Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Cut Fred Smoot, re-sign Brian Williams.

Please.

SMOOT BLEW CURFEW

One of the guys who might not take kindly to the no-nonsense approach of new Vikings coach Brad Childress is cornerback Fred Smoot. Apart from his alleged Love Boat antics, which the family nature of this here site prevents us from detailing, Smoot reportedly missed curfew prior to the team's New Year's Day game against the Bears.

To make matters worse, Smoot reportedly pulled the classic "everyone is stupid but me" move, stuffing pillows into his bed to create the appearance that he was sleeping.

As a result, Smoot dressed but didn't play on Sunday against the Bears.

Moving forward, the Vikes would be wise to cut their losses on the underachieiving cover man who supposedly pushed up all of two reps at the 225 bench during the Combine five years ago (hell, even we could do that). (Update: We've been advised by a league source since originally posting this item that Smoot actually got pinned by the bar and never even managed one rep at 225.) Instead, they should push the money toward cornerback Brian Williams, an underrated, hard-tackling corner who is an unrestricted free agent in March.

---

Please resign BWill. Smoot is awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

SamDawg84 Guest

Re: Cut Fred Smoot, re-sign Brian Williams.

wat is up with all the smoot haters!? smoot has been hurt! he is 1 of our best corners when healthy. so no more smoot smack unless he does something really dumb. and the boat was a great idea from him

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    wat is up with all the smoot haters!? smoot has been hurt! he is 1 of our best corners when healthy. so no more smoot smack unless he does something really dumb. and the boat was a great idea from him
    We aren't hating, I'm just tired of his acts. And him being injured doesn't have to do anything with it.
    He talks stuff and doesn't back it up most of the time. When I went down to see the Vikes play the Bengals, they were calling people out of the gate and when they called Smoot out, the boo's were so loud you would have thought they were old rivals. Later on, I learned that Smoot talked stuff to CJ literally up until game time. And on the second play of the game, he got badly burned for a like.. 80 some yard TD pass from Palmer to Chad.
    I like the guy because he is my player on my time and isn't a bad player at all. You just can't have all these off the field problems no matter who you are.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

SamDawg84 Guest

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "SamDawg84" wrote:
    We aren't hating, I'm just tired of his acts. And him being injured doesn't have to do anything with it.
    He talks stuff and doesn't back it up most of the time. When I went down to see the Vikes play the Bengals, they were calling people out of the gate and when they called Smoot out, the boo's were so loud you would have thought they were old rivals. Later on, I learned that Smoot talked stuff to CJ literally up until game time. And on the second play of the game, he got badly burned for a like.. 80 some yard TD pass from Palmer to Chad.
    I like the guy because he is my player on my time and isn't a bad player at all. You just can't have all these off the field problems no matter who you are.
    some people are like omg he is horrible! even though he is like 3rd on our team in picks basicly

vIker44 is offline Rookie

Man, I'll tell you..... If Childress did this I'd leap for joy.... B. Will is very athletic and just coming into his peak years..... I guarantee Smoot is going to break the Smoot lovers heart.... he is 100% smack talk and 0% game..... trust me, he'll never pan out and by mid of next season there will be no Smoot the Poot lovin' going on in here.......
    it's tarv time............

vIker44 is offline Rookie

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    You need to learn to read, dude.... Smoot did TWO reps at 225 during his rookie year combine.... I'm sure he's gained strength since then as everyone does from that age.... but in proportion he is one of the smallest, shortest, and WEAKEST (strength wise) corner in the NFL.... He has the rep of shying away from contact..... B-Will, otoh, will nail the offensive man to the ground..... I'm not going to say B-Will is an elite corner but he is miles ahead of Smoot the Poot and always will be..... Please, I beg ya: CUT SMOOT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it's tarv time............

"vIker44" wrote:
    Man, I'll tell you..... If Childress did this I'd leap for joy.... B. Will is very athletic and just coming into his peak years..... I guarantee Smoot is going to break the Smoot lovers heart.... he is 100% smack talk and 0% game..... trust me, he'll never pan out and by mid of next season there will be no Smoot the Poot lovin' going on in here.......
    Yeah, like I posted above, I experienced that first-hand at the Bengals game (scroll to see). But seriously, I don't hate Smoot or wish him bad, I just don't like players who cause off the field drama because it never helps out the actual team itself.

[size=8pt]

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

I will take a healthy Smoot over Brian Williams. Brian Williams has earned his stripes this season but some are questioning that he only decided to play this hard to earn a contract in the offseason with another team.

Also, another thing to note. When on the field Bwill always covered the #2 WR...while Smoot took the challenge of sometimes covering the #1 Wideout (which I think is stupid...put Winfield on the best WR!)

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "SamDawg84" wrote:
    If I remeber right, it was in fact Winfield and Sharper that got burned on that TD to Johnson.

Thanks Josdin

my mistake, mnvikes 61.

[size=8pt]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast