Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

Asante Samuel (patriots CB) may be looking for a trade from the patriots. Dont know what we got to offer, maybe dwight smith? No link at the moment but I seen it on NFL total access. Ill keep looking for a link but do you think we should trade the patriots since we are in need of a CB.

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

Re: Could a trade be possible for Asante Samuel?

Why did Asante Samuel want a trade?
    Did the NFL network say?
    I thought he got a whole bunch of money?
    I don't see a trade happening with him but i would love to see him on the team.
    He is a very good CB and he is only getting better.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

No theres no point in trading for Asante Samuel to me becuz we have a decent young group of CBs already(Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Ronyell Whitaker, oh yea and dont 4get about Dovonte Edwards who's coming back from injury this yr.) im really excited about Cedric Griffin he's gonna be awesome he plays exactly like Anroine Winfield to me a physical, hard nose, run stopping & speedy cover corner. And im pretty sure we'll pick another CB in the later rounds of the draft(5,6 or 7)

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Jordan" wrote:
    No theres no point in trading for Asante Samuel to me becuz we have a decent young group of CBs already(Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Ronyell Whitaker, oh yea and dont 4get about Dovonte Edwards who's coming back from injury this yr.) im really excited about Cedric Griffin he's gonna be awesome he plays exactly like Anroine Winfield to me a physical, hard nose, run stopping & speedy cover corner. And im pretty sure we'll pick another CB in the later rounds of the draft(5,6 or 7)
    We also have Charles Gordon...who has very good speed and is still very raw at CB, since he played both WR and CB at Kansas.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

patistheman is offline Starter

"Nebvikefan" wrote:
    Why did Asante Samuel want a trade?
    Did the NFL network say?
    I thought he got a whole bunch of money?
    I don't see a trade happening with him but i would love to see him on the team.
    He is a very good CB and he is only getting better.
    Samuel was designated the franchise player for the second year in a row, I'm sure he has about the same thoughts as Lance Briggs.

I would much rather have Samuel and Winfield as our starting corners and Griffin at nickel than have Winfield and Griffin the starters with Whitaker/Edwards the nickel.
    Samuel is a proven CB who is pretty damm good.
    We dont really know what we have in Edwards and Whitaker.
    We were the last ranked pass defense last year and Samuel would definately be an upgrade.
    In the last two years he has 13 INTs, 10 of them in 06, and 33 passes defensed.
    If we could make a good deal to get him I would definatly want him here.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

http://mvn.com/nfl-patriots/2007/03/27/asante-samuel-quiet-on-the-contract/

Not telling much that would show that vikings will be interested but shows why Asante Samuel might want a trade.

Some people are good at spending other people's money.
    ;D

Some are called 'children', others are called 'ex-wives', while others are called 'government bureaucrats'.
    Here, we call them 'Viking fans who frequently play "Madden" and forget about salary cap implications'.

;D

Assante Samuel would cost too much money,

and is not in the Vikings plans because too much 'CB money' is already tied up in Winfield.
    Further, the Vikings would like to see if Griffin or Edwards could develop into CBs who are as good as Samuel or Winfield before they ponder investing big $$$ in a (restricted) free agent or franchise CB.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

patistheman is offline Starter

"Purplexing" wrote:

;D

Some are called 'children', others are called 'ex-wives', while others are called 'government bureaucrats'.
    Here, we call them 'Viking fans who frequently play "Madden" and forget about salary cap implications'.

;D

and is not in the Vikings plans because too much 'CB money' is already tied up in Winfield.
    Further, the Vikings would like to see if Griffin or Edwards could develop into CBs who are as good as Samuel or Winfield before they ponder investing big $$$ in a (restricted) free agent or franchise CB.
    I'm sick of hearing about salary cap.
    We have plenty of space and Samuel would definatly be worth it, that is as long as he didnt get the money that clements got.
    We gave Smoot pretty good amount of money when we had Winfields contract, I dont see why we couldnt give Samuel good money.
    Plus he has played for championship teams and could bring quality leadership too the team, even though we already have good leaders I think, he knows what it takes to win championships.
    I know everybody says we are rebuilding through the draft and that thats what alot of you want, but if we can pick up a good player like that we should do it.
    I'm sure it will not happen anyway though.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Jordan" wrote:
    whitaker is trash, (remember the first bears game anyone?) Edwards has proven absolutely nothing.
    had he not gotten one pick against green bay two years ago and brought it to the house most people wouldn't even know who he is.
    Griffin should be good, but samuel is by far better.
    i'm honestly not comfortable starting edwards/whittaker at nickel as of now.
    i'd really like to see some depth at corner, mabye they'll grab someone in the 3rd round to compete for nickel

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"patistheman" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:

;D

;D

I'm sick of hearing about salary cap.
    We have plenty of space and Samuel would definatly be worth it, that is as long as he didnt get the money that clements got.
    We gave Smoot pretty good amount of money when we had Winfields contract, I dont see why we couldnt give Samuel good money.
    Plus he has played for championship teams and could bring quality leadership too the team, even though we already have good leaders I think, he knows what it takes to win championships.
    I know everybody says we are rebuilding through the draft and that thats what alot of you want, but if we can pick up a good player like that we should do it.
    I'm sure it will not happen anyway though.
    Patistheman.....you basically just explained yourself why the Vikes won't go for Samuel.
    You said "as long as he didn't get the money that Clements got"...and then further down, followed it up with "Plus he has played for championship teams and could bring quality leadership too the team, even though we already have good leaders I think, he knows what it takes to win championships."
    Those two quotes right there, along with the belief that he's a better corner than Clements would skyrocket his asking price beyond what the Vikes would be willing, or possibly even able, to give up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast