Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Don't see us trading out, but I see us moving down to pick up more picks
    Again, not picking on you GG, however, why?
    What are we gonna use the additional picks for?
    Anytime yo can add depth especially through the draft, its a good thing. And I really belive that the lack of FA signings is because they are looking at quite a few players that cn help them through the draft especially with depth. Outside of our first Pick, the rest of the draft i really see as looking at players that will add depth. Most notably LB, WR, OL, DT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Anytime yo can add depth especially through the draft, its a good thing. And I really belive that the lack of FA signings is because they are looking at quite a few players that cn help them through the draft especially with depth. Outside of our first Pick, the rest of the draft i really see as looking at players that will add depth. Most notably LB, WR, OL, DT
    I gottcha.
    Problem for me is that when I go through the roster and try to get it down to 53 from what it currently sits at, I just don't see many Rookies making the team.

I would much rather see them package picks and move up for better talent than to trade out and move down.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=50281.0
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I gottcha.
    Problem for me is that when I go through the roster and try to get it down to 53 from what it currently sits at, I just don't see many Rookies making the team.

I would much rather see them package picks and move up for better talent than to trade out and move down.

I agree, I would love to see us package our 5th and 7ths and move into the 3rd or 4th round.
    This is why many people feel that this team is Superbowl ready. We just don't have any huge needs.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I gottcha.

I agree, I would love to see us package our 5th and 7ths and move into the 3rd or 4th round.
    This is why many people feel that this team is Superbowl ready. We just don't have any huge needs.
    Damn.......We are agreeing on something....Now I have to change my stance.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=51501.msg936164#msg936164 date=1240239677]
    I gottcha.

gol 'darnit.......We are agreeing on something....Now I have to change my stance.

;D
    [/quote]
    But now we disagree that agreeing is a good thing. Problem solved

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Give away all our picks for Peter ((OT)Bills) and we run over everyone in the NFL.

CT AD and TJ run run run run run run run pass run run run run run run.

:P

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Give away all our picks for Peter ((OT)Bills) and we run over everyone in the NFL.

he already got traded to the eagles I thought?

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=51501.msg936164#msg936164 date=1240239677]
    I gottcha.

gol 'darnit.......We are agreeing on something....Now I have to change my stance.

;D
    [/quote]

Old Marr would have never let this happen!

I agree... I'd rather see us pick up another first day draft choice... we could bring in 3 draftees with a shot at maybe making the team and a bunch of UDFA as training camp fodder.
    Lets face it, unless you're completely rebuilding a team, you're not going to pick up much talent on day 2 that you could find an equivalent UDFA for most of the time.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

he already got traded to the eagles I thought?
    dollar short and a day late,
    I was sort of joking anyway.

Point is I guess, I like the sure things like JA rather than drafting the UNKNOWN!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51501.msg936168#msg936168 date=1240240281]
    I gottcha.

;D
    [/quote]

Old Marr would have never let this happen!
    [/quote]
    ; :-[
    :-*

I agree... I'd rather see us pick up another first day draft choice... we could bring in 3 draftees with a shot at maybe making the team and a bunch of UDFA as training camp fodder.
    Lets face it, unless you're completely rebuilding a team, you're not going to pick up much talent on day 2 that you could find an equivalent UDFA for most of the time.
    I can live with that scenario but I think you mean use our lower round picks to get the extra day pick, not trade down out of our first though right, as alude to above?
    :

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast