Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Prophet Guest

Re: Culpepper Snubs Titians / Could Be Released Before Thurs

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    I think the reason we're not getting any trade value for him is that teams are waiting for us to release him
    They are just waiting to see what happens. If they really want him I would think they would go after him before a bidding war happens if he is released. I think people aren't actively going after him because they are looking at the other reasonable candidates that offer promise: Brees, Schaub, Frerotte, etc. Everyone knows the deadline when he will receive his coinage so they will keep a close eye on what happens....the spys are out in full force I'm sure. The other thing is that many fans have a perception of what he is worth and it doesn't match the market value. I'm hoping the Vikings find just the right match, hell, I can sell a dime to some people that are collectors for thousands of dollars....others would think it's worth 10 cents. We shall see.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Culpepper Snubs Titians / Could Be Released Before Thurs

"Prophet" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    I think the reason we're not getting any trade value for him is that teams are waiting for us to release him
    They are just waiting to see what happens. If they really want him I would think they would go after him before a bidding war happens if he is released. I think people aren't actively going after him because they are looking at the other reasonable candidates that offer promise: Brees, Schaub, Frerotte, etc. Everyone knows the deadline when he will receive his coinage so they will keep a close eye on what happens....the spys are out in full force I'm sure. The other thing is that many fans have a perception of what he is worth and it doesn't match the market value. I'm hoping the Vikings find just the right match, hell, I can sell a dime to some people that are collectors for thousands of dollars....others would think it's worth 10 cents. We shall see.
    None of those quarterbacks even come close to matching Daunte's skills WTF

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

QB Situation Solved...Maybe

Dolphins | Team after Schaub?
    Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:09:31 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports several sources have indicated that the Miami Dolphins are in hot pursuit of Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Schaub. He is in the final year of his three-year rookie $1.85 million contract. "There have been phone calls but nothing that has made us reconsider where we are, at least at this point," Falcons general manager Rich McKay told the Atlanta-Journal Constitution. "We like the player, and he plays a very important position. From our position what it would take would have to be very strong." A source said the Falcons have received inquiries from several teams this offseason for Schaub, but it would take "a high pick" to possibly get him.

KFFL

We can keep BJ starter this year, then bring in Schuab for the future. He looked pretty good in his limited playing time.

Prophet Guest

Re: QB Situation Solved...Maybe

I was reading about that earlier. Mora didn't sound like it was going to happen because they liked his role in Atlanta. He also mentioned it would take a few high draft picks, not impossible, but Mora just didn't sound like he was very enthusiastic about getting rid of Schaub. If this is the case though, Daunte's value will continue to drop as teams needing QBs start filling their slots with folks other then Culpepper or Brees.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

i was thinking bring him in after next season when he is a free agent

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper Snubs Titians / Could Be Released Before Thursday

Trade Daunte for a 2nd and trade the 2nd we get for Schaub.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    i was thinking bring him in after next season when he is a free agent
    He would be a restricted FA (only 3rd year), and we would have to give compensation anyways, more than likely a 1st round pick!

So if you are going to trade for him do it know, then we are in the position that next year we resign him or receive compensation for him.

If it takes a 2nd this year and a 4th next year, I say we do it! Already has 2 years experience under his belt and would do well in a WCO! If we get Hutch and Birk (healthy) he should get protection and time to throw the ball, and with a WCO he would be throwing a lot of dink and dunks anyways!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011