Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Could The Vikings be the team that Shane Oliviea signed to?

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    No Thanks. Shane O was considered a fine RT at one time but has been complete garbage which lead him to being benched in favor of another guy and eventually cut from the squad. To add to his disappointment after a contract extension he is a RT, we would need a LT. Cook is our RT and will only move back to Center if its absolutly needed, even then we got three other guys, Sulivan, Mozes, and Herrera who can snap the ball and are the prototypical size for a center. The thought of Cook at Center would really boost the size in our offensive lineman but he's got all the talent and size to be an actual RT in this league and I believe that is exactly why we drafted him in the 2nd round. The plan was never to have him play primary center, we actually drafted a Tackle.

It is good speculation and somewhat of a mystery given our current situation with McKinnie. IMO I hope this does not happen, I would rather see us go with Chase Johnson in the event that McKinnie is charged and suspended. Too many Charger fans will tell you they were very upset with Shane's overall play and wished he had been benched much sooner. I don't think Shane possess the type of work ethic that Ryan Cook does and I don't see him beating Cook out or even signing him.
    Correction. The 3 other center possibilities we have is Sullivan, Mozes & Mattran.

Herrera has played LG, RG & T, but I don't believe he ever played C.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Why would a team secretly sign Shane Olivea, who is supposedly a poor player & not announce it? Out of embarrassment?

Furthermore, teams can only have 80 men in their roster. I hope whoever signed him & is keeping him a secret is not carrying 81 & violating the rules.

With that said, perhaps it is the Patriots.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    No Thanks. Shane O was considered a fine RT at one time but has been complete garbage which lead him to being benched in favor of another guy and eventually cut from the squad. To add to his disappointment after a contract extension he is a RT, we would need a LT. Cook is our RT and will only move back to Center if its absolutly needed, even then we got three other guys, Sulivan, Mozes, and Herrera who can snap the ball and are the prototypical size for a center. The thought of Cook at Center would really boost the size in our offensive lineman but he's got all the talent and size to be an actual RT in this league and I believe that is exactly why we drafted him in the 2nd round. The plan was never to have him play primary center, we actually drafted a Tackle.

It is good speculation and somewhat of a mystery given our current situation with McKinnie. IMO I hope this does not happen, I would rather see us go with Chase Johnson in the event that McKinnie is charged and suspended. Too many Charger fans will tell you they were very upset with Shane's overall play and wished he had been benched much sooner. I don't think Shane possess the type of work ethic that Ryan Cook does and I don't see him beating Cook out or even signing him.
    Correction. The 3 other center possibilities we have is Sullivan, Mozes & Mattran.

Herrera has played LG, RG & T, but I don't believe he ever played C.
    Your correct, I know of Mattran but I don't expect him to make the team. Herrera can snap the ball and play center. I would guess its unlikely he does this but he is capable. I bleieve I heard this in one of Childress's interviews.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Why would a team secretly sign Shane Olivea, who is supposedly a poor player & not announce it? Out of embarrassment?

Furthermore, teams can only have 80 men in their roster. I hope whoever signed him & is keeping him a secret is not carrying 81 & violating the rules.

With that said, perhaps it is the Patriots.
    That was funny.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

He proberly had agreed to terms with a team, but the deal was never signed.. He is stil a free agent and i dont think that he has a deal in place with anyone..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I like all the thought you put into this my friend but I just don't see it happening.

I know we all seem to want to try to fix our Tackle issues but step back a minute and take a look at what the coaching staff and front office have done in this area.

Absolutely nothing......

That leads me to believe that the organization doesn't think our T issues are as bad as us fans think it is.
    I for one am comfortable (Because the coaches feel comfortable) with the notion that Big Mac will miss some games this year and someone off the roster will take his place.

Arm chair QB all you want, thats the reality of the thing.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I like all the thought you put into this my friend but I just don't see it happening.

I know we all seem to want to try to fix our Tackle issues but step back a minute and take a look at what the coaching staff and front office have done in this area.

Absolutely nothing......

That leads me to believe that the organization doesn't think our T issues are as bad as us fans think it is.
    I for one am comfortable (Because the coaches feel comfortable) with the notion that Big Mac will miss some games this year and someone off the roster will take his place.

:
    Marr, You are preaching to the choir. When everyone was screaming on draft day for a OT, I resided with the cooler heads and realized that OT was not an issue that would be answered via the draft. This is just random speculation. I won't rule it out but it's a possiblility.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Absolutely nothing......

:
    Marr, You are preaching to the choir. When everyone was screaming on draft day for a OT, I resided with the cooler heads and realized that OT was not an issue that would be answered via the draft. This is just random speculation. I won't rule it out but it's a possiblility.
    I'm with ya then.
    Speculate away.
    You know I like to do that stuff as well even though some people get pissed.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Absolutely nothing......

:
    That being said, IF the BPA was an OT, it wouldn't have been a bad move.

I'm still PO'ed that the Vikings passed on Marcus McNeill when they had a chance to draft him.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Whoever signed him are screwed & will only see him play 6 games this year due to suspension by the NFL.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=45807.new#new

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast