-
    Kenny Phillips
    CB

-
    Reggie Smith / Aqib Talib
    DE

-
    Calais Campbell / Phillip Merling
    I would love to get Phillips in the first round.
    Think he will be gone though.
    Campbell is also very appealing.
    We have to improve pass defence with this pick imo.
    Can't wait until draft day.
    Remember we have 4 picks in top 82 (two 3rd rounders).

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Cut to the chase

id love to get phillips, but i doubt he will be there
    talib is nice, but id rather have cromartie, he looks real nasty, and ill pass on take a DE, prolly in the 2nd we could get one

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    id love to get phillips, but i doubt he will be there
    talib is nice, but id rather have cromartie, he looks real nasty, and ill pass on take a DE, prolly in the 2nd we could get one
    What have you seen of him?
    I liked him but only saw the Senior Bowl and associated workouts.

Truth be told, alot of people probably won't be happy with the Vikings draft this year.
    My GUT feeling is that they will draft for depth and future in alot of key areas.
    That equates to DT, FB's, S's, because those are the positions that have either a aging vet that might start to decline in a year or 2 (DT, FB) or a position that we had bandaids (Vets brought in on short term contracts) at (S).

For all of you out there who are looking for the next Randy Moss (WR) to be picked first, sit back and prepare to beeeyyyyatch all off season when they don't draft that WR you thought we couldn't live without.

I still (Again GUT feeling) think that if the draft goes the way I think it will do the following:

a.
    S (This guy will be a starter because of Doss/Tank/Smith issues)
    b.
    DT (Spencer will leave via FA and Phat Pat isn't getting any younger)
    c.
    FB
    (If T-rich isn't brought back they might even switch this spot with DT)
    d.
    LB (Another roster spot that might have a FA leave. Kid could add talent to ST's and learn).
    e.
    QB (By the time this guy is ready TJ will have been in the league 6 or 7 years).

f.
    RB (Memo is leaving so there will be an open roster spot for another RB)

If my hunch is correct, all of these guys drafted will make the team if for no other reason than the fact that there is a opening on the roster next year at each of these positions.

WR and DE will be filled Via FA (if they do anything at all) as they have already invested heavily in those areas via the draft already.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I want a Wr but I can't see Chilly takin one in the 1st round

"Vikings" wrote:
    I want a Wr but I can't see Chilly takin one in the 1st round
    Actually, as a point of clarity, it really isn't up to the Chiller to decide that.

It will come down to what Spielmen thinks is best based on team needs (defined by the coaching staff) and the players skills (defined by Studwells scouts) that are available.

If in fact the best player available is a WR I don't for one second think that Spielmen wouldn't take him.
    Problem is I think "Team Need" will drive this pick a bit this year.
    For us, we need a starter at S and they might just get one here.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Chazz is offline Coordinator

For all of you out there who are looking for the next Randy Moss (WR) to be picked first, sit back and prepare to beeeyyyyatch all off season when they don't draft that WR you thought we couldn't live without.

I still (Again GUT feeling) think that if the draft goes the way I think it will do the following:

a.
    b.
    c.
    FB
    d.
    LB (Another roster spot that might have a FA leave. Kid could add talent to ST's and learn).
    e.
    QB (By the time this guy is ready TJ will have been in the league 6 or 7 years).

f.

If my hunch is correct, all of these guys drafted will make the team if for no other reason than the fact that there is a opening on the roster next year at each of these positions.

WR and DE will be filled Via FA (if they do anything at all) as they have already invested heavily in those areas via the draft already.

Well Marrdro...we seem to agree on most things, but have a few key differenses.
    ;D
    To your draft,
    a.agree
    b.agree
    c.I don't think we take a FB here, if at all. We are stacked already. I'll say....S
    d.Rufus Alexander is coming off IR. With them really pushing up in the draft, I'll say.....QB
    e.here is where we look at FB.
    f.agree....If we don't take Chris Johnson(I think we take a serious look;phenomenal return man)

Well....3 out of 6 ain't bad.

"Chazz" wrote:

a.
    b.
    c.
    FB
    d.
    e.

f.

Well Marrdro...we seem to agree on most things, but have a few key differenses.
    ;D
    To your draft,
    a.agree
    b.agree
    c.I don't think we take a FB here, if at all. We are stacked already. I'll say....S
    d.Rufus Alexander is coming off IR. With them really pushing up in the draft, I'll say.....QB
    e.here is where we look at FB.
    f.agree....If we don't take Chris Johnson(I think we take a serious look;phenomenal return man)

Well....3 out of 6 ain't bad.
    I love talking (typing football).

c. We might be stacked already but I don't think the staff is happy with our FB situation.

T-rich is a great blocker but not much of a offensive threat.
    Throw in the fact that he is a bit old and starting to get dinged abit and I see him going to free up a roster spot.

Dugan has a decent contract he signed in 2006 so I don't see him going anywere as will Klieny as both have played TE and FB.

Tahi is intersting but we got to see him a few times early on in the year without much success.

IMHO this staff wants to have a FB that can Block, Run the ball, as well as catch it coming out of the backfield or offering the option of going up to the line. Currently no one on this roster can do that.
    Mills by the way is kindof interesting but if he could run with the ball he probably would have been a FB in college instead of a smallish TE.

d.
    Rufus is coming off IR and will add depth to the LB position as well as ST's but lest not forget that we have Jason Glenn and Dontarrious hitting the UFA market this year as well as Heath Farwell testing the RFA market this year and the UFA next year.
    Would serve the team better to draft another young LB to fill one of those holes vacated this year or next.

Again, you have to keep in mind that all of my draft scenarios are geared around the fact that I wouldn't take anyone that wouldn't make the team (ala Thygpen).

Just doesn't make sense to draft a guy if there isn't a roster spot open for him.

You can bring guys in to compete that go undrafted and shouldn't waiste your top 7 picks as other teams will just snatch them when you try to slip them onto the practice squad.

Tahi is intersting but we got to see him a few times early on in the year without much success.
    Do you think they are ready to give him the axe? If so, then we will definately look for a FB. I still don't think it will be before the 4th round.

d.
    Rufus is coming off IR and will add depth to the LB position as well as ST's but lest not forget that we have Jason Glenn and Dontarrious hitting the UFA market this year as well as Heath Farwell testing the RFA market this year and the UFA next year.
    Would serve the team better to draft another young LB to fill one of those holes vacated this year or next.
    Farwell I belileve we resign. Dontarrious I think is gone; this is who I think Rufus replaces. I think they drafted him in preparation for the loss of Dontarrious. Jason Glenn can be replaced in 7th or even UFA. That is if they don't resign him. It just depends on what they decide with Farwell.IMO

Again, you have to keep in mind that all of my draft scenarios are geared around the fact that I wouldn't take anyone that wouldn't make the team (ala Thygpen).
    We both agree here. We just differ in the order that we assign them. I think we are the only ones who don't have us getting a DE or a WR in the draft. I guess we are just the smart ones.
    ;D

"Chazz" wrote:
    Do you think they are ready to give him the axe? If so, then we will definately look for a FB. I still don't think it will be before the 4th round.

d.
    Farwell I belileve we resign. Dontarrious I think is gone; this is who I think Rufus replaces. I think they drafted him in preparation for the loss of Dontarrious. Jason Glenn can be replaced in 7th or even UFA. That is if they don't resign him. It just depends on what they decide with Farwell.IMO

We both agree here. We just differ in the order that we assign them. I think we are the only ones who don't have us getting a DE or a WR in the draft. I guess we are just the smart ones.
    ;D
    Sssshhhhhhh.
    Don't let on or others will figure it out and come for us.
    ;D

d.

Sssshhhhhhh.
    Don't let on or others will figure it out and come for us.
    I'll never tell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast