DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Culpepper Snubs Titians / Could Be Released Before Thursday

he will still be accepted if he stays, Minny loves Culpepper
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Culpepper Snubs Titians / Could Be Released Before Thurs

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    vikings fans will embrace him if he plays well..he has always only been hammered by the fans when he plays terribly, otherwise we have supported him..if he just comes back and doesnt go to the media with his problems, the fans will forgive him
    I think your statement also applies to his teammates also. They will embrace him if he can make plays, the same goes for BJ.
    exactly
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    If they "just release" him I and every season ticket holder should have the option of getting their money back!
    (Here I go egging people on.)

I don't blame you for feeling that way. Call someone up and let them know.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I never wanted this whole situation to escalade to this. Now its turning into the Daunte Culpepper soap oprea...and quite frankly its making me mad. Not becuz hes not gone, but how he is all the sudden being seen as a "Bad" guy...i'm sorry but bad guys kill people, not ask to be traded from thier team who secretly wanted him gone. Culpepper is a great guy, and the NFL is a business. Everyone knows I'm for trading him becuz he dosnt wanna play here anymore, but I'm not for ruieing this guys name. Hes a good guy.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    If they "just release" him I and every season ticket holder should have the option of getting their money back!

However if the Vikings win . . . they'll be back in a heartbeat!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"sleepagent" wrote:

Interesting. IF this is acurate, then DC has absolutely ZERO interest in returning to Minnesota. IF he doesn't want to come back, then he's forcing Wilfy to release him (just like his e-mail stated).

To take it a step further, I think his top two choices are Miami and Oakland, but wants to keep his options open with others, like the Titans.

Now if I'm a Titans fan, will I be happy with his comments if he comes crawling back either as a FREE AGENT or via a TRADE?
    why is that? A lot of people keeps forgetting that he said "If a trade cant not be reached or I am not released, I have no problem fulfilling my contractual duties in Minnesota" Now that was not verbatim but close enough :???:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    If he is in a position to turn down or say that to the Titans, then he isn't going to be in a position of someone that has irreconcilable differences. If he was that desparate, he can't turn people down.

irreconcilable = impossible

If he has irreconcilable differences then nobody will trade for him, that means we absolutely cut him before going any further.
    Interesting. IF this is acurate, then DC has absolutely ZERO interest in returning to Minnesota. IF he doesn't want to come back, then he's forcing Wilfy to release him (just like his e-mail stated).

To take it a step further, I think his top two choices are Miami and Oakland, but wants to keep his options open with others, like the Titans.

Now if I'm a Titans fan, will I be happy with his comments if he comes crawling back either as a FREE AGENT or via a TRADE?
    You can interpret this in different ways.

DC said he would honor the contract, that doesn't sound like impossible.

Reporters (ESPN and Others) were the ones that labeled it as irreconcilable differences, in a manner that seemed like they were quoting management, not DC. So, if the tight lipped TOA leaked it, might be true.

The first I heard it in the news, it was a bad fit, then a bad marriage, then irreconcilable differences. It was slowly compounding over the hours that the news broke that DC was seriously being shopped by Oakland and Miami.

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:

However if the Vikings win . . . they'll be back in a heartbeat!
    True!

There is always someone to fill the spot and that is the choice of the ticket holder if he wants to give up his spot. But I can understand if he would feel betrayed or cheated. How would you like to buy a Porsche 911, get it home and the have the dealership come out and only repo the engine. Sorry somebody else wants it more than you, atleast you have a shell of a Porsche.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"vegasvike" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

why is that? A lot of people keeps forgetting that he said "If a trade cant not be reached or I am not released, I have no problem fulfilling my contractual duties in Minnesota" Now that was not verbatim but close enough :???:
    well if it came from daunte's mouth, then i think we should keep him..it is up to childress make him happy again..that 6 million that wilf owes him would probably change his outlook on the situation as well..i just wish we had some more vocal leaders on this team, because i am not sold on daunte being the face of our franchise and vocal leader
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"vegasvike" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

LOL!

Like mind!

I was typing the same thing just a few second behind.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast