Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

crumpler an option??

did a search, didnt find this posted already, but the falcons released crumpler

The Atlanta Falcons continued their franchise makeover in earnest on Friday, releasing tight eend Alge Crumpler, quarterback quarterback Byron Leftwich, offensive tackle Wayne Gandy and four other players.

Teh team also announced it had released cornerback Lewis Sanders, wide receiver Jamin Elliott, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and defensive tackle Rod Coleman.

"This is a difficult day for the entire organization," Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement from the team. "A number of these players have contributed to this organization on and off the field at a high level and we greatly appreciate their efforts. These decisions weren't easy, but we felt they were necessary to build a team in the long-term best interest of the Falcons and its fans."

Crumpler, who just completed his seventh season, all with Atlanta, has 316 career catches for 4,212 yards and 35 touchdowns. He had been with the team since 2001 and was selected to five Pro Bowls.

Leftwich, formerly a starter for the Jacksonville Jaguars, was acquired by the Falcons during the season, was acquired by the Falcons after the Jaguars released him in order to go with David Garrard. He alternated with Joey Harrington as the Falcons' starter last season.
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

wilson is offline Rookie

Re: crumpler an option??

I think the Vikes really should look at this. Visanthe isn't a top tight end, Crumpler is.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Man, Crumpler would be ideal.. Top Tight End... I would really love to have him here..

Problem is if we are going to spend money on other positions and dont value the tight end position, since we already got money invested in Jimmy and Shank.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

I would imagine that Algea would get a look. I wonder about Leftwich? Just a random thought. He would be cheap. I would also think that G.Mills will get way more catches this upcoming year. Too bad Shankhole is taking up a roster spot. I would take Crumpler over him any day. His name is alot cooler, and he actually blocks.
    Tuco the world.....

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    I would imagine that Algea would get a look. I wonder about Leftwich? Just a random thought. He would be cheap. I would also think that G.Mills will get way more catches this upcoming year. Too bad Shankhole is taking up a roster spot. I would take Crumpler over him any day. His name is alot cooler, and he actually blocks.
    Leftwich isnt an option, if he was we would have tried to sign him last year, he was availbile like 3-4 weeks into the season and he didnt really do anything for the Falcons when they signed him other than being released again now.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"olson_10" wrote:
    did a search, didnt find this posted already, but the falcons released crumpler

The Atlanta Falcons continued their franchise makeover in earnest on Friday, releasing tight eend Alge Crumpler, quarterback quarterback Byron Leftwich, offensive tackle Wayne Gandy and four other players.

He'd be a great addition, but he would cost alot. I think he is a complete player, able to catch the ball, especially in the redzone and is also able to block for passing and running plays.
    I think I'll pass on him though since we already have one overpaid TE, we don't really need another, even if he is infinetly better.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I don't think we can afford having both Shankho and Crumpler with their high buck contracts.
    Still not sure what the hell they were thinking signing Shankho to that much money.
    I liked the pickup just not the money.

We probably could have had Crumpler for the same amount.

Frostbite is offline Coach

I would love to see A. Crumpler brought in to Minnesota. He would be a good aquistition and fit well into the offense. Another good blocker and better hands than Shank too. Still a top veteran WR would be my first choice for cap spending over a TE.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

I think leftwich is an option. Albeit a second (third) chance for him. If he has time in the pocket, he will be able to make every throw needed. He won't be expensive at all and if it doesn't work then cut him. I see it as a no lose situation....and we would get somebody on the team from my alma mater.
    ;D

"skum" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Leftwich isnt an option, if he was we would have tried to sign him last year, he was availbile like 3-4 weeks into the season and he didnt really do anything for the Falcons when they signed him other than being released again now.
    Why not? as I said, he would be dirt a** cheap, better then Holcomb and new digs might rejuvinate the guy. Who knows?
    Tuco the world.....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast