Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    NO you MUST respect the salary cap. Read my words respect the salary cap. You don't need to pay a ton of money for everyone.

    You need to develop a team with good leadership. This all starts at the top and it's what's makes the good teams GREAT and the bad teams bad!!!!

    Give me a break look at the Packers on paper I thought we would destroy them. But year after year they find a way to OUT manage the Minnesota Vikings. That is the difference at this point.

    Hopefully the Vikings under Ziggy's regin will produce that quality leadership we are lacking.

    We are dumping the bad apples and trying to make people understand that working or playing for the Vikings is a honor and should be treated as such.

    Look at the Pats and Eagles they get away with short-changing players all the time.

    Bad or good depends on what you want. Some people a healthy work place is more important to them. Some are driven by money.

    But if you create that feeling that's it's an honor to play for this team you get GREAT players at great prices.

    My bigger fear is losing great leaders like Tomlin and replacing with newbie's that don't command the respect of their players. There is only a salary cap on players not coaches.

    So Ziggy please spend wisely.

    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  2. #12
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    Good post Vikes....that is sooo true, a team starts in the locker room and we really don't have a stand out leader that make all the guys around him click. Hopefully we will see Tarvaris develop into that guy. As much as I hate Farve, he is a great player, he is a great leader, if it weren't for Farve many of the guys wouldn't still be with the Packers.

    I think that the main reason the Patriots are so successful though is Belicheck, he takes underrated players and turns them into stars. I think the main reason for this is so many coaches don't adjust their system to the players they have. Belicheck takes these players and forms his system around them, and calls his plays around them. But he still needs players with playmaking ability and leaders for sure. I think that one of the main reasons we kept the plays simple last year is because we had no real reliable playmakers. Childress was kinda stuck with calling only plays that he knew his team could manage.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  3. #13
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    I agree Belicheck is an awsome coach. But the owner and GM are part of this successful process as well.

    "davike" wrote:
    Good post Vikes....that is sooo true, a team starts in the locker room and we really don't have a stand out leader that make all the guys around him click. Hopefully we will see Tarvaris develop into that guy. As much as I hate Farve, he is a great player, he is a great leader, if it weren't for Farve many of the guys wouldn't still be with the Packers.

    I think that the main reason the Patriots are so successful though is Belicheck, he takes underrated players and turns them into stars. I think the main reason for this is so many coaches don't adjust their system to the players they have. Belicheck takes these players and forms his system around them, and calls his plays around them. But he still needs players with playmaking ability and leaders for sure. I think that one of the main reasons we kept the plays simple last year is because we had no real reliable playmakers. Childress was kinda stuck with calling only plays that he knew his team could manage.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  4. #14
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    I agree to both sides of this.
    I agree that Samuels is a great corner and he can provide a good presence at the CB position.
    However, I do not see the Vikings going for him.
    He will demand too much money and it is a position that we have enough young talent with depth.
    Albeit, not a lot of proven players but good young talent that are ready to develope.



  5. #15
    PacMan21's Avatar
    PacMan21 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    164

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    Patriots | Team talks trade with Redskins
    Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:54:32 -0700

    Albert Breer, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have been rumored to have been talking about a trade with the Washington Redskins, which would ship the Patriots 28th pick and CB Asante Samuel to the Redskins for the sixth overall pick. This would allow the Patriots to draft Louisiana State S LaRon Landry, an impact player who would be ready to start on the season opener.


    Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    "davike" wrote:


    I think that the main reason the Patriots are so successful though is Belicheck, he takes underrated players and turns them into stars. I think the main reason for this is so many coaches don't adjust their system to the players they have. Belicheck takes these players and forms his system around them, and calls his plays around them. But he still needs players with playmaking ability and leaders for sure. I think that one of the main reasons we kept the plays simple last year is because we had no real reliable playmakers. Childress was kinda stuck with calling only plays that he knew his team could manage.
    I see Childress as the mirror image of belichek. Where Belichek takes players with potential and designs his offense and defense around their strengths, Childress is instead taking a rigid offensive strategy and banking on the notion that before he gets fired he can sign the talent it takes to run it. Maybe he can get it done and maybe he can't but my guess is if Belichek had a line that was designed to man block, he wouldn't have stuck in a zone blocking scheme that they would not have figured out by the last game of the year and I also have to believe that after the first series of plays or so he would have made a few adjustments to the game plan in an attempt to score a few more points. I don't think last year was a situation where Childress was limited in his play calling due to the talent. If they had no talent they wouldn't have scored on almost every opening drive. The problems came after that first drive when other teams saw our game plan and adjusted to it, while we kept keeping on.

  7. #17
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    "Vikes" wrote:
    I agree Belicheck is an awsome coach. But the owner and GM are part of this successful process as well.

    "davike" wrote:
    Good post Vikes....that is sooo true, a team starts in the locker room and we really don't have a stand out leader that make all the guys around him click. Hopefully we will see Tarvaris develop into that guy. As much as I hate Farve, he is a great player, he is a great leader, if it weren't for Farve many of the guys wouldn't still be with the Packers.

    I think that the main reason the Patriots are so successful though is Belicheck, he takes underrated players and turns them into stars. I think the main reason for this is so many coaches don't adjust their system to the players they have. Belicheck takes these players and forms his system around them, and calls his plays around them. But he still needs players with playmaking ability and leaders for sure. I think that one of the main reasons we kept the plays simple last year is because we had no real reliable playmakers. Childress was kinda stuck with calling only plays that he knew his team could manage.
    For sure.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  8. #18
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:


    I think that the main reason the Patriots are so successful though is Belicheck, he takes underrated players and turns them into stars. I think the main reason for this is so many coaches don't adjust their system to the players they have. Belicheck takes these players and forms his system around them, and calls his plays around them. But he still needs players with playmaking ability and leaders for sure. I think that one of the main reasons we kept the plays simple last year is because we had no real reliable playmakers. Childress was kinda stuck with calling only plays that he knew his team could manage.
    I see Childress as the mirror image of belichek. Where Belichek takes players with potential and designs his offense and defense around their strengths, Childress is instead taking a rigid offensive strategy and banking on the notion that before he gets fired he can sign the talent it takes to run it. Maybe he can get it done and maybe he can't but my guess is if Belichek had a line that was designed to man block, he wouldn't have stuck in a zone blocking scheme that they would not have figured out by the last game of the year and I also have to believe that after the first series of plays or so he would have made a few adjustments to the game plan in an attempt to score a few more points. I don't think last year was a situation where Childress was limited in his play calling due to the talent. If they had no talent they wouldn't have scored on almost every opening drive. The problems came after that first drive when other teams saw our game plan and adjusted to it, while we kept keeping on.
    Yeah....I didn't mean they didn't have talent...but they didn't have a consistent playmaker that really opened up the playbook for Childress.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    "PacMan21" wrote:
    Patriots | Team talks trade with Redskins
    Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:54:32 -0700

    Albert Breer, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have been rumored to have been talking about a trade with the Washington Redskins, which would ship the Patriots 28th pick and CB Asante Samuel to the Redskins for the sixth overall pick. This would allow the Patriots to draft Louisiana State S LaRon Landry, an impact player who would be ready to start on the season opener.
    OK.
    I am all for this trade.
    Landry isn't on our draft radar anyway, so this would increase the chance that we get one of the players who the Vikings both need and actually warrant a #7 pick.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PacMan21" wrote:
    Patriots | Team talks trade with Redskins
    Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:54:32 -0700

    Albert Breer, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have been rumored to have been talking about a trade with the Washington Redskins, which would ship the Patriots 28th pick and CB Asante Samuel to the Redskins for the sixth overall pick. This would allow the Patriots to draft Louisiana State S LaRon Landry, an impact player who would be ready to start on the season opener.
    OK.
    I am all for this trade.
    Landry isn't on our draft radar anyway, so this would increase the chance that we get one of the players who the Vikings both need and actually warrant a #7 pick.
    That would be an interesting deal....I don't know if we would want to go that low though, I wanted to get Meachem and doubt he would be available then. I wouldn't mind having Asante in the least.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How about Asante Samuel?
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 02:02 AM
  2. Asante Samuel Signed
    By V4L in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
  3. Patriots' Asante Samuel wants to stay
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
  4. Asante Samuel talks going nowhere
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 09:02 AM
  5. Agent says Asante Samuel wants ‘affection’
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 01:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •