre (a younger version) and I said man if we didn't have Daunte! I like the guy but we can't give away the draft for him. I'd love to have him in purple.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I want him he reminds me of a Ben Reothlisberger someone who is not that well known but can suceed in the next level. Other then Matt Leinart and everyone else. I think he can do a great job hope to see him in purple which I think he will be in.

Formerly Viking24

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Hes gettin all this hype becuz thier is only a certain amount of "good" QB's comin outta college, and he is one of them. Hes just getting his dues finally.Matt, Vince, Cutler is the list IMO and I think he has all the tools to succeed at the next level. I trust that Childress knows what he wants and knows what to do with what he wants.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast