Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MindFreak is offline Starter

Re: Current 08 Vikings

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

QB:
    Both KH and BB
    Kelly Holcomb: 2008: $1,535,000 (+ $150,000 roster bonus)
    Brooks Bollinger: 2008: $950,000 (+ $250,000 roster bonus)I can not believe we are paying those fools that much money.... cut at least one of the two

WR: Troy Williamson: 2008: $910,000

Why does everyone say he has a $4 mill hit this year? With incentives, it probably had the ability to hit that.
    However, he's not worth 900K the way he's played...

DE: Erasmus James: 2008: $695,000

We will have to put up more than that for a guy but heck, we have some CAP, spend some of it.I tend to disagree there, I tend to believe his surgery was never really successful and his play reflected it this year

S: Dwight Smith (Investigation still ongoing) 2008: $2.5 million (+ $100,000 workout bonus + $500,000 roster bonus due in spring

Move Winfield back to FS and add a vet CB with this guys money.
    I like that idea actually.... Smith should be gone, and I'd like to see what Winfield would be like at Safety....but we would need that vet CB to cover.

I also think we have to consider Saus's salary... he may have to renegotiate or be let loose.
    I think we're overpaying for Shank as well, but it's awfully early to write him off....

I think Hicks can go, he's worthless

Thanks my friend.

As to Erasmus, I am kindof lumping him in the catagory that I've put T-will in.
    He's had 3 years to do something, anything.
    All he has done is get hurt.
    We definately have enough talent in the learning mode and he isn't providing that veteran depth/production he should be.

This is, in my opinion, our biggest need to address in the offseason with WR gol 'darnit close to it.
    Use his spot for a Vet FA and lets move on.
    It really pains me to agree, cause i always liked Erasmus, but it's just time to cut the cord, he's never healthy, and never has produced the way he was expected to.
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"MindFreak" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

QB:
    Both KH and BB
    Brooks Bollinger: 2008: $950,000 (+ $250,000 roster bonus)I can not believe we are paying those fools that much money.... cut at least one of the two

Why does everyone say he has a $4 mill hit this year? With incentives, it probably had the ability to hit that.

We will have to put up more than that for a guy but heck, we have some CAP, spend some of it.I tend to disagree there, I tend to believe his surgery was never really successful and his play reflected it this year

S: Dwight Smith (Investigation still ongoing) 2008: $2.5 million (+ $100,000 workout bonus + $500,000 roster bonus due in spring

I like that idea actually.... Smith should be gone, and I'd like to see what Winfield would be like at Safety....but we would need that vet CB to cover.

I also think we have to consider Saus's salary... he may have to renegotiate or be let loose.
    I think we're overpaying for Shank as well, but it's awfully early to write him off....

Thanks my friend.

We definately have enough talent in the learning mode and he isn't providing that veteran depth/production he should be.

This is, in my opinion, our biggest need to address in the offseason with WR gol 'darnit close to it.
    It really pains me to agree, cause i always liked Erasmus, but it's just time to cut the cord, he's never healthy, and never has produced the way he was expected to.
    I can respect what you're saying, but do have to disagree with cutting the cord for a few reasons....

Prior to this year, he looked just fine.
    Again, I don't believe his last surgery was successful and there's a reason he ended up on IR again.... just my thinking, but hey.... it's my thinking.
    His rookie year wasn't bad, he didn't have a 2nd year because of that injury - you can't count that... you wouldn't count Greenway's rookie season, would you???? - and his 3rd year was poor, as we agreed upon.
    He's had 2 years of play and one of them was defnitely suspect.

I also believe that unless we can get the right upgrade, it's just not worth it... if we upgrade there, we won't be able to upgrade with a solid WR as well (I just don't think we have the cap space and ability to make that big of a splash in FA).

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

QB:
    Both KH and BB

Thanks my friend.

I can respect what you're saying, but do have to disagree with cutting the cord for a few reasons....

Again, I don't believe his last surgery was successful and there's a reason he ended up on IR again.... just my thinking, but hey.... it's my thinking.
    His rookie year wasn't bad, he didn't have a 2nd year because of that injury - you can't count that... you wouldn't count Greenway's rookie season, would you???? - and his 3rd year was poor, as we agreed upon.

I also believe that unless we can get the right upgrade, it's just not worth it... if we upgrade there, we won't be able to upgrade with a solid WR as well (I just don't think we have the cap space and ability to make that big of a splash in FA).
    The way knees are done/fixed these days he shouldn't be taking this long to come back, case in point, Chad.

He went down the last pre-season game last year and played the whole season this year.
    This season was the second season that Erasmus has struggled with the same injury.

Did he rehab the right way?
    Did he re-injure it?
    Did he get a new inury?

At this point, I don't care.
    He is a wasted roster spot.
    Be gone with him.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MindFreak is offline Starter

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

QB:
    Both KH and BB

Thanks my friend.

Hate to sound like PA on this, cause i actually like being objective, but i'm with him when he kept saying that this was Greenways rookie season, and he did a damn good job
    I can hear your argument on Erasmus, and 695K isn't a lot of money anyway so i guess 1 more year to prove himself and show us that potential we all saw in him.
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I wouldn't shave much as I think most of the pieces are there for the puzzle to come together.
    We need help/roster spots for Backup QB, Vet WR and DE.

Shave the following:

QB:
    Both KH and BB
    Brooks Bollinger: 2008: $950,000 (+ $250,000 roster bonus)

Should be able to add a vet for that price or a bit more and then draft a mid-late guy to develop.

[size=10pt]Why does everyone say he has a $4 mill hit this year?[/size]

We will have to put up more than that for a guy but heck, we have some CAP, spend some of it.

I have no idea what Troy's CAP hit is this year, but salaries seldomly coincide with CAP numbers.
    His number could be $4M based on his signing bonus ( these are prorated over the life of the contract).
    For example, if he has a $12M signing bonus and a 4 Year contract, that signing bonus hits the CAP number each year at $3M.
    Using that example he could have a $4M CAP number with his Salary of $910k. Now if we cut him, we would not be on the hook for his Salary, but we would be on the hook for his signing bonus which then our CAP hit is still $3M.

AGAIN: I do not know Troy's contract details; I don't know his CAP hit this year, but this is one example of how he could carry that kind of CAP number even though his Salary is only $900k.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Marr is right

We have most of the pieces we need for a contending team

They will gel and come together if we keep them intact

Shave away a little of the slack.. And add some of the positions Marr was saying

DE is the biggest need!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    Marr is right

Shave away a little of the slack.. And add some of the positions Marr was saying

DE is the biggest need!
    I don't agree... we should keep Eras and let Scott go.... sign a big time DE.. and then we'll be good... i say we give Raz one more year.. the injury he had twoyears ago was pretty significant.. this time, it was only one ligament... he should be able to go by Training camp... let him prove himself...

at the very least yu take him into camp and let then cut him if he can't make the team... but 700K for a quality DE (assuming he's healthy) is not bad..

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Marr is right

DE is the biggest need!
    I don't agree... we should keep Eras and let Scott go.... sign a big time DE.. and then we'll be good... i say we give Raz one more year.. the injury he had twoyears ago was pretty significant.. this time, it was only one ligament... he should be able to go by Training camp... let him prove himself...

at the very least yu take him into camp and let then cut him if he can't make the team... but 700K for a quality DE (assuming he's healthy) is not bad..

I would like to keep him around as well

He has some upside if he can stay on the field

He was very injury prone in college, and it seems to be continuing

I hope he can make the field next year for us

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"MindFreak" wrote:

QB: Tavaris Jackson: 2008: $445,000
    Brooks Bollinger: 2008: $950,000 (+ $250,000 roster bonus)

RB: Adrian Peterson: 2008: $1.925 million
    Chester Taylor: 2008:
    $3 million

Jeff Dugan
    2008: $625,000
    Tahi; 2008: $445,000
    What is wrong with this picture?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Marr is right

DE is the biggest need!

I would like to keep them both. I agree something just wasn't right with the knee surgery. Remember they had to go back in somewhere around training camp. I have reservations about Erasmus' ability to make it back by training camp, but he deserves the chance. If he is to get cut, it will likely happen in training camp.

I wouldn't mind keeping Smith but he has a lot of baggage and the bonus due.So he may be gone.

I definately do not want to see Winfield at safety.I do not want to depend on McCauley at corner yet.And it may hurt our run defense.
    I would prefer we lookfor a stud safety in the draft. A Landry type that can play cover 3 and cover the whole field.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12