Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Could we have a reverse Herschel Walker trade?

"buliwyf" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Remember how Taylor faded last year near the end of the season? He got worn out and didn't face 8 or 9 in the box.
    Taylor did have to carry it 65 more times last year than AD did this year, so fatigue shouldn't have been a factor for Peterson, although the injury most certainly was (despite his gamely modest claims to the contrary). This year both backs had nearly identical averages per rush, so all props to CT. Also, AD will likely face 8-9 man fronts many times in his career and will have to overcome that. Will he? I think so and hope so. As long as he's wearing the Horns, I'm pulling for him every step of the way.
    I'm just saying that two running backs are good so they don't wear out. I'd rather have Peterson and Taylor than Memo and ??
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I know that AD is a phenomenal talent, but is there any way that the Vikings would trade him if somebody was willing to pay a huge price?
    If so, which team might go for such a trade?
    The Texans who are a beastly RB and a safety away from the playoffs?
    The Falcons who desperately need a morale boost and a new star?
    Maybe the Seahawks who are a stud RB away from championship contention?

This is all speculation (and sheer blasphemy) of course, but wouldn't it be so sweet to get a ton of great players for one and be Super Bowl contenders for a decade, just like the Cowgirls did with us in the 90s?
    Just a weird thought I had right before bed.
    Thought it might make for a fun thread.
    The Falcons have said that Jerious Norwood was the future. The Seahawks got Maurice Morris a couple years back to become the future. And he has come in to be amazing.
    Texans might.

A whole nother draft for Peterson might be a good idea. We would have to draft very, very well. Those picks would have to be so key. Those guys would all have to be future stars that bring us to the super bowl. 3 of them would have to work out to be great starters.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

buliwyf is offline Training Camp

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "buliwyf" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Remember how Taylor faded last year near the end of the season? He got worn out and didn't face 8 or 9 in the box.
    Taylor did have to carry it 65 more times last year than AD did this year, so fatigue shouldn't have been a factor for Peterson, although the injury most certainly was (despite his gamely modest claims to the contrary). This year both backs had nearly identical averages per rush, so all props to CT. Also, AD will likely face 8-9 man fronts many times in his career and will have to overcome that. Will he? I think so and hope so. As long as he's wearing the Horns, I'm pulling for him every step of the way.
    I'm just saying that two running backs are good so they don't wear out. I'd rather have Peterson and Taylor than Memo and ??
    Point taken.

Dumbest thread of all time.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

No.

Absolutely not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12