Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: crumpler an option??

"HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Jereamiah link=topic=42383.msg722930#msg722930 date=1203103999]
    [quote author=skum link=topic=42383.msg722915#msg722915 date=1203102770]
    [quote author=Jereamiah link=topic=42383.msg722914#msg722914 date=1203102689]
    I would imagine that Algea would get a look. I wonder about Leftwich? Just a random thought. He would be cheap. I would also think that G.Mills will get way more catches this upcoming year. Too bad Shankhole is taking up a roster spot. I would take Crumpler over him any day. His name is alot cooler, and he actually blocks.
    Leftwich isnt an option, if he was we would have tried to sign him last year, he was availbile like 3-4 weeks into the season and he didnt really do anything for the Falcons when they signed him other than being released again now.
    Why not? as I said, he would be dirt a** cheap, better then Holcomb and new digs might rejuvinate the guy. Who knows?
    Leftwich would be a step down from Holcomb. He has the slowest release ever in the NFL and horrible mechanics.
    Bringing him would do nothing for us, and might even be bad for TJack's development.
    No way.
    Couldn't agree more with that comment. I think Leftwich has been overrated since he came into the NFL.

Let's face it, the guy only got drafted as high as he did because of the game where he had the injured ankle and his teammates carried him to the next play... inspiring image... lousy player.
    I think calling him lousy is a bit of a reach, he does have a very slow release, thats a given. But, I would take the stats he put up in his final full season as the starter in Jacsonville over what Tjack gives us. Given a shot and without injuries, Leftwich will put up much better numbers that Tjack.

[/quote]

so its all about numbers now?
    i didnt no that, ill take tjack over him 1000 times before i take leftwhich, and by calling him a lousy player is correct
    [/quote]

No, it's not all about numbers but you are not going to convince me that TJack is a better player. No matter how many thousands of time you would let your blind man love allow you to choose him. Leftwich is a better player when healthy, plain and simple.
    [/quote]

its not man love to tjack
    its about byron leftwhich not being a good qb
    people like you who think he is good cause of the years jax had forget that garrard split time with him throughout the year

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    [quote author=Jereamiah link=topic=42383.msg722914#msg722914 date=1203102689]
    I would imagine that Algea would get a look. I wonder about Leftwich? Just a random thought. He would be cheap. I would also think that G.Mills will get way more catches this upcoming year. Too bad Shankhole is taking up a roster spot. I would take Crumpler over him any day. His name is alot cooler, and he actually blocks.
    Leftwich isnt an option, if he was we would have tried to sign him last year, he was availbile like 3-4 weeks into the season and he didnt really do anything for the Falcons when they signed him other than being released again now.
    Why not? as I said, he would be dirt a** cheap, better then Holcomb and new digs might rejuvinate the guy. Who knows?
    Leftwich would be a step down from Holcomb. He has the slowest release ever in the NFL and horrible mechanics.
    Bringing him would do nothing for us, and might even be bad for TJack's development.
    No way.
    Couldn't agree more with that comment. I think Leftwich has been overrated since he came into the NFL.

Let's face it, the guy only got drafted as high as he did because of the game where he had the injured ankle and his teammates carried him to the next play... inspiring image... lousy player.
    I must disagree. in my opinion, leftwhich would be much better then Holcomb. Just my opinion. At this point, I would take Todd Marinovich over Holcomb. Who nows, maybe next year he throws 40 td's. At least mix in some "just for men" hair coloring. I've said this before, Holcomb looks like the guys in stories who sees something really scary and his hair turns white. Leftwhich sucks too, who am I kidding.
    [/quote]

haha shit, i would be a better option than Holecum haha

*SKOL!*

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

"C" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    No, it's not all about numbers but you are not going to convince me that TJack is a better player. No matter how many thousands of time you would let your blind man love allow you to choose him. Leftwich is a better player when healthy, plain and simple.
    T-Jack is a better player than Leftwich. He has just as good of an arm as Leftwich, if not better, and is mobile as well.

TJ just needs some help at wideout... but Leftwich is flat out God Awful.

2 seasons ago, David Garrard got the Jags to the playoffs... they put Leftwich back in for the post season... lose the first game.
    I will give you the fact that TJack has a strong arm. He is not accurate, and he makes god awful decisions. I am not going to say that leftwich will ever be known as one of the all time greats, but I know he doesn't jump while throwing a ball blindly into a group of players, Jackson does.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    T-Jack is a better player than Leftwich. He has just as good of an arm as Leftwich, if not better, and is mobile as well.

2 seasons ago, David Garrard got the Jags to the playoffs... they put Leftwich back in for the post season... lose the first game.
    I will give you the fact that TJack has a strong arm. He is not accurate, and he makes god awful decisions. I am not going to say that leftwich will ever be known as one of the all time greats, but I know he doesn't jump while throwing a ball blindly into a group of players, Jackson does.
    tjack is young, he is gonna learn from his mistakes, you can just throw away tjack for byron leftwhich, are you kidding me?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:

Look, I am not a huge TJ fan and would really like to have something better back there but the truth of it is that this staff wants to let the kid mature on the field to see if he can eventually become NFL ready.

Leftwich has already shown what he has and that is a slow release, which doesn't fit in the WCO and does a very bad job of reading defenses when he can stay healthy enough to stay on the field.

Long story short, there are better options out there than Leftwich to act as Backups to TJ while he learns on the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:

Look, I am not a huge TJ fan and would really like to have something better back there but the truth of it is that this staff wants to let the kid mature on the field to see if he can eventually become NFL ready.

Leftwich has already shown what he has and that is a slow release, which doesn't fit in the WCO and does a very bad job of reading defenses when he can stay healthy enough to stay on the field.

Long story short, there are better options out there than Leftwich to act as Backups to TJ while he learns on the field.
    No Smiley's??? Everything all right today, Marr?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:

No "My friend" either... Somebody sounds pissed off.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Yup, just trying to concentrate on my mock draft.
    I still havent gotten through the 3rd round yet.
    Way behind schedule.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Crumpler is a top flight tight end that would be great and he is a good blocker but I figured he would want more catches...TJack cant spread it out like that right now
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Seems like a upgrade to me.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast