Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

Couple of Trade Rumors

ESPN board guy with the Sporting News source...

"Anyways and as always for the hundredth time this is all rumors and conjecture until they flat out report it.Sporting News source says that the Vikings have actually had preliminary talks with 3 teams about Culpepper but came away discouraged as each team wants to push draft picks off until next year to see how he does.

First team was Oakland: They get Culpepper & our 3rd rounder for QB Andrew Walter and Oakland's 1st this year and conditional draft pick next year.

2nd team: Baltimore:Huge trade: We send Pepp, Smoot, and Burleson for Boller, McCallister, & draft picks this year and next.

3rd team-Cardinals: They get Pepp & Smoot. We get QB Navarre, LB Dansby, and their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year."

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=365&threadID=3077777&lastPostID=188 20228

Interesting to say the least. I think the important thing to note is that the Vikings came away discouraged. What do you guys think?

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: Couple of Trade Rumors

are you frickin kiddin those are HORRIBLE TRADES!!!!

Go vikes!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bogus sh*t. Burleson, Smoot and Culpepper, LMAO. Thats horrible.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

All of these trades are rediculous. There is no way we would ever agree to any of them. I find it hard to believe that any of those teams would actually make an offer like that. It is like offering half the asking price on a new car... not a chance.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Don't ever take ESPN's message boards seriously. They are not moderated and its like a bad acid trip trying to figure out what half the people are trying to say. Its just a bunch of teenagers in pissing matches and the rest is all halftruths

[color=red]

None of those trades are even worth being taken seriously !!!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"3rd team-Cardinals: They get Pepp & Smoot. We get QB Navarre, LB Dansby, and their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year."

I think IF they were to trade Pep, a fair trade would be Pep for Dansby and a 1st rounder. That may even be asking a lot for Pep right now only because his stock is so low. Before anyone gets on my case this is not because Pep isn't a talented QB. It is because his stock is low right now.

By the way, I did hear last night by John Clayton that Pep wants to remain a Viking and his main focus right now is rehabing. That's why he fired his agent.

Trade Pep for Navarre,no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no 1st round pick ?? If you trade DC ,the team needs to get a 1st round pick, and a more "proven" QB to back up Brad. I hope they don't trade DC !
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Id take the first one....pep for oak #1 and our #3. face it....pep is past his prime....get what you can and move on....

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Don't ever take ESPN's message boards seriously. They are not moderated and its like a bad acid trip trying to figure out what half the people are trying to say. Its just a bunch of teenagers in pissing matches and the rest is all halftruths
    Yeah they suck, but this guy is for real. Listen, I don't wanna have to defend these posts, its all speculation, but I wouldn't post them here if I didn't feel this guy was sincere.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast