Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CUTLER MR. "OVER" HYPED

Can anyone explain to me why you are so HIGH on CUTLER? What has he displayed that illustrates that he is worthy of a top 10 pick. Better yet, if he came out last year, where would he be drafted. Third round?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: CUTLER MR. "OVER" HYPED

Check one of the dozen threads about him.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

From http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/jaycutler.html

Strengths:
    Has a very strong arm...Good size...Pretty good athlete who is able to move a little...Sports a quick delivery with good accuracy...Patient player who will go through his progressions...Tough guy who will hang in the pocket and take a hit...Throws well on the move...Strong and durable with a lot of experience...A team leader with top intangibles...A gamer who comes up big in the clutch.

Weaknesses:
    Mechanics will still get pretty dodgy at times...Footwork is very eratic...Will take unnecessary risks and make some bad decisions...His gunslinging mentality can morph into recklessness...Has too much confidence in his arm at times...Struggles throwing the deep ball...Has not had a lot of success at the college level from a team perspective...Body has taken a lot of punishment throughout his career.

Notes:
    Never received a lot of national attention but was named preseason All-SEC...Has the physical tools and makeup to succeed at the next level...With the lack of top signal callers available don't be surprised if Cutler goes off the board very early.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Great combine and workouts. Supposed "intangibles." Performing as well as he did despite being surrounded by what-was-dubbed-as not the best support around him.

As far as I know, anyway.

Blog Entries

I think people are high on him because he looks to be a very good fit into a WCO, at least on paper. With Minnesota moving to the WCO, and no QB of the future on deck, he would be a welcome addition.

Why do you think he is overrated? National attention, or the lack there of, is not always an indicator of NFL success.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

This whay I am talking about. Everyone just quotes what the so called experts say. The more we talk about random players the more the climb the draft. Almost nothing to do with Field Play. I have seen him play. Truth be told, he was just OK. Nothing special. I remember seeing Shaun Alexander play at Alabama and saying that guy is special. I did not need for ESPN to tell me so. DO NOT believe the HYPE, Cutler has not shown in college anything that make him special. Some might argue, he had no Talent. Again, I disagree, neither did Eli Manning but, his field play was great. IF Cutler was so good his FIELD Play should do his talking not ESPN.

michiganvike is offline Rookie

im undecided on this one, i guess we'll just have to wait and see

Blog Entries

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    This whay I am talking about. Everyone just quotes what the so called experts say. The more we talk about random players the more the climb the draft. Almost nothing to do with Field Play. I have seen him play. Truth be told, he was just OK. Nothing special. I remember seeing Shaun Alexander play at Alabama and saying that guy is special. I did not need for ESPN to tell me so. DO NOT believe the HYPE, Cutler has not shown in college anything that make him special. Some might argue, he had no Talent. Again, I disagree, neither did Eli Manning but, his field play was great. IF Cutler was so good his FIELD Play should do his talking not ESPN.
    While I respect your opinon, what makes you more qualified to evaulate future performance in the NFL than all the scouts and sports analysts who seem to think he warrents a first round pick? Personally, while I love the sport and am admitedly obsessive about the Vikings, I know that there are others out there who are simply better judges of talent than me. I am not going to blindly accept anything the "experts" tell me, but I do lend some weight to their opinions.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    While I respect your opinon, what makes you more qualified to evaulate future performance in the NFL than all the scouts and sports analysts who seem to think he warrents a first round pick? Personally, while I love the sport and am admitedly obsessive about the Vikings, I know that there are others out there who are simply better judges of talent than me. I am not going to blindly accept anything the "experts" tell me, but I do lend some weight to their opinions.
    Good post nodak. From what I have seen of him, he looks good. Thats why I like him. I don't think he is better than Leinart though like some people do but he is definantly a top 10 pick IMO.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    Can anyone explain to me why you are so HIGH on CUTLER? What has he displayed that illustrates that he is worthy of a top 10 pick. Better yet, if he came out last year, where would he be drafted. Third round?
    Last year?! Last year he would have been the #1 pick! Since when was last year's draft so deep? Alex Smith was the #1 pick, and he's terrible!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast