Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122
  1. #101
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    Lol that's easy.. People that most likely could be pushed out of the 53 man roster

    Please remember we can use our picks and put them on the PS as well, so it doesn't stop just at the 53 man roster.


    John David Booty
    Albert Young
    Naufahu Tahi
    Aundrae Allison
    Glenn Holt
    Garrett Mills
    Jeff Dugan
    Brian Daniels
    Drew Radovich
    Otis Grigsby
    David Herron
    Eric Frampton
    Roderick Rogers


    I can see any of these guys getting replaced or stuffed onto the practice squad

    Some haven't had chances.. Some have not shown anything yet

    I want to keep our picks and build through the draft.. Only person I would want to trade up for is Jeremey Maclin if he get's close.. Otherwise I would stay put or trade back

  2. #102
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    Agreed Marr.
    V, you understand only 53 guys make the roster right?
    I hope you do.
    So from this list, who is going to lose their job?

    QB-
    Sage Rosenfels
    Tarvaris Jackson
    John David Booty

    RB-
    Adrian Peterson
    Chester Taylor
    Albert Young

    FB-
    Naufahu Tahi

    WR-
    Bernard Berrian
    Bobby Wade
    Sidney Rice
    Aundrae Allison
    Glenn Holt

    TE-
    Visanthe Shiancoe
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    Garrett Mills
    Jeff Dugan

    OL-
    Bryant McKinnie
    Steve Hutchinson
    John Sullivan
    Anthony Herrera
    Ryan Cook
    Artis Hicks
    Brian Daniels
    Drew Radovich

    DE-
    Jared Allen
    Ray Edwards
    Brian Robison
    Otis Grigsby
    Kenechi Udeze/Jayme Mitchell (1 spot)

    DT-
    Kevin Williams
    Pat Williams
    Fred Evans
    Letroy Guion/Jimmy Kennedy (1 spot)

    LB-
    EJ Henderson
    Chad Greenway
    Ben Leber
    Heath Farwell
    Erin Henderson
    David Herron

    CB-
    Antoine Winfield
    Cedric Griffin
    Benny Sapp
    Charles Gordon
    Karl Paymah

    S-
    Madieu Williams
    Tyrell Johnson
    Eric Frampton
    Abdullah Husain
    Roderick Rodgers

    Special Teams-
    Chris Kluwe
    Cullen Loeffler
    Ryan Longwell

    Here is 52 spots taken.
    Remember V, you can have 53 on Sunday.
    Two things, you have to also take into acct what the staff typically carries at each position.
    Your RB position is short one as is your FB list.

    Additionally, they don't have 53 active for each and every Sunday.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #103
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    "V4L" wrote:
    Lol that's easy.. People that most likely could be pushed out of the 53 man roster

    Please remember we can use our picks and put them on the PS as well, so it doesn't stop just at the 53 man roster.


    John David Booty
    Albert Young
    Naufahu Tahi
    Aundrae Allison
    Glenn Holt
    Garrett Mills
    Jeff Dugan
    Brian Daniels
    Drew Radovich
    Otis Grigsby
    David Herron
    Eric Frampton
    Roderick Rogers


    I can see any of these guys getting replaced or stuffed onto the practice squad

    Some haven't had chances.. Some have not shown anything yet

    I want to keep our picks and build through the draft.. Only person I would want to trade up for is Jeremey Maclin if he get's close.. Otherwise I would stay put or trade back
    For this discussion though, someone claimed that they would make the 53 man roster, not the practice squad.

    Anyways, to your list.......

    John David Booty-I don't see any of the QB's we could take in the later rounds supplanting this cat.

    Albert Young-Could possibly be cut but why?
    We already have a roster spot open for him.
    For that to happen we would have to land 2 RB's.

    Naufahu Tahi- Same as with AY. We already have a open roster spot. Why get rid of him?

    Aundrae Allison-A possibility but I don't think so.
    Simply hasn't had the time to really show his stuff.
    Again, most on here will disagree with that but they believe in instant success.
    I am of the ilk that believes it takes a WR 3 years to reach his potential and that is on a team were they have a good QB that can help the maturation process.
    Our QB's have in most ways, hindered our WR's progress.

    Glenn Holt-Another possibility.
    Mostly cause he isn't familiar with the scheme and was brought in (IMHO) as a ST'r and not a WR'r.

    Garrett Mills-Another possibility but I doubt it.
    I think he still could be slotted in the FB roster spot.

    Jeff Dugan- To much contract left.

    Brian Daniels-Possibility but was he ever on the 53 man roster?

    Drew Radovich-Possibility but was he ever on the 53 man roster?

    Otis Grigsby- Possibility but I doubt it.
    He is a rotation guy and more than sufficient to give our DE's reps off.
    Don't see us drafting any RDE's this year.

    David Herron- Possibilility

    Eric Frampton- Possibility

    Roderick Rogers-Doubt it.
    Based on how a few on here have sung his praises.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #104
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    All good points

    Those are just the guys I see with most likely having a spot taken

    As for JDB if we get someone like Pat White and only want to keep 3 he will go

    Albert Young.. Sometimes we like to keep 3 backs.. If we go that route and aren't happy with Young then he could go

    Tahi- We have alot of tweeners at TE and I feel we will only carry one FB.. If we find someone else we like I don't think we would keep Tahi around

    And I agree with all the others.. Just threw out names who I feel would be most likely to go first

    So I am a fan of keeping our picks and looking for gems and building through the draft

  5. #105
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    "V4L" wrote:
    All good points

    Those are just the guys I see with most likely having a spot taken

    As for JDB if we get someone like Pat White and only want to keep 3 he will go

    Albert Young.. Sometimes we like to keep 3 backs.. If we go that route and aren't happy with Young then he could go

    Tahi- We have alot of tweeners at TE and I feel we will only carry one FB.. If we find someone else we like I don't think we would keep Tahi around

    And I agree with all the others.. Just threw out names who I feel would be most likely to go first

    So I am a fan of keeping our picks and looking for gems and building through the draft
    I am not sold that on any of the QB's after Freeman beating JDB out.

    Sometimes we like to keep 3 backs..
    We carry 4 RB's not 3.
    No way we replace AY and fill the empty roster position unless we draft 2 RB's early.

    I feel we will only carry one FB
    Hard to tell the difference between a FB, a H-back and a TE on this squad, but current manning is short one FB.
    Don't see us replacing Tahi as well as adding a 2nd FB out of this class.
    Lets remember, FB's are going by the way side not only at the NFL level but in the collegiate ranks as well.
    Not many Thick Necked Knee benders in this class.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #106
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    I don't think we will give up on Booty either.. Just saying it's not too long of a shot seeing him walk or tryed to stuff on the PS if we find a guy we like later on

    I don't remember 4 RBs last year?

    AP, Chester, Hicks.. Who did we have again?

    I have a feeling we will roll with 3 unless we feel Chester won't resign

    I can't think of a FB off the top of my head that Chilly and co would like over Tahi either.. So I see your point.. If we end up drafting one and he plays well in camps he could take Tahi's spot though.. Unlikely yes.. But it'spossible.. Doubtful indeed though


  7. #107
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    "V4L" wrote:
    I don't think we will give up on Booty either.. Just saying it's not too long of a shot seeing him walk or tryed to stuff on the PS if we find a guy we like later on

    I don't remember 4 RBs last year?

    AP, Chester, Hicks.. Who did we have again?

    I have a feeling we will roll with 3 unless we feel Chester won't resign

    I can't think of a FB off the top of my head that Chilly and co would like over Tahi either.. So I see your point.. If we end up drafting one and he plays well in camps he could take Tahi's spot though.. Unlikely yes.. But it'spossible.. Doubtful indeed though

    From this years post......
    Running Backs (3-4) (First # = # carried last year/Second # = # on current roster)
    Although most will contend that we are set at the RB position, I consider it a minor priority that needs to be addressed depending on what the long term plan for CT is.
    Seems that he continues to play strong based on the work load and could be resigned for a 3 or 4 year contract or they could opt to let him hit the FA market and promote from within or draft another young stud in this years draft.

    Adrian Peterson RB (Starter) – Needs to work on the passing aspect of the running game as well as ball security.
    Not to worried about that as he is young and should be a better ball player next year from efforts of his own as well as the coaching staff.

    Chester Taylor RB (Backup) – Last year on contract.
    Trend is to sign them a year early if they are to retained.
    Really hope they opt to sign this cat and that he will opt to resign with us.

    Maurice Hicks RB (ST’s/Backup) – Could see a increase role towards end of next year if CT isn’t to be resigned/goes elsewere.

    Albert Young RB (PS) – Undrafted FA. Resigned to a futures contract 05 Jan 2009. Can catch and run with the ball.
    Also could see a increased role if CT isn’t resigned.
    2008 Analysis in case your interested.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=50281.0

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=42926.0
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #108
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    Yes Young on the PS

    I still think we will carry 3 on the 53 man roster

    If we find a back we like and Young doesn't show much improvment he could go right back down to the PS

  9. #109
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    If Booty looks like last year, pretty sure he can simmer on PS for awhile.


    A sweet move might be going back in the first for going up in the second...and perhaps a 3rd or later depending on the math.


    Check this out!
    BUF has No.28 now due to the Peters trade.
    And, the 10th pick of the 2nd.
    I could dig on that swap!!
    Checking the points...

    Nos. 22 and 54 = 1140
    Nos. 28 and 42 = 1140


    Wow!
    Its meant to be!!
    Lets do it!!!
    ;D 8)

    BUF can get a pass rusher early and a decent LT at 22.
    We get 2 picks of closer value at...perhaps, Unger and White?
    Or Britt and Unger?
    Or??
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  10. #110
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Could Vikings Trade Out of the First Round Entirely?

    "V4L" wrote:
    Yes Young on the PS

    I still think we will carry 3 on the 53 man roster

    If we find a back we like and Young doesn't show much improvment he could go right back down to the PS
    I put last years in there for that very reason.
    (3 in 2007)
    Need to figure out were I got 4 from.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trade in 4th round
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 12:32 PM
  2. If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
  3. Who would you want to see us trade our 1st round pick for (if you want to at all
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:54 PM
  4. MOVED: If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
  5. Trade INTO the First Round?
    By slinkey in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 04:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •