Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Cover-2: DTs of the 2011 Draft,

The defensive line is the real strength of the 2011 draft class. Based on player performance and team needs, it's possible that up to 10 defensive linemen could be taken in the first round, with seven (in my estimation) as near-certainties. We never know who's going to get injured, arrested, or refuse to work out for whatever reason, but based on game tape alone, this is the year for NFL teams in need of defensive line help.

Because of all the star power among the ends and tackles, I'm doing two Cover-2 pieces on each position. I'll start with two tackles who may be on the fringe of the first round at this time, but who could see decent upswings based on Combine and Pro Day workouts. As usual, more expert analysis than mine is provided by NFLDraftScout.com Senior Editor Rob Rang.
    Cover-2: DTs of the 2011 Draft, Part 1

In this part he breaks down Paea and Liuget. I like how he focus on what/were they would play (0/3 technique Paea - 3/5 technique Liuget)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Cover-2: DTs of the 2011 Draft,

Cover-2: DTs of the 2011 Draft, Part 2

Does the same breakdown of Fairley and Dareus as he did in the Part 1 above.

On a side note, I would love to land one of these cats, probably in this order.....

1. Dareus
    2. Paea
    3. Fairley
    4. Liuget

A few others that are creeping into the picture for me.....

Phil Taylor/Jerrell Powe - Both are probably more suited to be a 3-4 NT though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

I would absolutely love Dareus, Taylor will be too much of a reach he was enlisted as a 4th round selection for a reason. Just because of his size someone will jump the boat on him.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1091460
    I would absolutely love Dareus, Taylor will be too much of a reach he was enlisted as a 4th round selection for a reason. Just because of his size someone will jump the boat on him.
    Because alot of teams are shifting to, or already running a 3-4, those guys all get drafted a bit higher than they should IMHO.

I'll take Fairley any day if he falls to us. Most disruptive defensive lineman in college football this past season. Dareus will be gone and I think the other guys like Paea and Liguet would be a reach at 12.

Quote Originally Posted by "DiehardVikesFan" #1091554
    I'll take Fairley any day if he falls to us. Most disruptive defensive lineman in college football this past season. Dareus will be gone and I think the other guys like Paea and Liguet would be a reach at 12.
    I like Fairley, he would be a nice fit, problem is, he is more inline with what K-dubb does for us and not so much what Phat Pat does.

I agree with you on Paea and Liguet, but I wonder if one of them will still be there in the second.